CDZ Happy 240th Marines!

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
I know its a few days late but I was looking for the right video and picture.
S4TQNwlGRLqzRyDked9W_USMC_240th-e1447188450775.jpg

Proud of you guys. Each and every one! Here's SOME of your famous brothers.

Happy birtday guys and God bless!

I was in Arlington 11/9 - 11/15 and my group always has a ceremony at the Viet Nam wall on the 11th. Then around noon we go to the Marine monument for their birthday celebration. We've been doing this since 1989.

I know its a few days late but I was looking for the right video and picture.
S4TQNwlGRLqzRyDked9W_USMC_240th-e1447188450775.jpg

Proud of you guys. Each and every one! Here's SOME of your famous brothers.

Happy birtday guys and God bless!

The Marines are great because they have adult leadership.

I like the Marines but I served on a sweep MSO 443 Fidelity. We were the people, thankfully rarely called up on, that got called when the SEALs, Recons and EOD ran into something beyond their level of competence in the approach to the beach. I hope y'all avoid ramps down assaults for a very long time.

• Banned
I suspect that in his heart of hearts Obama is jealous of their unwillingness to coddle incompetence. The marines do not advertise their greatest strength: when they do something stupid they ruthlessly root it out. Old boy networks, careerism, political connections and the like may not be subject to zero tolerance but it is subject to very low tolerance. Likewise NIH and being in the rear with the gear the sergeant major and the beer is frowned upon severely.

I suspect that in his heart of hearts Obama is jealous of their unwillingness to coddle incompetence. The marines do not advertise their greatest strength: when they do something stupid they ruthlessly root it out. Old boy networks, careerism, political connections and the like may not be subject to zero tolerance but it is subject to very low tolerance. Likewise NIH and being in the rear with the gear the sergeant major and the beer is frowned upon severely.

Hope so.

Hope they will not obey orders from Obama's appointees .... if they don't and they rebel all is well and good.

The Marines are good enough at creative interpretation of orders that they will not lead a revolt. They were noted for being the only service in WWII that actively recruited Lincoln brigade vets despite the screaming of the FBI, for example. The navy too is good at that except for the occasional book like "Fleet Tactics" Naval Institute press written by an ex-sweep that called higher command pusillanimous (it sounds like what it means). The Air Force is the most likely to revolt. The Navy and army are unlikely to do so.

The divergence of the skill set needed to win elections and the skill set needed to govern is pretty much worldwide. Look at Australia, Japan, Canada, Belgium until very recently and numerous less notable examples. The rise of dynasties such as the Bush, Clinton and Trudeau is not just a North American phenomenon. Korea and Japan are even worse examples. The Churchill dynasty goes back to 1688 leading to what I suspect are second cousin peers in the house of Lords along with untitled relatives in the commons. That needs fixing.

The divergence of the skill set needed to win elections and the skill set needed to govern is pretty much worldwide. Look at Australia, Japan, Canada, Belgium until very recently and numerous less notable examples. The rise of dynasties such as the Bush, Clinton and Trudeau is not just a North American phenomenon. Korea and Japan are even worse examples. The Churchill dynasty goes back to 1688 leading to what I suspect are second cousin peers in the house of Lords along with untitled relatives in the commons. That needs fixing.
The Philipines as well.

Sad, every thread here devolves immediately into 'Obama blah blah blah. Even in a thread dedicated to the honoring of the Marines.

Ok, poor cowardly Reagan sent the Marines to Lebanaon, got 240 killed, then turned tail and ran. Oh if only we had a president who wasn't such a weak leader and a coward, like Reagan, who turns and runs.

Ankle biters everywhere unite.

The Philipines as well.
This is killing a lot of people in the Dept. of the Navy but I wonder how honest the numbers being reported are. I was checking up on the casualties I saw on the Fido and I was astonished at the outright lies in the official history. For example the lt.Cmdr relieved of command in Aug 1973 was wearing Lt. insignia when relieved and there was a laundry list of other things that could still be classified. One other datum I know that was not classified was based on actual manning and percentage of time the ship could actually leave the pier we ran a 7% (crippled not killed) casualty rate from normal training. I wonder if that is true for Mariines too and if it is getting worse with politics going to hell?

Forum List

Back