Donald Trump says 70% of federal regulations could go

If only 100% of the federal government would go away.

State sycophants believe the only way to ensure worker safety, wage fairness, and environmental consciousness is through the government.

With enough money any government regulation can be overturned. I have seen it before, just like I have seen regulations used by corporations to knock out competition and raise the barriers of entry for startups.
Agreed. The US federal government is a racketeering operation the Mafia could only dream of. Big corps buy protection by buying regulators and politicians. They get special treatment through influencing legislation, such as Obamacare. Senior managers move from big corps to big government, and back again. Smaller corps get none of this, essentially eliminating competition.

The federal government does not work for or protect the American public. It screws the American public in numerous ways. If only we could dissolve it COMPLETELY.

Got it. Big corporations get too many giveaways, so you want to elect trump so he can cut their taxes and give them more.
You forgot to add that your girl Hillary is entirely OWNED by the big corps, to no one's surprise.

The federal government does not work for or protect the American public. It screws the American public in numerous ways. If only we could dissolve it COMPLETELY.

As long as you do not want to replace it.

Every state throughout history has been controlled by a ruling class, and no alternative form of government can prevent it from happening again. It is a matter of history.

Every state throughout history has been controlled by a ruling class, and no alternative form of government can prevent it from happening again. It is a matter of history.
True and this is why the elites love government and the people don't think there is any alternative. I much prefer anarchy to the shit we have today.

agreed

Donald Trump says 70% of federal regulations could go - Full story

"US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has said he could cut as many as 70% of federal US regulations if he is elected.

Mr Trump, who was speaking at an event in New Hampshire, blamed regulations for stifling business but said rules on safety and the environment could stay."

Thoughts? Do you think he will stick to his word? Is this a good or bad thing?
could be much higher

"US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has said he could cut as many as 70% of federal US regulations if he is elected.

Mr Trump, who was speaking at an event in New Hampshire, blamed regulations for stifling business but said rules on safety and the environment could stay."

yeah he will need congress

thats too much in my opinion

Based on what?

Based on what?
70% of regulations. Dont you think its too much. Regulations are needed to regulate activites and keep things in line. its like removing 70% of laws for citizens

Based on what?
70% of regulations. Dont you think its too much. Regulations are needed to regulate activites and keep things in line. its like removing 70% of laws for citizens

No. First off, you need to understand that the vast majority of regulations inherently benefit the large corporation, at the expense of the smaller companies and business.

They are a *benefit* to large corporations. Not because of some magical corruption, of back room deals, or some special lobby group or anything.

It's not because "the wealthy own the government".

None of that. Regulation by it's very nature... inherently.... benefits the wealthy.

How? Well regulations cost money to meet. Say I have a mega corp manufacturing plant, and you have a tiny startup manufacturing plant, and the government lays down some new regulations that cost a manufacturing company a Million dollars a year to meet.

I have a mega corp. I have billions. I can meet those regulations.

You, have a startup company, with a few hundred thousand at best. You are out of business. Which means that I have less competition (so I can raise my prices), and I have more customers (because those that went to you, now come to me).

So you, and your employees are all out of jobs, and I'm buying a new yacht.

You doubt that? Here's proof.

http://www.nam.org/Data-and-Reports...ions/Federal-Regulation-Executive-Summary.pdf

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 12.42.46 AM.png

Now you can read through it if you want some more details, but basically the cost per employee of just Federal Regulations, not state and local regulations.... is over $13,000 for large companies, and almost three times that for small manufacturers.

And the same basic concept is true of all business. This specific report focused on the cost to manufacturers, because this was the National Association of Manufacturers.

But they included all small business regulations as well. It's true everywhere.

Now there are two things you need to grasp from this. Clearly the small business is, as I just said, inherently hammered harder by regulations.

But also, all business, from the smallest to the largest, is paying their people less wages because of regulations. Even the largest manufacturers, are paying out $13,000+ per person, per year, in costs to meet Federal Regulations. That's money they can't spend creating new jobs, or paying higher wages.

If people knew how much money in wages they were NOT being paid, to meet Federal regulations, they would be screaming that 70% cut in regulations isn't high enough.

But it's hard for a democracy, where the rule of the ignorant runs the country, to understand these concepts.

Trump does not have a clue about what our federal regulations are and what they do

Now that, I can assure you he does know some of them. No matter what else you think about Trump, he's been in the highly regulated real estate area of the economy for decades.

Health care regulations, sure he may not know. But given how the complete idiots on your side said "We have to pass ObamaCare to find out what is in it!" You really don't have much ground to stand on.

Chunking stones from your glass house isn't very bright... not that the left was ever accused of being bright.

Oh, I'm sure Trump is aware of real estate regulations he would like to get rid of.....Environmental protections, building codes, labor laws, eminent domain protections

Sadly, americans by and large are clueless as to the labor, environmental, and property rights struggles history of this land mass. Regulations arose to constrain the feudalistic urges of concentrated power and wealth, but of course, concentrated power and wealth will always be reaching for more. The masses have been very well programmed to distrust govt, over which they at least have the pretense of the vote for representation, so they turn to concentrated corporate power for refuge and salvation, a framework within which they have no say at all. It is a form of human sacrifice.

He just picked a number. If you asked specifics he'd give you the standard reply when he doesnt know wtf he's talking about. He'll tell you to look at it. "Regulations? Look what their doing. They're a disaster. General displeasure noted. General issues. Declaration of better.

