Double Standards in the Media??? Never.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Gem, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Either NBC was deliberately trying to make a story look as painful and tramatic as possible, by placing their reporter in a canor, rather than having her stand in ankle-deep water, or it was an honest decision, made for the reasons given.

I'll allow you to make up your own minds.

But what struck me about this article was this: If it indeed was, what I suspect it to be...NBC via their reporter trying to make a situation look as desperate as possible to increase ratings and prestige, then obviously the media has learned NOTHING from the huge amounts of media bullshit that came out during the Katrina aftermath...and...

Where is the media cry for honesty and integrity and treating the REAL flood victims with the respect and honesty they deserve? The "coached" military presentation was leading, front-page news...so why is this being treated as little more than a blooper.

I am not implying that Bush's people feeding the troops the "right" answers is on the same level as this...but this event certainly smacks of a certain problem in the media...why do so many people NOT in the media seem to want to ignore it?

2. sagegirl

sagegirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Dont expect fair or accurate reporting from the media.......NBC is owned by General Electric.....GE designed manufactured or supplied parts or maintenance for nearly every major weapon system used by the US during the Gulf War Including the Patriot and Tomahawk Cruise missiles, the Stealth bomber, the B-52 bomber, the AWACS plane, and the NAVSTAR spy satellite system.....when NBC reporters and correspondents praised the performance of US weapons, they were in fact serving the interests of GE, the corporation that pays their salaries. The list of media owners that are vested in the Bush/Cheney administration is long.... and well rooted.... for instance MediaNewsGroup owner, William Dean Singleton, owner of Star news, Denver Post, LA Daily News and more is known as one of the US's conservative media moguls. The media at large had ignored the Downing Street Memo until pressure from media watchdog organizations forced them to address it. So much for the liberal press. My suggestion is to get your information from a variety of sources, and dont be afraid of listening to opposing views because the more info you have the more accurately you can compare stories with what actually proves to be true.

3. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    So you think the MSM has a conservative bias?

4. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Wouldn't want any "Jesus" men walking on water now, would we?

That is a great blooper! :laugh:

5. sagegirl

sagegirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Its not really the bias that I am worried about....like I said get your information from a variety of sources.....but when the bias is self serving or when the bias becomes censorship and lack of content, then we do have problems.