Dozens Die From Storms. No Obama Visit?

I will be interested to see if this changes in the next day or two. At this point he probably deserves the benefit of the doubt with storms raging not 24 hours ago.

Joplin, MO gets erased by a tornado. W was there. The flooding in Grand Forks ND, W shows up.

A massive outbreak of tornadoes trash several towns in the midwest... Obama? Bitching at Rush Limbaugh.

Anyone else's hypocris-o-meter pegging out?

to be fair, this all appeared to happen in the last 36 hours(?)....I would expect him to be there soon..next 24 or so....
WHERE Trajon? Pick a STATE. It is still HAPPENING. And its CAMBRIDGE Unkotare.

*shrugs* I would suggest the town that got wiped out, or that is the rescue station where the people have collected, and of course if there are no storms in the area...

Oh course this is a tragedy, an on going tragedy. But as an aside, it's interesting to watch the progression of expectations that the President show up at each and every natural disaster...or else be called calluse, or a coward, or something else.

And if the president were to visit one of the disaster sites, he’d be accused by the right of exploiting a National tragedy for political gain.

Oh course this is a tragedy, an on going tragedy. But as an aside, it's interesting to watch the progression of expectations that the President show up at each and every natural disaster...or else be called calluse, or a coward, or something else.

And if the president were to visit one of the disaster sites, he’d be accused by the right of exploiting a National tragedy for political gain.
C C Jones. Where that the case he would need to be in ELEVEN states. Tornado watch on here in North Florida NOW. Wind is picking up.

You mean just like W was? So? It was right to do to W... it must be right to do to Obama.

Holy shit, Fitz. You really are in love with ol' W. It is a little embarrassing.

How's that apology coming along, by the way?
A storm system that stretches from Indiana to Florida is hard to FOLLOW.

Sad.Death from tornadoes and an idiot in the "White" House.
Both are preventable. Critique your candidates and learn to build a house.
I'll never understand murkins living in match boxes.

Attachments

• $100_68051024x768.jpg
    $100_68051024x768.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 56
Holy shit, Fitz. You really are in love with ol' W. It is a little embarrassing.

Huh? You replying to me?
The Board is now tiny as the power goes in & out. My apologies. I meant to respond to a post about Obama "coming here". I still wonder which of the many states hit he is supposed to travel to.
Douger, how does one death from tornadoes? Been a lot of them the last three days, in many states. there are few basements in Florida; and we don't get many tornado watches in early March, until the the ten to fifteen years.

Huh? You replying to me?
The Board is now tiny as the power goes in & out. My apologies. I meant to respond to a post about Obama "coming here". I still wonder which of the many states hit he is supposed to travel to.
Douger, how does one death from tornadoes? Been a lot of them the last three days, in many states. there are few basements in Florida; and we don't get many tornado watches in early March, until the the ten to fifteen years.
CORRECTIONS: How does one AVOID death from tornadoes? Until the last ten to fifteen years.

Huh? You replying to me?
I'll assume you left out "prevent death".
Basements aren't the answer. Concrete and steel is. The house pictured above survived a 145 mph gust without a hiccup. I know tornadoes can hit much harder than that but the houses I built in Dade county laughed at hurricane Andrew(168 +mph) and a few others afterwards.90% of the homes in murka would have vanished in a 145 mph wind.
The window technology today is amazing if you pay the price.So is the roofing technology.
Sticks,boards, nails, plywood and shingles = garbage.
Concrete,steel, screws, welding and galvalume = house.

Here's what being "thrifty" results in.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ssW5aFMco&feature=related]Hurricane Andrew 1992, Incredible Damage! Part-1 - YouTube[/ame]

Huh? You replying to me?
I'll assume you left out "prevent death".
Basements aren't the answer. Concrete and steel is. The house pictured above survived a 145 mph gust without a hiccup. I know tornadoes can hit much harder than that but the houses I built in Dade county laughed at hurricane Andrew(168 +mph) and a few others afterwards.90% of the homes in murka would have vanished in a 145 mph wind.
The window technology today is amazing if you pay the price.So is the roofing technology.
Sticks,boards, nails, plywood and shingles = garbage.
Concrete,steel, screws, welding and galvalume = house.

