Dose of Reality - Unemployment Rate

I saw this and I think it really deserves to be posted on a thread of its own for a dose or reality:
fv1156n89hzuc40zg.jpg

I mean what did Trump actually do other than reduce taxes for the rich to the point that now 60 supersize corporations pay ZERO TAXES, including Amazon, IBM, GE, and Netflix by ballooning Federal Debt to bankruptcy levels?

Unemployment went “down” during the Hussein regime because most of them stopped looking for work. That’s how the feds kept track of “unemployment”.
Yes many just gave up.

I wonder how many committed suicide. I worked with a guy who lost a big job and blew his brains out, in 2010.

Obama turned a recession into a Great Recession.

This is also false.

The GFC was the worst economic crisis since The Great Depression, and it did not happen under Obama.
Sure it did. W started it and BO made it worse.

Not only were both men lying corporatists, but also warmongering elitists.

GDP bottomed in the first quarter of 2009, when Obama was sworn in, and started rising after that.

Real Gross Domestic Product

I saw this and I think it really deserves to be posted on a thread of its own for a dose or reality:
fv1156n89hzuc40zg.jpg

I mean what did Trump actually do other than reduce taxes for the rich to the point that now 60 supersize corporations pay ZERO TAXES, including Amazon, IBM, GE, and Netflix by ballooning Federal Debt to bankruptcy levels?

Unemployment went “down” during the Hussein regime because most of them stopped looking for work. That’s how the feds kept track of “unemployment”.

False. Total employment was higher when Obama left office by about 12 million.

Civilian Employment Level

Obama turned a recession into a Great Recession.

This is also false.

The GFC was the worst economic crisis since The Great Depression, and it did not happen under Obama.
Sure it did. W started it and BO made it worse.

Not only were both men lying corporatists, but also warmongering elitists.

GDP bottomed in the first quarter of 2009, when Obama was sworn in, and started rising after that.

Real Gross Domestic Product
Yes albeit very slowly due in part, to BO’s dumb policies.

fv1156n89hzuc40zg.jpg

Once again, Trump is born on Third Base and brags about hitting a triple

My son was out of work during the shitstain obama years. He was out of work for two years. Under Trump's leadership he found a job in two weeks making $10,000 a year more than he was.

My step grandson found a better job and quit his old one. And he's a doper!

Thank God for Trump is a daily phrase in this house.

I just found out that Trump drastically reduced HB1 visas and is revoking those already granted.

Again. Thank God for Trump.
He can thank Obama

Your chart demonstrates that Obama took a bad thing and made it worse. Things got better after fracking, which Obama opposed.
Trump has continued the trend of improvement.

The top poster doesn't know much about charts apparently. If you look closely you'll see that the 2008 crash caused the spike in unemployment. So by the time Obama was done with his term the only thing he did was preside over the recovery back to original employment levels which werent all that good prior to the crash. In other words the bounce-back was going to happen reflexively with or without Obama's presence. The progress made in decreasing unemployment under Trump is above and beyond what the 2008 levels were.

It's now time for the top poster to Homer-slap himself in the head and say D'oh!

Jo

Last edited:
fv1156n89hzuc40zg.jpg

A dose of reality. Obama was here for 8 years, Trump's been here for 2. Obama's line will be longer than Trumps no matter what Trump does. Let's compare Obama's first 2 years to Trumps first 2.

That being said, Unemployment can come down when people quit looking for work and give up.

That's what happened under Obama.

Labor market is thriving far better under Trump than under Obama

Under Trump we have millions MORE jobs than we do people who could possibly fill them.

Last edited:
My son was out of work during the shitstain obama years. He was out of work for two years. Under Trump's leadership he found a job in two weeks making $10,000 a year more than he was.

My step grandson found a better job and quit his old one. And he's a doper!

Thank God for Trump is a daily phrase in this house.

I just found out that Trump drastically reduced HB1 visas and is revoking those already granted.

Again. Thank God for Trump.
He can thank Obama

I doubt it....

Jo

fv1156n89hzuc40zg.jpg

obama who ?
BAH!

if the op actually wanted to talk about economics he wouldnt be so useful idiot partisan
lefties cant help themselves
and if leftards had any brains
If they really wanna play with numbers and averages on unemployment if you do a 6 month average you come in with 150k ...thats pretty much above the 100,000 per mo average that economists like to see

derp da da derp derp
derp derp

TRUMPS THE ANIT CHRIST !!!!

That's a great point. It took Obama 8 years to get unemployment down to what it was in 2008 under Bush.

Trump is the one that shoved it much lower.

fv1156n89hzuc40zg.jpg

Dose of reality GE didn't pay taxes in 2016, in fact several large corporations didn't pay taxes in 2016.

So not seeing your point. Big corps have always gotten breaks, it's been that way for decades.

fv1156n89hzuc40zg.jpg

Dose of reality GE didn't pay taxes in 2016, in fact several large corporations didn't pay taxes in 2016.

So not seeing your point. Big corps have always gotten breaks, it's been that way for decades.

Yes but it only matters if Orange Man is in the white house.

When the fuck are you going to learn?

fv1156n89hzuc40zg.jpg

Eliminated Obama's anti bussiness EPA rules andd regulations, eliminated the threat of a raise in national minimum wage.

Do us a favor and run a lemonade stand and get some experience, will ya?

fv1156n89hzuc40zg.jpg

But their 150,000 full time employees here in the states did pay....and paid big.

Jo

After the recession/financial crisis ended the rates fall drastically for 6 years and continues on into the Trump administration that what the chart shows and it cannot be denied.

Obama did a stimulus package that cut taxes, extend unemployment benefits, and pump money into public works. He turned things around.

bailed out two automotive giants and made them build better vehicle which were more fuel efficient and competitive with foreign competition.

Affordable care dealt with rising health care cost and got a handle on it because health care cost was the number one cause for bankrupcy

Regulated the banks to prevent the same thing from happening again with the financial crisises

raised fuel efficiency standards

Trump just inherited it

That's right he bailed out the banks and then how bad they were, screamed they need to be looked into and then did absolutely nothing to them. He put a burden on the middle class and mandated healthcare a year before he mandated businesses to have it.

Obama is just another politician, just as Trump has turned out to be just another politician. Sad what we now think is a good job by a president.

Forum List

Back