CDZ Domestic Violence? A Religious Right?

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
I'm going to pull down two comments from another thread and post it here. The comments WILL be complete and comment numbers and link to thread given.

"there is a difference between domestic violence that is cultural and domestic violence that is individual".

Okay now that's comment 164.

"it may not be done "in the name of allah"... but the Koran is clear... "if your wife shall disobey you, beat her for she is subservient." (then it tells them to stop beating her if she "obeys")"

That's comment number 165
This thread. Muslims are not staying silent in the wake of the Paris attacks | Page 17 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Okay now I see a couple of issues here.
1, Is domestic violence okay if done under a religious doctrine?
2, If our laws are equal is ANY domestic violence by ANY group okay?
3, Why should we accept/tolerate anything that is illegal by OUR laws?
4, Should not the guest accept the hosts laws?

If WE are expected to re-visit laws concerning the rights of women NOT to be beat then have we failed as a nation AND a people? How do you women feel about being beat until you obey? If that is not a GIANT step backwards for women's rights then I don't know what is.

Anybody care to sort this out?

I'm going to pull down two comments from another thread and post it here. The comments WILL be complete and comment numbers and link to thread given.

"there is a difference between domestic violence that is cultural and domestic violence that is individual".

"it may not be done "in the name of allah"... but the Koran is clear... "if your wife shall disobey you, beat her for she is subservient." (then it tells them to stop beating her if she "obeys")"

This thread. Muslims are not staying silent in the wake of the Paris attacks | Page 17 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

If WE are expected to re-visit laws concerning the rights of women NOT to be beat then have we failed as a nation AND a people? How do you women feel about being beat until you obey? If that is not a GIANT step backwards for women's rights then I don't know what is.

The Abrahamic religions are founded on religiously commanded domestic violence. God told Abraham to kill his son, Isaac, as a sacrifice to Him. Abraham went ahead with the plan and was stopped at the last minute by a God who had either changed his mind or was only kidding. MORAL OF THE STORY: if God tells you to kill your kid, it's OK to do it; in fact, it's obligatory.

But not if your society doesn't have an established Church. When the fringe right tells us that the USA was founded as "a Christian nation" it means its OK to bump off family members if you've got the high sign from The Big Guy (or think you do). Got it?

• Banned

The Abrahamic religions are founded on religiously commanded domestic violence. God told Abraham to kill his son, Isaac, as a sacrifice to Him. Abraham went ahead with the plan and was stopped at the last minute by a God who had either changed his mind or was only kidding. MORAL OF THE STORY: if God tells you to kill your kid, it's OK to do it; in fact, it's obligatory.

But not if your society doesn't have an established Church. When the fringe right tells us that the USA was founded as "a Christian nation" it means its OK to bump off family members if you've got the high sign from The Big Guy (or think you do). Got it?
But the Bible does NOT over rule U.S. law. You would argue the Quran does?

All religious practices that subvert secular law are illegal in America. You can believe what you, generally worship as you want, but you wives cannot beat your husbands with your rolling pins and you husbands cannot hit, slap, punch, push, shake, etc. Neither of you really can scream at one another: I mean, the law can get involved.

Fishlore, do you understand the Constitution?

For me to side with Dark Fury is not an usual event here, but he has your number, yeah.

All religious practices that subvert secular law are illegal in America. You can believe what you, generally worship as you want, but you wives cannot beat your husbands with your rolling pins and you husbands cannot hit, slap, punch, push, shake, etc. Neither of you really can scream at one another: I mean, the law can get involved.
and does...

I worked in this field and found that different cultures handle domestic abuse in different ways, many in the Eastern culture rarely seek help , stay within the family and will not talk about personal issues while the Western society is much more vocal.

The Far East women are considered second class citizens, and abuse is prominent , even those who have moved to the west continue on with their religious views of a woman.. I have seen it first hand.

In the Far East a woman has to provide 4 eye witnesses in order to charge someone when she has been raped.

I worked in this field and found that different cultures handle domestic abuse in different ways, many in the Eastern culture rarely seek help , stay within the family and will not talk about personal issues while the Western society is much more vocal.

The Far East women are considered second class citizens, and abuse is prominent , even those who have moved to the west continue on with their religious views of a woman.. I have seen it first hand.

In the Far East a woman has to provide 4 eye witnesses in order to charge someone when she has been raped..
Interesting, indeed. But that is not the case here.

Clean debate thread about domestic violence? How is that? Aren't you supposed to smack around your opponent whilst violent?

But here are some answers.
1. Religion is not an excuse for domestic violence, because all religions also write about how to treat girls.
2. Domestic violence is above laws. Not even militant feminism was able to stop it. "Victims" of it always want more of it.
3. We should not accept it but not on a legal basis, but that it deforms children and recycles them.
4. Gests accept host laws always when the host has more ammo.

For me to side with Dark Fury is not an usual event here, but he has your number, yeah.
Where does the Constitution say you can't buy beer on Sunday?

It doesn't, but neither does it say you can. Prohibition was a progressive issue that moved constitutional amendments. Your state legislature and local governments have the right to regulate alcohol sales; it is a non-religious issue.

Last edited:

Off topic, try again.

You grossly misunderstand the point of that bible story.

It also does not make any visible point. Perhaps you could try actually making one? Even if your contention was true (which it is blatantly false) murdering your children is illegal no matter what your religion has to say about it.

It also does not make any visible point. Perhaps you could try actually making one? Even if your contention was true (which it is blatantly false) murdering your children is illegal no matter what your religion has to say about it.
How do we explain to grumpy kids that simply proclaiming that someone grossly misunderstands something is not a refutation or a counter-argument? I have no evidence that this little fellow has any understanding of the Bible; he just says I misunderstand because I don't agree with whatever he thinks, or whatever he thinks he thinks. The Interwebs are crawling with this kind of troll like fleas on a a fat dog. תגיד לי מה אתה יודע

Fishlore, no one is being grump. You are wrong in the interpretation of the story, and you clearly do not get the narrative. Blame everyone else for your error, but your error remains a fact.

Fishlore, no one is being grump. You are wrong in the interpretation of the story, and you clearly do not get the narrative. Blame everyone else for your error, but your error remains a fact.
Just repeating your unsupported proclamation gives it no weight. Did El tell Abe to off his kid or didn't he? Did Abe set out to obey or didn't he? If El tells you to do something, even something outrageous, do you do it or do you tell Him to f*ck off? Your exegesis would be much appreciated.

Telling me that I "grossly misunderstand" the point of the story without saying what the point of the story is in your opinion and why you thinks so is just hot air. God told Abraham to sacrifice his son and Abraham began to comply. Murdering your children may be illegal according to pettifogging politicians but who are you going to believe, the God who made us all or some fat Speaker of the House who is molesting kids and banging his secretary? That's a tough one...

Just repeating your unsupported proclamation gives it no weight. Did El tell Abe to off his kid or didn't he? Did Abe set out to obey or didn't he? If El tells you to do something, even something outrageous, do you do it or do you tell Him to f*ck off? Your exegesis would be much appreciated.
Your unsupported interpretation means nothing.

If you dad told you to jump off the roof, you would do it?

Use 'exegesis' properly.

Follow the Zone rules, please.

Twist and turn the words to fit your stupidity..

Domestic violence is condemned in the Bible. The Golden Rule is the rule that Jesus told all to live by and the law he brought supersedes the Hebrew Laws. Don't let your hate and bigotry get in the way of the facts.

Forum List

Back