Dozens Die From Storms. No Obama Visit?

Storms are still moving through and rescue workers are still hard at work.

A Presidential entourage with all that it entails would just get in the way.
Then people would bitch and moan that he's in it for a photo-op and clogging roads and airspace because of security measures.

fuck, I really get tired of this kind of bullshit

We wouldn't care if W came here or not either. And would just as soon he stayed away as well. ~yawn~

Expecting our presidents to personally visit every area hit by natural disasters that hit ever year is absurd. The sheer safety logistics of it are insane. I'm sorry but there have been traffic accidents with higher casualities. As a conservative I don't want THOUSANDS of dollars wasted in a pointless photo op.

Take Obama on, on issues that actually matter.

Then people would bitch and moan that he's in it for a photo-op and clogging roads and airspace because of security measures.

Exactly. I totally agree.

Me too!

Shut up hack. Your transparency is showing.

Joplin, MO gets erased by a tornado. W was there. The flooding in Grand Forks ND, W shows up.

A massive outbreak of tornadoes trash several towns in the midwest... Obama? Bitching at Rush Limbaugh.

Anyone else's hypocris-o-meter pegging out?

In southern Illinois and western KY, we really don't care if Obama shows up or not. We would just as soon he stay away.

I wondered if anyone was going to tell any part of the truth. This is it, the people affected don't care about Obama showing up, they aren't crying because an act of nature fucked their shit up, they will pull together and fix it, with or without the government, and they won't cry for assistance for 5 years like they are still doing in NO..........

Joplin, MO gets erased by a tornado. W was there. The flooding in Grand Forks ND, W shows up.

A massive outbreak of tornadoes trash several towns in the midwest... Obama? Bitching at Rush Limbaugh.

In southern Illinois and western KY, we really don't care if Obama shows up or not. We would just as soon he stay away.

I wondered if anyone was going to tell any part of the truth. This is it, the people affected don't care about Obama showing up, they aren't crying because an act of nature fucked their shit up, they will pull together and fix it, with or without the government, and they won't cry for assistance for 5 years like they are still doing in NO..........

That's what we did after the big ice storm of 2009. My power came back pretty fast, and I posted on another forum that people were helping one another here and you should have seen the ass chewing I got for that. I was called every kind of racist and 52 kids of a motherfucker!

Reality though, our roads were clear in a matter of hours because guys took their chain saws out and removed all the trees from the roadways. They didn't wait for the state. If they had we might still not be able to get out of here! LOL. It took over 3 weeks for some places to get power back after that. I was working in TN at the time and every power pole for 127 miles was down. The government was supposed to send someone out to where I live to knock on every door that weekend. No one came to my house!

Last edited:
Ah, I see. So which reason is it that there's no visit?

1. Lack of importance.

2. Not severe enough.

3. Not enough people died.

4. The Race Card. (Not enough black people to care)

5. Hmm what? Sportscenter?

6. Rush, STFU is more important.

I should have made this a poll.

This just happened you fool. I don't live too far away from it and the last thing they need now are visitors and anything that would draw crowds. The area is sealed off and guarded.

Besides, being the angry bitter right wing loon you seem to be, if he did go you'd be bitchin' about him using it as a photo op to use campaigning.

According to the loonies he would be wrong if he shat gold bricks and handed out ham sandwiches...

Huh? You replying to me?
The Board is now tiny as the power goes in & out. My apologies. I meant to respond to a post about Obama "coming here". I still wonder which of the many states hit he is supposed to travel to.
Douger, how does one death from tornadoes? Been a lot of them the last three days, in many states. there are few basements in Florida; and we don't get many tornado watches in early March, until the the ten to fifteen years.
I'll assume you left out "prevent death".
Basements aren't the answer. Concrete and steel is. The house pictured above survived a 145 mph gust without a hiccup. I know tornadoes can hit much harder than that but the houses I built in Dade county laughed at hurricane Andrew(168 +mph) and a few others afterwards.90% of the homes in murka would have vanished in a 145 mph wind.
The window technology today is amazing if you pay the price.So is the roofing technology.
Sticks,boards, nails, plywood and shingles = garbage.
Concrete,steel, screws, welding and galvalume = house.
Thanks; Florida homes are primarily masonry, some wood. Built to keep cool IN.

1. Lack of importance.

2. Not severe enough.

This just happened you fool. I don't live too far away from it and the last thing they need now are visitors and anything that would draw crowds. The area is sealed off and guarded.

Besides, being the angry bitter right wing loon you seem to be, if he did go you'd be bitchin' about him using it as a photo op to use campaigning.

According to the loonies he would be wrong if he shat gold bricks and handed out ham sandwiches...
You mean.... just like W was screwed no matter what he did, eh?

1. Lack of importance.

2. Not severe enough.

Katrina was not a surprise.

Off the scale. Meter movement needs to be replaced. :eusa_whistle:

174999.gif

1. Lack of importance.

2. Not severe enough.

Fitz, he took office TWICE, The second time I have no doubt he had a reasonable margin of victory, without a lawsuit. AND, he got more votes.

That's what we did after the big ice storm of 2009. My power came back pretty fast, and I posted on another forum that people were helping one another here and you should have seen the ass chewing I got for that. I was called every kind of racist and 52 kids of a motherfucker!

Reality though, our roads were clear in a matter of hours because guys took their chain saws out and removed all the trees from the roadways. They didn't wait for the state. If they had we might still not be able to get out of here! LOL. It took over 3 weeks for some places to get power back after that. I was working in TN at the time and every power pole for 127 miles was down. The government was supposed to send someone out to where I live to knock on every door that weekend. No one came to my house!
The storms are still partly in Ga. & Ala. Just hitting here. Roughest part forecast at 4:00 am.

Forum List

Back