WTF...Repub vs Demo vs..........!

A

archangel

I truly believe the world is going to hell...fast in a hand basket...they are all in the same bed...we the people are getting the short end of the stick!Gas prices,housing prices,utility prices,food prices,insurance prices... on and on... are rising faster than most can keep up with..and our country is going bankrupt with social services to our own... as well as the worlds... not to mention fighting world wars... or is that police actions? I am really sick of it...both parties are full of it...I say kiss my un-royal ass...I fought...I served...I worked hard... and this is what I get...CHAOS!

Time for New Party to emerge from the ashes...what say you? or are you content with the way it is...?

it is hardly chaos. Gas is still available, no shortages, 3$ a gallon does
not make you go broke.

The War in Iraq is hardly a world war. The opponents of the US are
so weak they can only retaliate with terrorism,

The US still has one of the highest standards of living in the world.
Only small countries like Switzerland and Luxembourg exceeds it.

The US is far from going bankrupt, but a better leadership is needed
to reign in the deficit spending. The population has to be asked
the question either tax raise and benefit cuts.

I am not sure if anybody wants to kiss your ass but I might kick it.
I served too, so did every male in my family since 1870. Big deal.

Stop your whining , get up and get to work or I keep kicking you
while you are down.

nosarcasm said:
it is hardly chaos. Gas is still available, no shortages, 3$ a gallon does
not make you go broke.

The War in Iraq is hardly a world war. The opponents of the US are
so weak they can only retaliate with terrorism,

The US still has one of the highest standards of living in the world.
Only small countries like Switzerland and Luxembourg exceeds it.

The US is far from going bankrupt, but a better leadership is needed
to reign in the deficit spending. The population has to be asked
the question either tax raise and benefit cuts.

I am not sure if anybody wants to kiss your ass but I might kick it.
I served too, so did every male in my family since 1870. Big deal.

Stop your whining , get up and get to work or I keep kicking you
while you are down.

every family member since 1870..nice try super sloof! excuse me but my family has been in the good old USA since 1840 and some even say before...we did have Spanish land grants in Calif during this time period...and all have fought in US wars too...so what is your point except stating you will kick my butt...NOT...but thats okay I see where you are comming from potatoe head! If you really grew up in the US which I seriousy doubt...you would not have made such a silly threat..of which you cannot succeed in...LOL! :2guns:

I called you out on your whining, and as my avatar and the date of
1870 indicates I am a German who lives in Idaho. Try
education it beats ignorance.

I picked some of your point apart, you didn;t refute my line of thinking.
e.g. gas prices, standard of living.

The ass kissing was your idea, I gave you the ass kicking.

Now cry yourself back to sanity before I put you on the Non Atkins Potato
diet.

If your few braincells now indicate that I am sporting for a fight. Bingo!
You got at least that right.

nosarcasm said:
I called you out on your whining, and as my avatar and the date of
1870 indicates I am a German who lives in Idaho. Try
education it beats ignorance.

I picked some of your point apart, you didn;t refute my line of thinking.
e.g. gas prices, standard of living.

The ass kissing was your idea, I gave you the ass kicking.

Now cry yourself back to sanity before I put you on the Non Atkins Potato
diet.

If your few braincells now indicate that I am sporting for a fight. Bingo!
You got at least that right.

just as I thought...a recent immigrant with a false ego and attitude...sorry dude of the potatoe patch...my family includes a history and ethnic background of German and Spanish and Italian so on and so on...been here quite some time...you come in here and rant how you are so superior and so intelligent...sorry I picked up on your Deutch in your attempt at the English(American) dialict...I have many friends from the "Fatherland" and Czechoslovakia...I am quite aware of the dialict and use of American words...are you related to George Soros? or just a wannabee? Hey this is fun now...a real opponent to play with...just kidding..I just gave a opinion and you attacked on silly issues of $3.00 gas being okay...give it a rest...da Feurer!

I'm Italian, Costa Rican and French (just a little bit), the only people I know who fought a war in my family is my Grandfather who was a Lt. Col. in Korea and my Great Grandfather who was a soldier and then was later decapitated during the French Revolution.

So that's 1 person in my family that has fought an American war, but does that make me any better then you guys? No. Does your families living here since the 1800's make you better then me? No. Stop the crap about "My family was in this war" and vice versa. We're all Americans and that's what matters, the past is the past, it doesn't make us who we are.

Arch, I kind of agree with you. We aren't in the best times of America and I'm sure in the history books my grand children will read it'll say that this was a low-time for America, another "Vietnam" catastrophe. I'm not saying it's that, just saying that's most likely what the history books will say unless we have some major turn around and it all turns out good and France says they love America.
The gas prices are ridiculous, we have back ups, we can use some of them to lower the prices a bit. Sarcasm, you're right too, it won't make us go broke, but it does make our pockets lighter.

