Does your employer Know......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by archangel, Jul 20, 2005.

1. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious...iv'e noticed quite a few people in here who are in this room for alot of hours during normal working hours...now some own their own businesess..others are retired...this I can understand...but for those who are in here for... I mean alot of hours during the day...and claim to have full time jobs...makes one wonder if their employer knows they are paying salaries for those to play in message boards...just a little food for thought! :halo:

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Interesting question! I have the day off. During the school day, we are free to be online as we can fit it in. How many times have you seen me post up something like "This is great, I can use it at school."

Granted I teach social studies, which is why I'm interested in this type of board. But I know the math/science teacher scours the net for current stuff-like onedomino's in science, that the kids will be excited about.

During the summer, I've been working at a bank, no internet time there. :cry:

I can see though that having access to economic/political news would be useful to business and financial enterprises.

3. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    There was something to this effect on MSN not too long ago. I believe I posted about it here. Companies have been concerned about employee work hours they lose to the internet, so they install software that tracks exactly what is done on every computer terminal in their business. And they don't have to tell you.
    Pretty much everyone who has appealed their dismissal due to "privacy concerns" has lost.

I believe several folks here are retired, or similarly at leisure. Which I fully support. :salute:

4. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Careful Arch, I drew the fire of our "Government" employees awhile back when I asked the same question. :D

5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I was a government employee once apon a time...never abused the work hours though...
    also I already took a hit on this after posting... my sbc line went nuts..lost internet..lost the ability to dial out...just got a dial tone...reported it using the cell phone...which then went out...finally got the problem fixed...makes one wonder...also my password was compromised and lost connection in here..
    That has been corrected too!

6. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    MOVE, ARCH!!! they got yer NUMBER! :) LOL

7. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

They trained me well..better not miss the first time..or their ass is mine!...lol :beer:

8. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    I'd chock this post up to:

N.O.Y.D.B.

9. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

At least I do not have a guilty conscience...hit a nerve or what! :D

10. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I program the switch to do something, watch it work. There is little for me to do while it processes my requests. I therefore have some time to fill...