Donald Trump: The least charitable billionaire in the world

Donald Trump: The Least Charitable Billionaire In The World

From 1990 through 2009, Trump has personally donated a total of just $3.7 million to his foundation, which was incorporated in 1987. In fact, the billionaire is not even the largest contributor to his own charitable organization.

http://newsexaminer.net/politics/donald-trump-the-least-charitable-billionaire/

You know that warren buffet and bill gates just use their foundations to hide their money...right? They get massive tax breaks on their investments within those foundations...right? And with all the jobs he creates, he is helping a lot of people who work to support themselves. And finally, a left wing hit piece on Trump...not surerising.
Yes...giving away your money does create tax breaks

I do appreciate all the maids and landscapers that Trump hires....since he claims to be such a huge supporter of our veterans ( unlike McCain) ...when is Trump going to start hiring some veterans?

How many veterans work in the White House for Obama, Comrade big guy? How many work for Bill Gates and Warren Buffett. Do you know? Do you even care?

I'm no Trump fan, but I don't start applying standards to him I don't apply to people I do support. Again, serious question. Why is this a standard to you for Republicans but not Democrats?

Why should I have to prove your point for you Kaz? Do your own work and research.

:lmao:

SWISH... That was painful to watch, ouch. OMG, you are stupid. I can't believe you didn't get that.

And thank you for proving my point. Your Trump bashing is not a standard for you. If Democrats don't follow your contrived standard you don't give a shit

You make the assertion, you offer the proof. Not difficult to understand and even simpler to do.

Actually the Progressives favorite billionaire Soros is the least charitable, and by a long mile. He made tens of millions of dollars by bankrupting Public Employee retirement accounts. He's a true POS and why the progressives like him I will never understand.

Is George Soros running for President? I didn't think so.
Where was all this criticism of pathetic donations when Obama was running?

Hypocrisy - it really is not good.

The point is Donald Trump claims to have donated $102 million dollars over five years and now doesn't want to provide any detail about that. Simple, no? Provide the date, time and amount and everyone goes away.
Everyone goes away? Lying ass. Everyone switches attack subjects you mean.

It's called a vetting process Gramps and ensures we get the best candidate.
His charitable contributions are irrelevant to his ability to govern.
If you guys were interested in vetting someone Hillary would have won in 08

Actually the Progressives favorite billionaire Soros is the least charitable, and by a long mile. He made tens of millions of dollars by bankrupting Public Employee retirement accounts. He's a true POS and why the progressives like him I will never understand.

The point is Donald Trump claims to have donated $102 million dollars over five years and now doesn't want to provide any detail about that. Simple, no? Provide the date, time and amount and everyone goes away.
Why should he, when your mulatto president refuses to release something as simple as his college transcripts..... Any thoughts on that?

He isn't running for president. You should have got the hob done before he was elected not pressing the point afterwards.

I don't know about you but I think enough liars have held the oval office. He needs to prove it.

You know that warren buffet and bill gates just use their foundations to hide their money...right? They get massive tax breaks on their investments within those foundations...right? And with all the jobs he creates, he is helping a lot of people who work to support themselves. And finally, a left wing hit piece on Trump...not surerising.

I do appreciate all the maids and landscapers that Trump hires....since he claims to be such a huge supporter of our veterans ( unlike McCain) ...when is Trump going to start hiring some veterans?

How many veterans work in the White House for Obama, Comrade big guy? How many work for Bill Gates and Warren Buffett. Do you know? Do you even care?

I'm no Trump fan, but I don't start applying standards to him I don't apply to people I do support. Again, serious question. Why is this a standard to you for Republicans but not Democrats?

Why should I have to prove your point for you Kaz? Do your own work and research.

SWISH... That was painful to watch, ouch. OMG, you are stupid. I can't believe you didn't get that.

And thank you for proving my point. Your Trump bashing is not a standard for you. If Democrats don't follow your contrived standard you don't give a shit

You make the assertion, you offer the proof. Not difficult to understand and even simpler to do.

