DOUBLE OUCH! How Barack Obama Became Mr. Unpopular

If you think his popularity has only dropped with conservaitves, then you are not paying attention.

OIr you are paying attention to the worng material.

Liberals who are giving him a thumbs down on approval right now will be voting for him in 2012.

Obama is still doing better than both Reagan and Clinton at this point in their presidencies.
Considering the possible opponents, if the presidential election were this year, he would win.

In 2012, he's going have a very impressive score card. No wonder the Right hates him so.
He promised universal healthcare - Done
He promised to stop the financial downturn -Done
He promised to bring Israel and the Palestinians to bargaining table -Done
He promised to improve improve America's image abroad -Done
He promised to bring combat troops home from Iraq - Done
He promised to reform the financial system - Done
He promised to raise taxes - In progress
He promised Immigration Reform - In progress
He promised an Energy bill - In progress
He promised deficit reduction. - This is going happen with an improving economy , higher taxes, and the big ticket legislation out of the way.

I didn't think it was possible to fit so much bullshit in one post.
But now I know it is possible.

I have to ask though...you prefer Cherry or Grape?

If you think his popularity has only dropped with conservaitves, then you are not paying attention.

Liberals who are giving him a thumbs down on approval right now will be voting for him in 2012.

Obama is still doing better than both Reagan and Clinton at this point in their presidencies.
Considering the possible opponents, if the presidential election were this year, he would win.

In 2012, he's going have a very impressive score card. No wonder the Right hates him so.
He promised deficit reduction. - This is going happen with an improving economy , higher taxes, and the big ticket legislation out of the way.

If you hadn't noticed people aren't HAPPY with him keeping his promises.

They don't like the promises now that they see the results.

But keep up your delusions, okay?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How Barack Obama Became Mr. Unpopular

The Barack Obama that most Hoosiers remember voting for can still be found on YouTube. He stands before a cheering Elkhart high school gymnasium in August 2008, tireless, aspirational, promising a new America of jobs and hope. "We can choose another future," says the newcomer with the funny name. "So I ask you to join me."

Today that view of Obama is harder to find in Indiana. A couple of weeks back and a dozen miles west of Elkhart, hundreds gathered in another school gym - except this time it was for a job fair. With the local unemployment rate above 12% and rising again this summer, about a third of the employer display tables stood empty. Julie Griffin, who voted for Obama in '08, sat down at the room's edge, well dressed and discouraged. After 23 years as a payroll administrator at a local RV plant, she got laid off 18 months ago. "Really, what has he been doing?" she said when I asked about Obama's efforts to help people like her. "I guess I don't know what he is doing." (See TIME's 2008 Person of the Year: Barack Obama.)

This shift in perception - from Obama as political savior to Obama as creature of Washington - can be seen elsewhere. When Obama arrived in office in January '09, his Gallup approval rating stood at 68%, a high for a newly elected leader not seen since John Kennedy in 1961. Today Obama's job approval has been hovering in the mid-40s, which means that at least 1 in 4 Americans has changed his or her mind. The plunge has been particularly dramatic among independents, whites and those under age 30. With midterm elections just nine weeks off, instead of the generational transformation some Democrats predicted after 2008, the President's party teeters on the brink of a broad setback in November, including the possible loss of both houses of Congress. By a 10-point margin, people say they will vote for Republicans over Democrats in Congress, the largest such gap ever recorded by Gallup. (See pictures of Barack Obama behind the scenes on Inauguration Day.)

How Barack Obama Became Mr. Unpopular - Yahoo! News

This is from Time Magazine! :eek: Obama Unpopular Ahead of Midterms: Will the GOP Benefit? - TIME

But let's face it. Obama is not Mr. Wonderful anymore and the messiah liberals were hoping was going to take them to their socialst promised land.
Then....I guess this'd be considered:

DOUBLE-BUBBLE(HEAD) OUCH! How Sister Sarah Became CRAZY Sarah!!!

palinlooneytunes1.jpg

"During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moodshttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/02/vanity-fairs-sarah-palin-_n_703412.html, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.”

