CDZ Domestic Violence? A Religious Right?

Domestic violence is not supported by any sane religion. The idea that it is accepted is insanity. Groups that practice such are not practicing the teachings of God.

Over 100 honor killings occur each year. This are not approved by the same.

I'm going to pull down two comments from another thread and post it here. The comments WILL be complete and comment numbers and link to thread given.

"there is a difference between domestic violence that is cultural and domestic violence that is individual".

Okay now that's comment 164.

"it may not be done "in the name of allah"... but the Koran is clear... "if your wife shall disobey you, beat her for she is subservient." (then it tells them to stop beating her if she "obeys")"

That's comment number 165
This thread. Muslims are not staying silent in the wake of the Paris attacks | Page 17 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Okay now I see a couple of issues here.
1, Is domestic violence okay if done under a religious doctrine?
2, If our laws are equal is ANY domestic violence by ANY group okay?
3, Why should we accept/tolerate anything that is illegal by OUR laws?
4, Should not the guest accept the hosts laws?

If WE are expected to re-visit laws concerning the rights of women NOT to be beat then have we failed as a nation AND a people? How do you women feel about being beat until you obey? If that is not a GIANT step backwards for women's rights then I don't know what is.

Anybody care to sort this out?
The Abrahamic religions are founded on religiously commanded domestic violence. God told Abraham to kill his son, Isaac, as a sacrifice to Him. Abraham went ahead with the plan and was stopped at the last minute by a God who had either changed his mind or was only kidding. MORAL OF THE STORY: if God tells you to kill your kid, it's OK to do it; in fact, it's obligatory.

But not if your society doesn't have an established Church. When the fringe right tells us that the USA was founded as "a Christian nation" it means its OK to bump off family members if you've got the high sign from The Big Guy (or think you do). Got it?

Twist and turn the words to fit your stupidity..

Domestic violence is condemned in the Bible. The Golden Rule is the rule that Jesus told all to live by and the law he brought supersedes the Hebrew Laws. Don't let your hate and bigotry get in the way of the facts.
Matthew 5:17: Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish, but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one dot or one mark will pass from the law until all be fulfilled.

Thanks for pointing out my hate and bigotry. Do you really think your can go up against me with your born-again Sunday school hermeneutics?

It is better to hear the rebuke from a wise man than a man listen to the song of fools.
For like the crackling sound of thorns under a pot, so is the mocking laughter of fools. And this is also vanity. Eccl 7: 5-7

Fishlore, no one is being grump. You are wrong in the interpretation of the story, and you clearly do not get the narrative. Blame everyone else for your error, but your error remains a fact.
Just repeating your unsupported proclamation gives it no weight. Did El tell Abe to off his kid or didn't he? Did Abe set out to obey or didn't he? If El tells you to do something, even something outrageous, do you do it or do you tell Him to f*ck off? Your exegesis would be much appreciated.
Your unsupported interpretation means nothing.

If you dad told you to jump off the roof, you would do it?

Use 'exegesis' properly.

Follow the Zone rules, please.
You keep repeating the same old claptrap as if it meant something. Did God command Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac? (that is a a YES/NO question)

Did Abraham commence to obey? (that is a a YES/NO question)

Stop with the pretentious tap dancing and name calling and go read Genesis. Then perhaps we can talk.

Fishlore, in your simplistic and pretentious manner, you fail to argue competently scripture and its meaning. Your intended conclusion does not follow from the evidence.

Keep trying, for you will have the opportunity to learn.

I'm going to pull down two comments from another thread and post it here. The comments WILL be complete and comment numbers and link to thread given.

"there is a difference between domestic violence that is cultural and domestic violence that is individual".

"it may not be done "in the name of allah"... but the Koran is clear... "if your wife shall disobey you, beat her for she is subservient." (then it tells them to stop beating her if she "obeys")"

This thread. Muslims are not staying silent in the wake of the Paris attacks | Page 17 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

If WE are expected to re-visit laws concerning the rights of women NOT to be beat then have we failed as a nation AND a people? How do you women feel about being beat until you obey? If that is not a GIANT step backwards for women's rights then I don't know what is.

The Abrahamic religions are founded on religiously commanded domestic violence. God told Abraham to kill his son, Isaac, as a sacrifice to Him. Abraham went ahead with the plan and was stopped at the last minute by a God who had either changed his mind or was only kidding. MORAL OF THE STORY: if God tells you to kill your kid, it's OK to do it; in fact, it's obligatory.

But not if your society doesn't have an established Church. When the fringe right tells us that the USA was founded as "a Christian nation" it means its OK to bump off family members if you've got the high sign from The Big Guy (or think you do). Got it?

Domestic violence is condemned in the Bible. The Golden Rule is the rule that Jesus told all to live by and the law he brought supersedes the Hebrew Laws. Don't let your hate and bigotry get in the way of the facts.
Matthew 5:17: Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish, but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one dot or one mark will pass from the law until all be fulfilled.

Thanks for pointing out my hate and bigotry. Do you really think your can go up against me with your born-again Sunday school hermeneutics?

It is better to hear the rebuke from a wise man than a man listen to the song of fools.
For like the crackling sound of thorns under a pot, so is the mocking laughter of fools. And this is also vanity. Eccl 7: 5-7
You are still avoiding the topic and evading the question. Is domestic violence a religious right?

You grossly misunderstand the point of that bible story.

It also does not make any visible point. Perhaps you could try actually making one? Even if your contention was true (which it is blatantly false) murdering your children is illegal no matter what your religion has to say about it.
How do we explain to grumpy kids that simply proclaiming that someone grossly misunderstands something is not a refutation or a counter-argument? I have no evidence that this little fellow has any understanding of the Bible; he just says I misunderstand because I don't agree with whatever he thinks, or whatever he thinks he thinks. The Interwebs are crawling with this kind of troll like fleas on a a fat dog. תגיד לי מה אתה יודע
Your veiled insults deserved nothing more than this.

