Donald Trump says 70% of federal regulations could go

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
Donald Trump says 70% of federal regulations could go - Full story

"US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has said he could cut as many as 70% of federal US regulations if he is elected.

Mr Trump, who was speaking at an event in New Hampshire, blamed regulations for stifling business but said rules on safety and the environment could stay."

Thoughts? Do you think he will stick to his word? Is this a good or bad thing?

No president can do much without Congress, he would need Congress to help.

Since the far left is against him and close to half of the republicans, it is unlikely..

"US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has said he could cut as many as 70% of federal US regulations if he is elected.

Mr Trump, who was speaking at an event in New Hampshire, blamed regulations for stifling business but said rules on safety and the environment could stay."

Does Trump think he'd be the LEGISLATURE or something?

This is a great idea. But it doesn't matter if he sticks to his word, or not.

It's like Obama's endless claims, or Bush before him, or Clinton before him, and on and on.

We don't live in a monarchy. If we did, then it's possible he could stick to his word.

But since we don't, there is no way that Donald Trump, or any president, can "keep their word". They are not dictators. They can only push for what they want, and accomplish as much as they can.

I think Trump will push to deregulate. How much he'll be able to do that, I don't know. But I support that effort.

• Banned

This is a great idea. But it doesn't matter if he sticks to his word, or not.

It's like Obama's endless claims, or Bush before him, or Clinton before him, and on and on.

We don't live in a monarchy. If we did, then it's possible he could stick to his word.

But since we don't, there is no way that Donald Trump, or any president, can "keep their word". They are not dictators. They can only push for what they want, and accomplish as much as they can.

I think Trump will push to deregulate. How much he'll be able to do that, I don't know. But I support that effort.
yeah true we dont live in a monarchy

Trump does not have a clue about what our federal regulations are and what they do

Trump does not have a clue about what our federal regulations are and what they do

Now that, I can assure you he does know some of them. No matter what else you think about Trump, he's been in the highly regulated real estate area of the economy for decades.

Health care regulations, sure he may not know. But given how the complete idiots on your side said "We have to pass ObamaCare to find out what is in it!" You really don't have much ground to stand on.

Chunking stones from your glass house isn't very bright... not that the left was ever accused of being bright.

Now that, I can assure you he does know some of them. No matter what else you think about Trump, he's been in the highly regulated real estate area of the economy for decades.

Health care regulations, sure he may not know. But given how the complete idiots on your side said "We have to pass ObamaCare to find out what is in it!" You really don't have much ground to stand on.

Chunking stones from your glass house isn't very bright... not that the left was ever accused of being bright.

Oh, I'm sure Trump is aware of real estate regulations he would like to get rid of.....Environmental protections, building codes, labor laws, eminent domain protections

No president can do much without Congress, he would need Congress to help.

Since the far left is against him and close to half of the republicans, it is unlikely..

When it comes to certain regulations he can probably do quite a bit. A lot of the more egregious ones are extensions of rules and laws voted in by the legislature, which to me have always been a stretch of the separation of powers concept.

So Congress gives the executive branch the power to regulate X, and the executive branch comes up with 200 pages of blather to regulate X. Why would congress be needed to change that 200 pages to 20?

Oh, I'm sure Trump is aware of real estate regulations he would like to get rid of.....Environmental protections, building codes, labor laws, eminent domain protections

All of which fed into the 2008 crash. But I wager you never read "The Housing Boom and Bust", which detailed how that worked. Left-wingers never learn anything.

real talk

If only 100% of the federal government would go away.

State sycophants believe the only way to ensure worker safety, wage fairness, and environmental consciousness is through the government.

With enough money any government regulation can be overturned. I have seen it before, just like I have seen regulations used by corporations to knock out competition and raise the barriers of entry for startups.

Trump has always said lots of stupid things. Why would you expect anything different now?

State sycophants believe the only way to ensure worker safety, wage fairness, and environmental consciousness is through the government.

With enough money any government regulation can be overturned. I have seen it before, just like I have seen regulations used by corporations to knock out competition and raise the barriers of entry for startups.
Agreed. The US federal government is a racketeering operation the Mafia could only dream of. Big corps buy protection by buying regulators and politicians. They get special treatment through influencing legislation, such as Obamacare. Senior managers move from big corps to big government, and back again. Smaller corps get none of this, essentially eliminating competition.

The federal government does not work for or protect the American public. It screws the American public in numerous ways. If only we could dissolve it COMPLETELY.

90% of the regulations he would like to remove are necessary. Look what happened when bush deregulated.

Agreed. The US federal government is a racketeering operation the Mafia could only dream of. Big corps buy protection by buying regulators and politicians. They get special treatment through influencing legislation, such as Obamacare. Senior managers move from big corps to big government, and back again. Smaller corps get none of this, essentially eliminating competition.

The federal government does not work for or protect the American public. It screws the American public in numerous ways. If only we could dissolve it COMPLETELY.

Got it. Big corporations get too many giveaways, so you want to elect trump so he can cut their taxes and give them more.

Forum List

Back