How Barack Obama Became Mr. Unpopular

The Barack Obama that most Hoosiers remember voting for can still be found on YouTube. He stands before a cheering Elkhart high school gymnasium in August 2008, tireless, aspirational, promising a new America of jobs and hope. "We can choose another future," says the newcomer with the funny name. "So I ask you to join me."

Today that view of Obama is harder to find in Indiana. A couple of weeks back and a dozen miles west of Elkhart, hundreds gathered in another school gym - except this time it was for a job fair. With the local unemployment rate above 12% and rising again this summer, about a third of the employer display tables stood empty. Julie Griffin, who voted for Obama in '08, sat down at the room's edge, well dressed and discouraged. After 23 years as a payroll administrator at a local RV plant, she got laid off 18 months ago. "Really, what has he been doing?" she said when I asked about Obama's efforts to help people like her. "I guess I don't know what he is doing." (See TIME's 2008 Person of the Year: Barack Obama.)

This shift in perception - from Obama as political savior to Obama as creature of Washington - can be seen elsewhere. When Obama arrived in office in January '09, his Gallup approval rating stood at 68%, a high for a newly elected leader not seen since John Kennedy in 1961. Today Obama's job approval has been hovering in the mid-40s, which means that at least 1 in 4 Americans has changed his or her mind. The plunge has been particularly dramatic among independents, whites and those under age 30. With midterm elections just nine weeks off, instead of the generational transformation some Democrats predicted after 2008, the President's party teeters on the brink of a broad setback in November, including the possible loss of both houses of Congress. By a 10-point margin, people say they will vote for Republicans over Democrats in Congress, the largest such gap ever recorded by Gallup. (See pictures of Barack Obama behind the scenes on Inauguration Day.)

How Barack Obama Became Mr. Unpopular - Yahoo! News

This is from Time Magazine! :eek: Obama Unpopular Ahead of Midterms: Will the GOP Benefit? - TIME

But let's face it. Obama is not Mr. Wonderful anymore and the messiah liberals were hoping was going to take them to their socialst promised land.
Then....I guess this'd be considered:​

DOUBLE-BUBBLE(HEAD) OUCH! How Sister Sarah Became CRAZY Sarah!!!

palinlooneytunes1.jpg

"During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moods, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.”

Liberals will tell you who they fear.

They are terrified of Palin!

Right now the Rs could nominate Bush and beat him.

Is this going to be another delusional list of The One's accomplishments.

I so hate it when I am right.

If Universal Health Care means a net gain of 1 million people covered, you can chalk this one up as a win.

When? Last time I looked the economy was loosing jobs, and is expected to loose more.

Excuse me? They have been talking for years, so this is not an accomplishment, even if he promised it. I would like some type of proof that he promised anything like this before I sneer at him over it though, so please provide a link.

I guess that depends on who you talk to. Just because Americans think the world likes us does not mean the world does. Last time I looked around Chavez still thinks we suck, and Iran still hates us.I would be willing to give him credit for this though, in a few years, because all we see right now is how much the world likes Obama.

His actual promise was to bring all US troops home within a year, but I am sure he appreciates you moving the goal post for him.

:confused:

Are you talking about the law that no one even understands how it will work, or what it will do?

Now I see the problem, you never pay attention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/02/AR2010090204235.html

Look at that, he is considering cutting taxes If you want to call that as a tax raise, feel free.

:rofl:

Obama: Immigration Reform Bill Could Be Delayed

If by In Progress you mean "We hope to push it out after we loose the election in November I guess you have me here.

:confused::eusa_liar:

This one depends on everything else I have already pointed out is not happening.

We elected a young inexperienced community organizer to the most powerful and important position in America (indeed the world) - and we expected good things?

Hey, if you're gonna elect a moron for eight years, who did you expect to elect next, Einstein?

That being said, I have proven over and over again that Obama has been far more than a community organiser, although it is fun to see the usual peanut gallery thanking you for such an asinine post...

We elected a young inexperienced community organizer to the most powerful and important position in America (indeed the world) - and we expected good things?

Hey, if you're gonna elect a moron for eight years, who did you expect to elect next, Einstein?