Douger.......I don't cre for your politics....but if you want some bad ass steel cutting saw blades......I got em and I'm wanting to get rid of em'.

I will be interested to see if this changes in the next day or two. At this point he probably deserves the benefit of the doubt with storms raging not 24 hours ago.

President Obama called the governors of Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky today regarding the deadly tornados that have claimed at least 35 lives across a wide swath of the United States since Friday.

A White House release says Obama was briefed by FEMA director Craig Fugate before the call, and pledged the emergency response agency is poised to provide assistance to state recovery efforts if necessary. The president offered condolences to the victims of the storms and acknowledged it may be days before the full extent of damage is known.

Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky bore the overwhelming majority of casualties from the last day’s storms, which were only the latest wave of extreme weather to hit the Midwest and South in the last week. All three have declared a state of emergency.
Obama Calls Governors of Storm-Ravaged States - ABC News

Looks like he's on top of it..:cool:

I don't care about W at all. I care about the rampant hypocrisy, and illustrating it by using the same standard you loony lefties did on W. Sucks when you have Alinsky's Rules used on you, doesn't it?

What apology?

President Obama called the governors of Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky today regarding the deadly tornados that have claimed at least 35 lives across a wide swath of the United States since Friday.

A White House release says Obama was briefed by FEMA director Craig Fugate before the call, and pledged the emergency response agency is poised to provide assistance to state recovery efforts if necessary. The president offered condolences to the victims of the storms and acknowledged it may be days before the full extent of damage is known.

Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky bore the overwhelming majority of casualties from the last day’s storms, which were only the latest wave of extreme weather to hit the Midwest and South in the last week. All three have declared a state of emergency.

Why such a long wait for us a phonecall?

Well lets see.

He is also working on that little Iran thing..you know..that thing you guys keep saying he's an "appeaser" on?

Reuters) - President Barack Obama issued his most direct threat yet of U.S. military action against Iran if it builds a nuclear weapon, but in a message to Israel's leader ahead of White House talks he also cautioned against a pre-emptive Israeli strike.

"As president of the United States, I don't bluff," Obama warned Iran in a magazine interview published on Friday, three days before he will host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Washington.

Obama says he's not bluffing on Iran military option | Reuters

Well lets see.

He is also working on that little Iran thing..you know..that thing you guys keep saying he's an "appeaser" on?

Reuters) - President Barack Obama issued his most direct threat yet of U.S. military action against Iran if it builds a nuclear weapon, but in a message to Israel's leader ahead of White House talks he also cautioned against a pre-emptive Israeli strike.

"As president of the United States, I don't bluff," Obama warned Iran in a magazine interview published on Friday, three days before he will host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Washington.

Oh I see. He's actually 'doing' something there? Unlike all the other times where he just punts to his subordinates and takes credit? He had enough time to be briefed on some whiny law student chick who puts out to the tune of 1000 bucks a year in birth control, and phone her for moral support. And of course he's getting involved with the issues of a nation that is not a threat to the US like Iraq takes precedent over American Citizens, right?

And for those who probably never read the beginning of the thread, YES this is using the absurd to illustrate previous absurdity.

Last edited:

Well lets see.

Oh I see. He's actually 'doing' something there? Unlike all the other times where he just punts to his subordinates and takes credit? He had enough time to be briefed on some whiny law student chick who puts out to the tune of 1000 bucks a year in birth control, and phone her for moral support. And of course he's getting involved with the issues of a nation that is not a threat to the US like Iraq takes precedent over American Citizens, right?

And for those who probably never read the beginning of the thread, YES this is using the absurd to illustrate previous absurdity.
Why such a long wait for us a phone call?
Many may be without phones; should Obama go to Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Alabama or Georgia first?

Forum List

Back