Obama Called Fluke but Said Nothing to Tornado Victims

Perhaps you are confusing cheap publicity photo ops with actually CARING about the troops?

0GDab.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/0GDab

Last edited:
The author of the OP has taken the article down.

To my readers:

I have regrettably decided to take this piece down.

The original report said that Obama did not make any phone calls or statements until Saturday regarding the tornado disasters that swept the Midwest Thursday and Friday, when he made three calls to the governors of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.

It turns out that I missed a pool report stating that he had called six governors on Thursday, conveying support and expressing condolences.

To my readers:

The original report said that Obama did not make any phone calls or statements until Saturday regarding the tornado disasters that swept the Midwest Thursday and Friday, when he made three calls to the governors of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.

It turns out that I missed a pool report stating that he had called six governors on Thursday, conveying support and expressing condolences.
...here is the full statement from where you cut it...

It is still true that Obama said nothing about the tornadoes on Friday while taking time to phone Georgetown law student and reproductive right activists Sandra Fluke, who had been insulted by Rush Limbaugh. The call was a politically motivated move amounting to an attempt to steer controversy over the Obamacare birth control coverage mandate away from a discussion damaging to the president about forcing leaders of religious institutions to violate their conscience, and instead toward a battle over women’s health rights.

I believe he should have done more Friday, and probably made a statement himself. The president failed to exercise leadership by at least putting out a statement to the public expressing support for the victims. But I think making a total of nine calls, and most of them as the disaster was happening, undermines the premise of the article, which was that he made little effort to reach out to victims and instead attended to his political business.

My goal with White House Dossier as always is to provide you with real White House accountability that you do not find elsewhere. After much thought, I felt the article could not longer be said to provide accountability, since he had taken the time to involve himself in supporting those incurring the disaster.

I apologize for the mistake.

He's a stand up guy- taking in new information- then correcting a story immediately. The NY Times would have waited 3 weeks and buried the retraction or correction on page 17.....

To my readers:

I cut the part that was irrelevant to the point.

It is still true that Obama said nothing about the tornadoes on Friday while taking time to phone Georgetown law student and reproductive right activists Sandra Fluke, who had been insulted by Rush Limbaugh. The call was a politically motivated move amounting to an attempt to steer controversy over the Obamacare birth control coverage mandate away from a discussion damaging to the president about forcing leaders of religious institutions to violate their conscience, and instead toward a battle over women’s health rights.

I believe he should have done more Friday, and probably made a statement himself. The president failed to exercise leadership by at least putting out a statement to the public expressing support for the victims. But I think making a total of nine calls, and most of them as the disaster was happening, undermines the premise of the article, which was that he made little effort to reach out to victims and instead attended to his political business.

My goal with White House Dossier as always is to provide you with real White House accountability that you do not find elsewhere. After much thought, I felt the article could not longer be said to provide accountability, since he had taken the time to involve himself in supporting those incurring the disaster.

He's a stand up guy- taking in new information- then correcting a story immediately. The NY Times would have waited 3 weeks and buried the retraction or correction on page 17.....
[/quote]
I don't disagree with you. He is a stand up guy.

The fact of the matter is that the article was meant to stir up an emotional response in the anti-Obama crowd (as this thread shows) - and although I appreciate the fact that this guy corrected himself, his excuses in the later paragraphs are a little ridiculous.

Complaining that Obama didn't call them again on Friday, after he had called on Thursday?

Do you really think that's a legitimate beef?

I cut the part that was irrelevant to the point.

theDoctorisin said:
I don't disagree with you. He is a stand up guy.

The fact of the matter is that the article was meant to stir up an emotional response in the anti-Obama crowd (as this thread shows) - and although I appreciate the fact that this guy corrected himself, his excuses in the later paragraphs are a little ridiculous.

Complaining that Obama didn't call them again on Friday, after he had called on Thursday?

Do you really think that's a legitimate beef?

I agree that there are some silly criticisms in there. The fact that he corrected the story so quickly was impressive, even with the caveats.

Overall, I still think Obama handled the situation poorly. He is the President- he needs to make a statement to the press and let people know what the Government is doing. You'd think he'd want that free PR, being the "enormous government is the answer" guy that he is.....

fauxrage is so boring...
Indeed. Who gets mad in this day and age when someone is called a slut? Especially by a boorish pig?

So if Howard Stern called you by your real name on his radio programme and said you were a slut (even though you weren't), and the national press got hold of your name and made you a house hold name, you wouldn't be outraged?

My, you have thick skin....

Overall, I still think Obama handled the situation poorly. He is the President- he needs to make a statement to the press and let people know what the Government is doing. You'd think he'd want that free PR, being the "enormous government is the answer" guy that he is.....