Sorry that you seem to think calling what 80 percent of the population believes is founded in an evil concept. Did you actually think that stands for an argument? And you have the gall to call others trolls - that is rather rich.

You are still avoiding the topic and evading the question. Is domestic violence a religious right?
i'm not avoiding or evading. The question isn't real. Religions don't have "rights". You are confused about religion.

The Bible is filled with stories and statements that the commandments of God must be obeyed, even if they seem cruel or horrid. If God tells you to cut your kid's throat, you had better do it. You don't have a "right" to obey God, you have an obligation.

Have you ever studied a religion of any sort? Why are you so condescending and snotty when you give no sign of any knowledge or education on the topic? It' sad.

Trolling, trolling, trolling,
Fishlore keeps a rolling,
Troll on, fishy.

Yes, you have your opinion.

That's all you have.

You grossly misunderstand the point of that bible story.

It also does not make any visible point. Perhaps you could try actually making one? Even if your contention was true (which it is blatantly false) murdering your children is illegal no matter what your religion has to say about it.
How do we explain to grumpy kids that simply proclaiming that someone grossly misunderstands something is not a refutation or a counter-argument? I have no evidence that this little fellow has any understanding of the Bible; he just says I misunderstand because I don't agree with whatever he thinks, or whatever he thinks he thinks. The Interwebs are crawling with this kind of troll like fleas on a a fat dog. תגיד לי מה אתה יודע
Your veiled insults deserved nothing more than this.

Sorry that you seem to think calling what 80 percent of the population believes is founded in an evil concept. Did you actually think that stands for an argument? And you have the gall to call others trolls - that is rather rich.
Eighty percent of the population believes that Elvis is coming back. So the F what? I never said anything about any "evil concept." I did say that God commanded Abraham to kill/murder/sacrifice his son, Isaac. Do you deny that incident is in the Bible?

God commanded lots of murders of innocent people, including women and children. Do I have to quote the Book of Joshua to you or do you have your own Bible? You do a lot of name calling and tap dancing but you can't respond to any specific thing I have posted. That speaks badly of your thought process and motives.

Trolling, trolling, trolling,
Fishlore keeps a rolling,
Troll on, fishy.

Yes, you have your opinion.

That's all you have.
You can't address what I said about Genesis 22. You don't know the Bible, you don't understand the Bible, you can't deal with the fact that your childish beliefs aren't supported by Scripture so you try and condescend, you avoid the topic, you call names, you make a fool of yourself. I understand how chilling it is for a simple-minded and uneducated evangelical to stumble into a debate with a biblical scholar with advanced degrees. I feel sorry for you but I have no respect for your religious attitude and bad manners. May God forgive you, I'm to busy to bother.

Doesnt matter what it is written in the bible or koran, at the end of the day, all it matters are the actions of people.

The best part is, the rules are not dictated by some 1000 year old scriptures in this country, but by common sense.

And according to these rules, if a muslim is beating up his wife, there is no excuse.

And in my honest opinion; there are other things muslims are allowed to do in this country, that should have been banned by the rules of the common sense.

Since the subject is "violence against woman", how about the "veil", muslim families and islamist schools pushing to little kids on the grounds of protecting man from arousal?

upload_2015-11-19_14-57-20.png

No one has to address your interpretation of Genesis.

You are merely trolling.

Not born again, so you lied there.

Jesus fulfilled the law, nice, you proved me right the two laws Jesus ask us to follow was serve God with your whole heart, mind and soul. The second is to love your neighbor as yourself. Have a great day.

Religions don't give rights, they impose obligations. States grant rights. A state may grant you the right to worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster or it may make such worship a crime punishable by death.

Not born again, so you lied there.

Jesus fulfilled the law, nice, you proved me right the two laws Jesus ask us to follow was serve God with your whole heart, mind and soul. The second is to love your neighbor as yourself. Have a great day.
Sorry to hear you are still stuck in the birth canal. The thing you are referring to is called the Sh'ma Yisrael. It is not a law, even in Israel;. and Jesus didn't make it up. It is a daily prayer said by pious Jews everywhere and appears in Deuternonomy 6:4 centuries before Jesus was born. The notion that Jesus brought the Sh'ma Yisrael to the Jews is demonstrably false; that he brought some law other than Torah is without evidence and flatly contradicted by Matthew 5:17. Who taught you Bible studies?

Religions don't give rights, they impose obligations. States grant rights. A state may grant you the right to worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster or it may make such worship a crime punishable by death.
How foolish you are in what you write. States impose obligations and grant rights as well. I don't think you grasp the difference between the religious and secular worlds.

And Christian teaching of what Jesus did is not invalidated by a Jewish interpretation any more than the reverse. Only silly people think such a thing. Work on nuance and context, Fishlore.

How foolish you are in what you write. States impose obligations and grant rights as well. I don't think you grasp the difference between the religious and secular worlds.

And Christian teaching of what Jesus did is not invalidated by a Jewish interpretation any more than the reverse. Only silly people think such a thing. Work on nuance and context, Fishlore.
Well, you are partly correct. States do impose obligations and grant rights. Religions do not grant rights, which is the point under discussion. You seem unaware that Jesus was a pious Jewish rabbi who, as the citation from Matt 5:17 clearly states, understood his life as existing entirely within the context of Jewish law.

I can only imagine what they told you in that log college theology school but the undisputed truth is that Jesus was not a Christian. The Christian sect did not appear until after the death of Jesus in response to his putative resurrection.

If you wish to disagree with my statements, please cite specific Scripture. I've had enough of your empty insults and will only respond to a factual assertion.

Forum List

Back