Point is, America needs some revision, just the slightest though. We aren't going to hell in a handbasket or even on the back of a turtle. We're just in a hard time right now as we are everytime we're in a war. Taxes go up, the supply and demand goes up and our anxiety and anger go up because we're all a bunch of lazy bastards who can't just realize that we can walk the mile to the 7-11 to get our favorite snack so we can just get heavier and be more lazy.

Once again, we're Americans, doesn't matter where we come from, we're still Americans.
Gas prices are up, we gotta deal with it, hopefully they'll go down.
America is NOT going under, we're just having hard times.
And, we're in a war, every country is in hard times when in a war, we just take more notice to it now because it's presented everywhere over the media, so it's more in our lives then it ever has been making it the main subject of every conversation we have, turning it into somewhat of an "annoyance" to our daily lives.

It'll be over soon enough hopefully and trust me, America ain't going no where.

USMCDevilDog said:
I'm Italian, Costa Rican and French (just a little bit), the only people I know who fought a war in my family is my Grandfather who was a Lt. Col. in Korea and my Great Grandfather who was a soldier and then was later decapitated during the French Revolution.

So that's 1 person in my family that has fought an American war, but does that make me any better then you guys? No. Does your families living here since the 1800's make you better then me? No. Stop the crap about "My family was in this war" and vice versa. We're all Americans and that's what matters, the past is the past, it doesn't make us who we are.

Arch, I kind of agree with you. We aren't in the best times of America and I'm sure in the history books my grand children will read it'll say that this was a low-time for America, another "Vietnam" catastrophe. I'm not saying it's that, just saying that's most likely what the history books will say unless we have some major turn around and it all turns out good and France says they love America.
The gas prices are ridiculous, we have back ups, we can use some of them to lower the prices a bit. Sarcasm, you're right too, it won't make us go broke, but it does make our pockets lighter.

Point is, America needs some revision, just the slightest though. We aren't going to hell in a handbasket or even on the back of a turtle. We're just in a hard time right now as we are everytime we're in a war. Taxes go up, the supply and demand goes up and our anxiety and anger go up because we're all a bunch of lazy bastards who can't just realize that we can walk the mile to the 7-11 to get our favorite snack so we can just get heavier and be more lazy.

Once again, we're Americans, doesn't matter where we come from, we're still Americans.
Gas prices are up, we gotta deal with it, hopefully they'll go down.
America is NOT going under, we're just having hard times.
And, we're in a war, every country is in hard times when in a war, we just take more notice to it now because it's presented everywhere over the media, so it's more in our lives then it ever has been making it the main subject of every conversation we have, turning it into somewhat of an "annoyance" to our daily lives.

It'll be over soon enough hopefully and trust me, America ain't going no where.

thats true...however those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat the same mistakes...ie:your Great Grandfather...received the guillotine... I assume in the French Revolution...was he part of the elite who said "let them eat cake" or the opposition who opposed this statement?You were not clear as to which side he was on!

My family was Aristrocrats, pretty much the bad guys. Before that we were Judges and so on, all those rich people. If I didn't have a brother I'd be a Viscount, the rank between an Earl and a Baron. My Great Grandad was beheaded for who knows what reason, but he was.

I have some interesting past in my family, on my grandmothers side, her grandfather was a Sicilian ship Captain. He was asked to take guns from Sicily to Italy by the Mob, but he refused so, of course, they killed him. That family still lives in New York but we don't talk to them much, don't really know them.

As for, "if you don't know your history you'll repeat the same mistakes", I agree 100%, I was just saying, our past isn't what makes in the sense that just because our families are from other countries doesn't make us not American. We live here and we support this country, if you don't, get the hell out.

Said1 said:
Your great grandfather, eh?

I picked up on that too...he said his Grandfather was a Col. in the Korean war...so his Great Grandfather was more along the lines of WWI..that would have been my guess!...Maybe he meant his Great-Great-Great Grandfather...Dunno!

Said1 said:
Your great grandfather, eh?

Well I never could say that my 'forefathers' came over on the Mayflower, far from it. All my grandparents were sent by their families in early teens out of Ireland to survive and allow those left behind to have something to eat. My mom's side was poor before the famine, starving when it hit. Funny thing though, they still managed to keep the kids that would go to school, in school. My dad's side were better off, til the famine hit.

His parents came first-they had the money to send them off. I've written this before but it's really part of many American's experience; my grandfather at 16 got off the boat from Ireland, was met by a politico-probably a committeman, and sent onto a boat for Cuba, being sworn in as an American citizen first. (benefit of Irish, the English language and traditions of law). Before the Spanish American War ended he was promoted to engineer of fire something or other. With that, when he returned he got a good job with Illinois Central. He died when my dad was 3, the youngest of 5 kids.

