Does your employer Know......

Kathianne said:
Can't say I blame you for being suspicious, but from what I know of No1, doubt he would do any such thing.

As for the topic, it seems to me that if your employer would frown upon being online at a messageboard, you shouldn't be. You want to be paid what you're worth, the employer wants their monies worth. Fair exchange.

To government employees in particular, WE are all your employer, IF you do not have a reason to be collecting 'opinion of the public' go to work!

as for No# I was taking it as a joke...as he made a smartass comment..I did have the telephone connect problem...and was not accusing him of anything except in a joking manner! :poke:

archangel said:
as for No# I was taking it as a joke...as he made a smartass comment..I did have the telephone connect problem...and was not accusing him of anything except in a joking manner! :poke:

:thup:

Kathianne said:

over the head icon when ya need it? Went over telephony engineers head this time............. :read:

archangel said:
over the head icon when ya need it? Went over telephony engineers head this time............. :read:

Ok, I'm still dense. Sorry, don't mean to be. You can pm me or other mod or jim, if necessary.

i post on my breaks, lunch, and at home. my employer tracks how much each person is online, how long, and which sites you went to, as well as what sites you attempted and were denied access. there aren't many sites we cannot access, but the one that bothers me is ebay. i sell stuff on there and buy stuff all the time. i wish i could check an auction at work, and up my bid if needed, rather than wait to get home, and wait until my son is in bed at 8-8:30, to go on the internet, by that time, the auction might be over.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i post on my breaks, lunch, and at home. my employer tracks how much each person is online, how long, and which sites you went to, as well as what sites you attempted and were denied access. there aren't many sites we cannot access, but the one that bothers me is ebay. i sell stuff on there and buy stuff all the time. i wish i could check an auction at work, and up my bid if needed, rather than wait to get home, and wait until my son is in bed at 8-8:30, to go on the internet, by that time, the auction might be over.

however why does it bother you that you are denied access by your employer..
you will not lose the chance on a bid...all ya have to do is place a maximum bid you are willing to pay...ebay will automatically bid for you up too your max.. :dunno:

archangel said:
I could care less either as I do not pay their salaries...just a post as food for thought! What does amaze me is when some come on so righteous...then abuse work hours and taxes...go figure :cof:

That implies you CARE about where people post from and the arrangement ppl have with their employers. Stop caring about it. :)

That said, I know exactly where duane works, and will be drafting an email to his boss asap.

:D

-=d=- said:
That implies you CARE about where people post from and the arrangement ppl have with their employers. Stop caring about it. :)

That said, I know exactly where duane works, and will be drafting an email to his boss asap.

big =d= I will hence forth quit caring...when ya all quit bitchen bout' taxes...some do pay government saleries...and ya have to admitt some service does suck for the money expended..doh' :slap:

Said1 said:
I work from home. Yeah me. :)

I play from home...that is... when my old tired body can muster the energy
:cof:

-=d=- said:

ROFL! Shh.. don't tell his boss! :D

archangel said:
I was a government employee once apon a time...never abused the work hours though...

I work for a civilian contractor who works for the Army. I figure if the smokers who work here can take a ten minute break every hour, then I can spend a few minutes on the net when I run out of things to do.

:funnyface

Merlin1047 said:
I work for a civilian contractor who works for the Army. I figure if the smokers who work here can take a ten minute break every hour, then I can spend a few minutes on the net when I run out of things to do.

Ya mean ya run out of things to do every 50minutes during a WOT...and they make you take your computer outside with the smokers...what has the Army come too? :D

Merlin1047 said:

Our smokers take abut 30 minutes every 2-3 hours! I ought to take up smoking just for the down time!

When I was still in the working force a short time ago, this was quite a problem for business. It was talked about at almost every community business leaders' meeting, personnel association meeting, etc. Many local businesses solved this problem by not installing the internet on every office computer. The internet was installed on only those computers where employees had a need to use it in their work. Some businesses also installed software that let top management know how each employee was using the internet on company time. Employees were told in advance that this software was being installed and the purpose for which it was being installed. Abuse of the internet on company time was grounds for dismissal at many local businesses.

Adam's Apple said:
When I was still in the working force a short time ago, this was quite a problem for business. It was talked about at almost every community business leaders' meeting, personnel association meeting, etc. Many local businesses solved this problem by not installing the internet on every office computer. The internet was installed on only those computers where employees had a need to use it in their work. Some businesses also installed software that let top management know how each employee was using the internet on company time. Employees were told in advance that this software was being installed and the purpose for which it was being installed. Abuse of the internet on company time was grounds for dismissal at many local businesses.

now that is the "key" word....if the employer has no problem with employees surfing the net on company time...then neither do I...if they do then the offenders need to find another line of employment...I for one enjoy surfing the net...but I am retired....on my own time...paid for thru sweat and tears...always gave the employer 100% on his investment in me!....end of story!

Show Me Time; I'll Show You How to Waste It
By David Grimes, Sarasota Herald Tribune
July 17, 2005

According to a new study, workers from Missouri spend more time goofing off than anyone else. Research by www.salary.com reveals that Missouri workers waste 3.2 hours a day, costing employers $28.1 billion in productivity each year.

The study does not attempt to explain why Missourians waste more time at work than folks in other states, but it is my personal opinion that people there spend a lot of their day staring into space, wondering why Missouri is called the "Show Me State." (Perhaps it means, "Show Me Why I Should Stop Playing Computer Solitaire and Get Back to Inventorying Widgets.")

Once word gets out that Missouri employees spend 3.2 hours a day visiting chat rooms and wandering aimlessly around the office holding an empty coffee cup, job applications will come flooding in as people in other parts of the country seek the opportunity to loaf in a more structured, institutionalized manner.

Obviously, this is a huge missed opportunity for Florida, where workers currently waste only a pathetic 2.2 hours a day (Our slothfulness does drag the state's economy down by $44.4 billion a year, however, so it's not like we're not trying.).

Even more alarming, the 2.2 hours of wasted time a day ties us with North Dakota, which has only 3 full-time employees and a temp, whose job it is to hand-crank the telephones.

Clearly, we Floridians need to polish our loafing skills if we are to compete with Missouri and other hotbeds of sluggishness like Indiana (2.8 hours) and Kentucky (2.8 hours). Filling a single additional hour of the day with non-work should not be that difficult.

As someone who has made a career, such as it is, out of wasting time, I would be happy to share some of my secrets:

for full article: http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0705/grimes072705.php3

Forum List

Back