That being said, I have proven over and over again that Obama has been far more than a community organiser, although it is fun to see the usual peanut gallery thanking you for such an asinine post...

The only morons are the ones that think with Bush's unemployment numbers vs. Obama's that they can argue, Obama is better.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow, I need to know what your smoking and if its covered under universal healthcare. My wildly successful company has decided to offer medical after landing a contract to build a statue to Isreali/Palestinian peace that France is paying for because America has become so likeable. I must admit to a few problems with my home being relocated to Afghanistan where my brother got resigned from Iraq, but we call it home now. We did manage to get FreddieMac to finance a house here though. Just in time too as taxes in the US are going up and Mexican amnesty wiped out most the jobs back in the old hometown. Gas is much cheaper here too compared to the new prices on energy in the US. Glad we don't have to pay for all the debt.

Your friend,
Barrack

Last edited:
President Obama: Mr. Unpopular

Time Magazine declares Obama "Mr. Unpopular", and notes American voters are feeling a sense of betrayal.

...Perhaps most vexing to so many voters who once supported Obama for president is Obama’s heavy handed contradictory bait-and-switch politics regarding his campaigning as a moderate, and his presidential role as a Big Government liberal. Obama promised to lessen partisan politics. He has greatly increased them. Obama promised to engage in fiscal responsibility. He has overseen the single greatest increase in deficit spending since WWII. Obama had declared that government was broken and in need of repair. He has since given government the responsibility to oversee health care, the auto industry, and Wall Street.

FULL ARTICLE HERE:

President Obama: Mr. Unpopular | Newsflavor

People seemed to have forgotten...

His original mantra was "change the way we do things in Washington"

Sure, some of his most loyal supporters claim that it was "Change America"....but he did no say that until Novemeber 2008..

It was always "change the way we do things in Washington"

That is what helped him beat Hillary and that is what helped him beat McCain.

Well, that being said...

What has "CHANGED" in the way things are done in Washington?

We still have lobbeyists in the WH
We still have back room deals
We still have bilions used to bribe votes on legislation
We still hae partisanship...worse than I can ever rememeber
We still have spending exceeding revenue
We still have special interest groups reaping the rewards of Washington connections
We still have press secretaries not answering questions

What propelled him to the top was nothing but a bunch of crap and the people are seeing it...except for the hard core Obama supporters. They are blind to all mis-steps of his.

The change is the DOJ is now bringing lawsuits against American Law Enforcement Officers for enforcing federal laws and instead supporting the Mexican government.

More changes include a lack of support for Israel but instead millions of tax dollars are being spent on refurbishing mosques in Middle Eastern countries, changing NASA from a space program to a Muslim outreach program, spending thousands more to send the Ground Zero mosque Imam to reach out to Muslims abroad and sell his lousy book.

I see the laughing liar is shilling around here again this afternoon.

The president is unpopular with you Neocons for sure but who really cares about that. He hasn't even been campaigning yet ya lunkhead.

Unfortunately the country is not!

In September of 1982 the unemployment rate was 10.1% and the economy was in recession.

That would make you factually incorrect, at least vs. Reagan.

Oh, and btw, it was this month in 1982 that Reagan signed the biggest tax increase in history.

I guess you forgot what happened with Reagan Democrats in 1980.

Reagan Democrats were not liberal Democrats, idiot.

In September of 1982 the unemployment rate was 10.1% and the economy was in recession.

That would make you factually incorrect, at least vs. Reagan.

Oh, and btw, it was this month in 1982 that Reagan signed the biggest tax increase in history.

Didn't get the memo.....they announced last year that they were changing the way the calculate unemployment now. I think this was done to keep the rate below 10 percent.

The real unemployment rate is somewhere around 20 percent.

Please provide a link that Reagan signed the biggest tax increase in history....to date. Not biggest increase in 1982.

You should also add a big dose of "people were so sick of Bush and the Reps" to your list.
Therein lies the tale.

George W. Bush, with his cowboy boots, white Stetson and stereotypical ignorant and contemptuous elitist countenance, came to personify the very worst aspect of White America. I believe that majority of Americans who voted for Obama were exercising their personal resentment of and dislike for Bush rather than any political considerations.