Don't worry, Holmes. I realize you don't grasp the conversation. It's all good. Don't worry about it

I don't know about you but I think enough liars have held the oval office. He needs to prove it.

I agree. You like your health plan you can keep your health plan. I did not have sexual relations with that woman. One liar after another

Don't worry, Holmes. I realize you don't grasp the conversation. It's all good. Don't worry about it

I don't know what worthless point you're trying to make but if it's you making an assertion then you are bound to back it up.

I don't know what worthless point you're trying to make but if it's you making an assertion then you are bound to back it up.

You backed it up. I pointed out that you have a standard that you apply to Republicans which you do not apply to Democrats. You don't even care for Democrats. You confirmed it, there is nothing to prove

You backed it up. I pointed out that you have a standard that you apply to Republicans which you do not apply to Democrats. You don't even care for Democrats. You confirmed it, there is nothing to prove

I didn't invent equal standards for Democrats, that was your creation. Trump gave money, bragged about it, now he needs to back it up or he's a liar. If you have a problem with equal donations that's great but it doesn't have a thing to do with this thread.

Donald Trump is a two faced arsehole. The guy has been a Democrat longer than he's been a Republican.
so what Campbell ?? 'jebito' as an example is a rino , not much difference if any between a rino and a dem is there Campbell ??

Here's what Republican tax cuts for the wealthy have done to the common man:Oh. Boo-Fucking-Hoo. Note, every income group showed an increase in after-tax income.

growth-in-income-inequality1.jpg

3-27-08tax2-f2b.jpg

average_effective_federal_tax_rates.png

6a00d8341bf80c53ef01bb079dc9bc970d-pi

Last edited:
Trump only OWES what he is REQUIRED to give . Is there a LEGAL requirement to provide charity giving ?? I don't know the answer RWinger !!
Relates to character

So, since Romney and Cheney gave a lot, does that mean they have good character, and did you acknowledge that during the campaigns?

I never questioned Romneys philanthropy even though most goes to his church

What is the Trump legacy?

ANd you have to diminish it, even as you say you didn't.

LOL. Libs.

Your concern about character is interesting. The Clinton years must have been terrible for you. Did you vote for Dole?
Trump cheats more than Clinton ever did

Trump is on his third floozy trophy wife

Clinton lives off charitable donation given to their charity, and they live well. Liberals have no credibility saying anything about a Republican candidate. After all the things you overlooked on Obama, and now Hillary.

"Clinton lives off charitable donation given to their charity, and they live well."

WINGNUTTERS *shaking head*

First on CNN: Bill Clinton's $106 million speech circuit windfall
And about 10% of donations go to charity? The rest to the Clinton clan.

Glad you agree, they don't live off the charity, but give to it. Thanks
Yeah about 10% goes to charity, the rest goes into their mansions and their lavish lifestyle.

Lol
Trump only OWES what he is REQUIRED to give . Is there a LEGAL requirement to provide charity giving ?? I don't know the answer RWinger !!
Relates to character

So, since Romney and Cheney gave a lot, does that mean they have good character, and did you acknowledge that during the campaigns?

I never questioned Romneys philanthropy even though most goes to his church

What is the Trump legacy?

ANd you have to diminish it, even as you say you didn't.

LOL. Libs.

Your concern about character is interesting. The Clinton years must have been terrible for you. Did you vote for Dole?
Trump cheats more than Clinton ever did

Trump is on his third floozy trophy wife
Lol, you keep believing that. I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton's pecker hasn't rotted off yet.

From 1990 through 2009, Trump has personally donated a total of just $3.7 million to his foundation, which was incorporated in 1987. In fact, the billionaire is not even the largest contributor to his own charitable organization.

how do you know he doesn't?

but if you want to talk about charitible foundations, lets discuss the clinton foundation. We can start with Chelsea and her 600K salary.

do you really want to talk about charities and dems?

MORONIC right wingers and their LIES

SHOW US CHELSEA'S $600,000 INCOME FROM THE CHARITY BUBS

Annual Reports, Financials & Tax-Exempt Materials

how do you know he doesn't?

but if you want to talk about charitible foundations, lets discuss the clinton foundation. We can start with Chelsea and her 600K salary.

do you really want to talk about charities and dems?
'

sorry, typo. her 6 million salary.