My mom's mom, she was sent on a boat for US at the age of 12. Turned 13 on the way over. Was given a job on Beacon Hill tutoring English. I don't know how, but she had completed her 9th year of schooling. Eventually she moved onto Chicago, had 4 kids.

I don't know much about my paternal grandmother, other than she was HS grad and hated the US as a place to live, seems she never did adjust. Was very grumpy with her kids and always thought Ireland was better. When my grandfather died, their was enough money for the family to move out of Chicago, buy a house in upper class suburb.

My maternal grandfather was a great salesman, but very deaf, :rolleyes: and he turned towards drink. Luckily for my mom, her mom was very enterprising and did what was needed to get through the depression. All of the kids graduated from high school.

While my dad lost his father very young, his one brother who became a priest, kept on him for school. Then WWII broke out and away he went. When he returned from the war, wounded pretty severely at Omaha Beach, he was able to get a job and go to night school. A couple years later, my parents married.

So here you have 2 Irish-Catholic, children of immigrants, living in a upper class suburb, which was predominately German Lutheran. My brother and I were born in late 1950's. At the time, my parents were Democrats, as most were coming out of Chicago. Big time JFK supporters, for obvious reasons. My mom's family was more political, probably from having been poorer. My mom's cousin was private secretary to the first Mayor Daley. ;) One of my uncles was Captain on CPD, another on CFD-we're very Irish!

Yet, my mom became more and more disillusioned with the democratic party-started even in Chicago, before she got married, when offered $10 to vote for some dem. She took the money and voted Republican for the first time. Now I know she voted for JFK, she worked on his campaign. But she voted against Johnson, partially for the war, partially for tax increases.

Yet, she also worked for Civil Rights. She was more devestated by the assassination of MLK, than JFK. She truly thought at the time that the country was going to explode. Funny thing, she never feared nuclear holocaust, said the Soviets were too much like us, they wanted to live.

Here 'journeys' were also mine, with normal teen rebellion woven in. She was majorly for Nixon, I, (understatement), was not. Watergate caused major problems in our house, with my father trying to institute a 'no politics' order, to no avail.

In the 1980's my mom and I were more simpatico. Having finished college, both my brother and I married and were more or less 'conservatives.' My mom was moreso. My dad voted however we suggested, being much more interested in sports and finances.

Somehow, I think this is not unusual for an 'American Family' though the political twists and turns may be quite different.

Actually, my great grandfather's side of the family came from similar circumstances as USMC's although it was my great-great-great grandfather who came to Canada before the turn of the century. They too were among the landowning class and had to give up their claims and title to come here. I often wonder how closely tied they were to the Catholic church considering there wasn't many options for colonists at that time......church, farming, trapping. The church ruled and there wasn't much chance of holding any other type of position unless appointed......which is unlikely. That might be why they wound up in Ottawa, since Ontario didn't practice private law - or whatever. :D

USMCDevilDog said:
[M]y Great Grandfather who was a soldier and then was later decapitated during the French Revolution.

Are you about 100 years old? If your Great Grandfather died in the last year of the French Revolution, 1799, and also conceived your Grandfather in the same year, your grandfather would have had have been 50+ when your dad was born and your dad 50+ when you were born. Oh and you would have about 100 years old. Are you sure about this story?

Read my latest post. And actually yes, my Dad was 50+ years old when I was born. But this is on my mothers side. Once again, it may have been earlier then Great, I'm sure it is from what you all are saying, I just remember my mother telling me the story, maybe I messed up.

my point was that the contributions of my ancestors do not matter
to my own status, to earn merit I have to prove myself.

It is thereby irrelevant if my family served in the army.
For Germany the great majority served in the army
to begin with, that makes it not a merit. It is a duty.

In war, the once fighting are as important as those producing goods
and services.

The Us prevailed in WW2 in my oppinion not by superior arms or
tactics but due to the superiority of the capitalistic system

It simply outproduced the Axis power. The workers at home had
were the key to the victory on the battlefield providing the tools
for the courages man and women fighting. One can't go without the
other.

Today the Us rules the battlefields thanks to a mix of very well trained
troops and superior equipment. 1+1=2

I think sometimes on the board people seem to forget that
the taxpayers are the one that made the military maschine great.

To sustain Americas greatness unity is required. The problem
are the pacifist that would give up Americas advantage for
the nice feeling of moral superiority.

In order to overcome that I feel that the common sense should
arrive in the middle of the ideoligies to enforce a pragmatic realist
view of politics.

Forum List

Back