Trump does not have a clue about what our federal regulations are and what they do

Now that, I can assure you he does know some of them. No matter what else you think about Trump, he's been in the highly regulated real estate area of the economy for decades.

Health care regulations, sure he may not know. But given how the complete idiots on your side said "We have to pass ObamaCare to find out what is in it!" You really don't have much ground to stand on.

Chunking stones from your glass house isn't very bright... not that the left was ever accused of being bright.

Oh, I'm sure Trump is aware of real estate regulations he would like to get rid of.....Environmental protections, building codes, labor laws, eminent domain protections

Sadly, americans by and large are clueless as to the labor, environmental, and property rights struggles history of this land mass. Regulations arose to constrain the feudalistic urges of concentrated power and wealth, but of course, concentrated power and wealth will always be reaching for more. The masses have been very well programmed to distrust govt, over which they at least have the pretense of the vote for representation, so they turn to concentrated corporate power for refuge and salvation, a framework within which they have no say at all. It is a form of human sacrifice.

Well regardless of what you claim... the fact is regulations have done more to do exactly what you claim they were created to contain.

Regulations concentrate power and wealth in the hands of the few, because the many can't afford to meet those regulations, and thus are unable to compete with the few.

Sure the wealthy will always be reaching for more. If you could not profit from doing something... you wouldn't do it. Same with the rich. No rich person spends millions to invest in a project they know will lose money. You wouldn't either.

But what regulations do, is keep YOU and ME and the average citizen from being able to reach for more ourselves. Now only the wealthy can reach for more, because they are the only ones with the financial ability to meet those regulations. You and me.... we go broke, can't compete.

Regulations always benefit the wealthy, at the expense of the poor. Yeah, trying to prevent that may have been the argument for making those regulations, but this is the practical result regardless of intentions.

Well regardless of what you claim... the fact is regulations have done more to do exactly what you claim they were created to contain.

Regulations concentrate power and wealth in the hands of the few, because the many can't afford to meet those regulations, and thus are unable to compete with the few.

Sure the wealthy will always be reaching for more. If you could not profit from doing something... you wouldn't do it. Same with the rich. No rich person spends millions to invest in a project they know will lose money. You wouldn't either.

But what regulations do, is keep YOU and ME and the average citizen from being able to reach for more ourselves. Now only the wealthy can reach for more, because they are the only ones with the financial ability to meet those regulations. You and me.... we go broke, can't compete.

Regulations always benefit the wealthy, at the expense of the poor. Yeah, trying to prevent that may have been the argument for making those regulations, but this is the practical result regardless of intentions.

Yes, I've always understood the mythology the power structure wants me to buy into, and that's basically the argument you've restated here. I just don't see that your regulation has ever produced the end result you claim it, regulation, was intended to produce. Everything in american society always winds up benefiting the wealthy, at the expense of the poor. By design.

So you think our goal should be to see how poorly we can do things? Odd that the right is willing to give up clean air and water, but still insists that PP can't exist if the halls of their buildings aren't 12 feet wide.

Yes, I've always understood the mythology the power structure wants me to buy into, and that's basically the argument you've restated here. I just don't see that your regulation has ever produced the end result you claim it, regulation, was intended to produce. Everything in american society always winds up benefiting the wealthy, at the expense of the poor. By design.

Well it's not by design. It is simply inherent to how the system works. There is no other result from regulations. Regulations will always, whether they are designed to, or not, benefit the wealthy at the expense of the poor.

They always have, in this country, and every other, under our system, and every other system.

It simply is how regulations work.

So you think our goal should be to see how poorly we can do things? Odd that the right is willing to give up clean air and water, but still insists that PP can't exist if the halls of their buildings aren't 12 feet wide.

I'm simply saying what is true. What you conclude from the truth, is your deal.

But the truth, is the truth, whether you agree with it or not. Whether you support it or not.

If you support endless regulations, then you support harming the poor, for the benefit of the rich. That's how it is.

Last edited:
"Donald Trump says 70% of federal regulations could go"

Further proof that Trump has no business being president, he has nothing but contempt for sound, responsible governance, his position on the issues is reckless and irresponsible.

But the truth, is the truth, whether you agree with it or not. Whether you support is or not.

If you support endless regulations, then you support harming the poor, for the benefit of the rich. That's how it is.

I kinda like clean air and water, and before retirement, I was glad to have a safe place to work. Sad that you don't see those things as helping the poor.

But the truth, is the truth, whether you agree with it or not. Whether you support is or not.

I kinda like clean air and water, and before retirement, I was glad to have a safe place to work. Sad that you don't see those things as helping the poor.

Right, and every person wants to believe that regulations is what did that.

If you want to believe in myths, that's fine. But it's not the truth.

Before regulations existed, working conditions were improving. Before the EPA ever existed, pollution was decreasing.

The left-wing likes to pretend that regulations are the only reason we have clean water. This is entirely false.

The left-wing likes to pretend the only reason we have a safe place to work, is because of regulations. That is entirely false.

I can cite hundreds of examples. The very first big work place safety push, was in the rail road industry, when the rail companies started installing air brakes on cargo trains to reduce accidents and injuries. It wasn't because of government, or any regulations. It was business making that push, and it always has been.

It wasn't government that improved the safety standards on cars. It was car companies. If car companies had never created an air bag system, the government would never have required them to be installed.

Regulations only make it more costly for people to buy the products they need or want. They never make the products they buy better. The companies making the products do that.

Forum List

Back