Bush enabled a significant percentage of White America to see something that Black America has been looking at throughout their history and they didn't like it. But while Obama's comparatively likeable and intelligent persona is a welcome change from the arrogant, inarticulate imitation cowboy who embarrassed us for eight years, too bad it turns out that Obama is mostly talk and apparently belongs to the same club as the Mister Charlie who made his presidency possible.

As my profane Dutch granny used to say, "They all shit in and eat out of the same pot."

r331987_1498356.jpg

Presidents are selected to maintain the status quo. That's really all this is, and that is what the Wall Street puppet is doing, simply continuing the status quo. The point of fact is that you were sold an illusion.

I guess you forgot what happened with Reagan Democrats in 1980.

Reagan Democrats were not liberal Democrats, idiot.

Who's the idiot, if you think anything has changed??????

That's the point. MOST OF THE COUNTRY ISN'T LIBERAL.

They voted for Obama on the idea THAT HE PROMISED TO CUT TAXES ON PEOPLE MAKING LESS THAN 250K, and being POST PARTISAN.

He hasn't delivered on eithers of those ideas, and people are FED UP.

DUH!

You should also add a big dose of "people were so sick of Bush and the Reps" to your list.
Therein lies the tale.

George W. Bush, with his cowboy boots, white Stetson and stereotypical ignorant and contemptuous elitist countenance, came to personify the very worst aspect of White America. I believe that majority of Americans who voted for Obama were exercising their personal resentment of and dislike for Bush rather than any political considerations.

Bush enabled a significant percentage of White America to see something that Black America has been looking at throughout their history and they didn't like it. But while Obama's comparatively likeable and intelligent persona is a welcome change from the arrogant, inarticulate imitation cowboy who embarrassed us for eight years, too bad it turns out that Obama is mostly talk and apparently belongs to the same club as the Mister Charlie who made his presidency possible.

As my profane Dutch granny used to say, "They all shit in and eat out of the same pot."

r331987_1498356.jpg

I don't remember seeing Bush constantly wearing cowboy boots and a white Stetson and even if he did I don't see how that makes him the piece of shit you claim he is. Personally even mentioning it makes you out to be a serious bigot. You mentioned Bush and white America in the same sentence. Should I constantly go around talking about Obama's nationality? Sorry...I won't stoop that low.

Seems whenever one hears criticism of Bush it's not just his policies but his personal attributes. But of course they have to lie about both to go negative about Bush the man. Sure there's room for criticism for his policies but one thing anyone has discovered that has met the man in person is that Bush isn't arrogant.

You say Obama is likable and intelligent in comparison to Bush. Problem is that's not based on reality. Obama is far from likable. His narcissistic personality tends to turn people off. He constantly claims credit for issues he has nothing to do with and refuses to take blame for those he does. Every time he opens his mouth about an important issue like the Ground Zero mosque he causes divisions and the resulting firestorm ends up causing more damage then if he had just STFU.

He worries about what his critics say about him instead of saying that what they say is just politics as Bush often did. He takes a slight personally...often bringing legal action against anyone or any state that pisses him off. See Arizona. His scorn for Fox News is legendary. He seems to exhibit qualities similar to Nixon and Carter. He can't handle criticism worth a damn.

By the way...there's no proof Obama is any more intelligent then Bush. He can't give a speech without a teleprompter and he has problems pronouncing words like corpsman. He can't remember how many states he's been to or what religion he belongs to.

Last edited:

Wow, I need to know what your smoking and if its covered under universal healthcare my wildly successful company has decided to offer after landing a contract to build a statue to Isreali/Palestinian peace that France is paying for because America has become so likeable. I must admit to a few problems with my home being relocated to Afghanistan whre my brother got resigned from Iraq, but we call it home now. We did manage to get FreddieMac to finance a house here though. Just in time too as taxes in teh US are going up and Mexican amnesty wiped out most the jobs back in the old hometown. Gas is much cheaper here too compared to the new prices on energy in the US. Glas we don't have to pay for all the debt.

Your friend,
Barrack

LMAO

Jesus Lib.

Almost pissed my pants on this one.

Good one.

Forum List

Back