The gun grabbers get stuffed again

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
They keep passing stupid laws and keep getting stuffed :)

California Gun Waiting Period Laws Ruled Unconstitutional

Federal court decides 10-day waiting period laws violate Second Amendment rights

ROSEVILLE, CA (August 25, 2014) – California’s 10-day waiting period for gun purchases was ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge this morning in a significant victory for Second Amendment civil rights. The laws were challenged by California gun owners Jeffrey Silvester and Brandon Combs, as well as two gun rights groups, The Calguns Foundation and Second Amendment Foundation.

In the decision released this morning, Federal Eastern District of California Senior Judge Anthony W. Ishii, appointed to the bench by President Bill Clinton, found that “the 10-day waiting periods of Penal Code [sections 26815(a) and 27540(a)] violate the Second Amendment” as applied to members of certain classifications, like Silvester and Combs, and “burdens the Second Amendment rights of the Plaintiffs.”

“This is a great win for Second Amendment civil rights and common sense,” said Jeff Silvester, the named individual plaintiff. “I couldn’t be happier with how this case turned out.”

BREAKING: California's 10-day gun waiting period laws ruled unconstitutional

Anytime moonbats get beaten it's a cause to celebrate, but especially when they get beaten back on the gun issue.

giphy.gif

You know, abortion is a constitutional right under existing law, though it is an implied right. Gun ownership is an express constitutional right.

If public funding for poor people to get an abortion is necessary to ensure the legal right to an abortion, then why do we not apply the same rationale to the second amendment and require public funding for people who want to exercise their right to own a gun but are too poor to buy one? Most guns cost more than an abortion. The last time I checked (admittedly a while back) it was $300-$500 to get an abortion. 4th Gen Glocks are $500.00.

If you don't want to fund a "guns for the poor" program, then you should be for funding a "guns for militia" program for the government to purchase firearms to provide to state militias so they can provide them to militia members who are too poor to afford to buy their own firearms. Of course, the DC case held that the second amendment creates an individual right, so it seems to me that if the government does not provide a gun for someone who wants one but is too poor to afford one, then that person's constitutional rights are being infringed upon. Certainly with abortion that is the way the left looks at it.

They keep passing stupid laws and keep getting stuffed :)

California Gun Waiting Period Laws Ruled Unconstitutional

Federal court decides 10-day waiting period laws violate Second Amendment rights

ROSEVILLE, CA (August 25, 2014) – California’s 10-day waiting period for gun purchases was ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge this morning in a significant victory for Second Amendment civil rights. The laws were challenged by California gun owners Jeffrey Silvester and Brandon Combs, as well as two gun rights groups, The Calguns Foundation and Second Amendment Foundation.

In the decision released this morning, Federal Eastern District of California Senior Judge Anthony W. Ishii, appointed to the bench by President Bill Clinton, found that “the 10-day waiting periods of Penal Code [sections 26815(a) and 27540(a)] violate the Second Amendment” as applied to members of certain classifications, like Silvester and Combs, and “burdens the Second Amendment rights of the Plaintiffs.”

“This is a great win for Second Amendment civil rights and common sense,” said Jeff Silvester, the named individual plaintiff. “I couldn’t be happier with how this case turned out.”

BREAKING: California's 10-day gun waiting period laws ruled unconstitutional

It is more evidence that prayer works. This has been a matter of prayer for a while now. I see God is raising up a standard against the enemy that is attempting to come in like a flood on our land. To God be the Glory. God does answer prayer. Keep praying against Planned Parenthood and those politicians assisting them. I'm believing for God to avenge the blood of 50 million plus babies and see His answer with my own eyes. God does answer prayer.

Forum List

Back