The thing is, he knows your Rovian playbook so well.

He knows, and I know, and anybody with half a brain knows that according to righties:

President makes statement on disaster = politicising the indicent or he is grandstanding.

He is in a lose-lose situation with rightie nutjobs. he's letting the federal and state agencie get on with their jobs, like he should...

He knows, and I know, and anybody with half a brain knows that according to righties:

President makes statement on disaster = politicising the indicent or he is grandstanding.

He is in a lose-lose situation with rightie nutjobs. he's letting the federal and state agencie get on with their jobs, like he should...
Bullshit. He is the President. His job it to lead the country. If he can't stand the heat- get the fuck out of the kitchen. He's a whining eunuch...

Bullshit. He is the President. His job it to lead the country. If he can't stand the heat- get the fuck out of the kitchen. He's a whining eunuch...

One word: Katrina...

One word: Katrina...
Obama is handling this worse than Katrina - I agree.

Kind, caring, compassionate Obama calls abortion activist to offer his condolences over being called a slut....and ignores tornado victims. His priorities are clear - Politics first, nation second.

President Obama Friday took time out of his day to make a politically motivated call a Georgetown Law student who had been insulted by Rush Limbaugh, but he failed to utter a single public statement or make any calls – as far as we know – related to the tornadoes raging the same day across the Midwest.

The tornadoes have so far killed at least 39 people. The Georgetown Law student had her feelings hurt.

The student, a “reproductive rights” activist named Sandra Fluke, was called a slut and and a prostitute by Limbaugh over her support for forcing religious institutions to cover birth control.

By phoning Fluke, Obama was helping steer controversy over the Obamacare birth control coverage mandate away from a discussion damaging to the president about forcing leaders of religious institutions to violate their conscience, and instead toward a battle over women’s health rights.

But as he worked on his political objectives, Obama passed up several opportunities to mention the tornadoes, failing to appear at the White House and saying nothing about the storms during remarks Friday afternoon to a “conservation conference” at the Department of the Interior.

He didn’t even release a written statement, though he managed to put out a “Notice of Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Situation in Zimbabwe.”
Obama Called Fluke but Said Nothing to Tornado Victims | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Did Rush insult the tornado victims TOO?

On a more serious note, I'm sure the president knows the tornado victims have more important immediate concerns. You know! Like surviving and pulling themselves together after what is undoubtedly the worst thing to ever happen to them?

I agree that there are some silly criticisms in there. The fact that he corrected the story so quickly was impressive, even with the caveats.

More impressive would be not "missing" the basic facts of the matter before spouting off, no?

Shouldn't you be touting the myriad benefits of ObamaCare somewhere? Or are you paid to protect Obama on other issues too?

More impressive would be not "missing" the basic facts of the matter before spouting off, no?

Shouldn't you be touting the myriad benefits of ObamaCare somewhere? Or are you paid to protect Obama on other issues too?

:laugh:

Isn't much need to "protect" Obama when dupes like you are simply posting transparent lies that your feeders are forced to retract later in the day, is there?

:laugh:

Isn't much need to "protect" Obama when dupes like you are simply posting transparent lies that your feeders are forced to retract later in the day, is there?
We all make mistakes, at least this guy admits it, owns it, and corrects the record.

So tell me Greenbeard what is the pay for being a truth squader? Do you get to sniff one of Obama's golf shirts after he plays on a hot day? Maybe you get a souvenir Obama cigarette butt??? Whatever the pay, you're a good apparatchik comrade, a very good one......:lol:

truth%2520squad.jpg

According to the White House, Obama spoke with the Governors of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, States most affected, to offer federal aid and conveyed his condolences to the families of all the victims.

Also, President Obama called Andy Fetchik, Principal of Chardon High School....to express his condolences following the shooting that took place Monday morning. The President told Principal Fetchik that he was heartbroken by the shooting and asked how the principal and the school community were holding up during these difficult days. The President told Principal Fetchik that he and the First Lady are keeping the entire Chardon High School Community in their thoughts and prayers.

Now why don't all of you ignorant right wingers take a flying leap.

According to the White House, Obama spoke with the Governors of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, States most affected, to offer federal aid and conveyed his condolences to the families of all the victims.

Also, President Obama called Andy Fetchik, Principal of Chardon High School....to express his condolences following the shooting that took place Monday morning. The President told Principal Fetchik that he was heartbroken by the shooting and asked how the principal and the school community were holding up during these difficult days. The President told Principal Fetchik that he and the First Lady are keeping the entire Chardon High School Community in their thoughts and prayers.

Now why don't all of you ignorant right wingers take a flying leap.

Link?

Forum List

Back