LIAR
They live off that foundation, but we know when you finally realize that. You will make excuses for them. Got to tow that line!

This explains why gates and buffet hide their money in their foundations......

Articles: Private Foundations: Benefactors or Malefactors?

The endowment is donated free of gift tax, and is also removed from the reach of otherwise applicable death taxes. Moreover, the founder receives an immediate deduction from his income taxes for the gift, in effect getting 35% or more of it back from the taxpayers.

The foundation invariably takes this money and invests it. Although foundations do have to pay taxes on so-called "unrelated business income" (UBI), investment earnings are not considered UBI and thus are free from income tax. If, as some politicians argue, lower taxes on capital gains, interest, and dividends constitute a subsidy for the rich, this tax-free universe for foundations is Valhalla itself.

A more important consideration is that private foundations do not even support their own goals. The tax code has paradoxically encouraged giving for charity, but not spending on charity. The founder, as noted, receives an immediate tax deduction as if he had put money in the hands of the needy instead of an "endowment." But the empirical evidence is that the "gift" stays in the foundation's money bin forever and is never used to support foundation goals.

A 2007 IRS study -- which has not been updated -- tracked, over a ten-year period, the top 100 foundations by asset size. It calculated endowment growth and "distributions" as a percent of their respective endowments (the so-called "payout rate").

It comes as no surprise that all endowments grew. That is a natural consequence of making investments on which no income tax is paid.

The eye-popping statistic is the payout rate of each. With the exception of a mere handful of outliers, every one of the 100 foundations on the list paid almost exactly 5% out for expenses and actual charitable use. To underline a crucial point: 5% is not the average or median distribution by all 100 foundations; it is the individual payout rate of each one of them over a decade -- all while endowments were growing steadily and, presumably, the needs of their beneficiaries were increasing.

A sober observer can reach but one conclusion: over ten years, through hundreds of iterations of decisions made by one hundred boards of trustees, private foundations unerringly chose self-perpetuation over the needs of their intended beneficiaries.

WEIRD, BUFFETT IS GIVING THE VAST MAJORITY OF HIS MONEY TO THE GATES FOUNDATION? WHAT BENIFIT FOR HIM THERE?

YOUR LINK:

"These activities are designed to "leverage" tax dollars in furtherance of their agendas. The names MacArthur, Pew, Kaiser, Koch, and Ford are the most familiar, but these "persuaders" number in the scores if not hundreds."

Articles: Private Foundations: Benefactors or Malefactors?

OF COURSE THEY LEFT OUT THE WALTONS (WALMART), SPENDING TENS OF MILLIONS TO END ESTATE (INHERITANCE) TAXES AND SPENDING HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS ON THEIR RIGHT WING AGENDA AS WELL AS THEIR MUSEUMS, LOL

Clinton lives off charitable donation given to their charity, and they live well. Liberals have no credibility saying anything about a Republican candidate. After all the things you overlooked on Obama, and now Hillary.

"Clinton lives off charitable donation given to their charity, and they live well."

Yeah about 10% goes to charity, the rest goes into their mansions and their lavish lifestyle.

ANOTHER low info right winger ALWAYS offering NOTHING but opinions. Weird how they manage to ONLY do that? Hmm
When you figure out I'm right, are you going to still support Clinton?

I didn't invent equal standards for Democrats, that was your creation. Trump gave money, bragged about it, now he needs to back it up or he's a liar. If you have a problem with equal donations that's great but it doesn't have a thing to do with this thread.

Strawman. My point is that this isn't a standard for you. You don't follow it, you don't apply it to Democrats. That means you don't actually care about it for Trump either, you're just attacking him cause

I'm amazed that it's as much as 10%. And of that, I'd bet most of it is taken up in overhead administrative cost of employees closely tied to both of them.

So the fuck what

And how much did he donate to charities besides his own foundation?

And how much has Hillary donated to her own foundation?

Forum List

Back