Does wearing a short skirt justify being raped?

Rape and harassment are not equal.
yet both have been linked to reasons for suicide
Another false equivalency. People who are harassed all the time have committed suicide. Chronic harassment is not what happened here.
yeah, I will give you that one

but let's take the "false equivalency" (which I disagree with, I understand that the severity is different, but the principle is the same) out of the equation

is it OK to harass and intimidate people because they are wearing a political slogan for someone you don't like?

Last edited:
Ah, the good old false equivalency gag.
Not really. Infringing on someone's individual rights, when they haven't done so to someone else, isn't okay in any instance, regardless of their ideology, dress, mannerisms, belief, or any number of preferences, ideas, or individual qualities. It's inherently unethical.

Rape isn't "infringing on someone's individual rights|". Rape is a violent ciminal assault.

Calling someone out for wearing a symbol of racism, xenophobia, and the election slogan of a man who is an agent of the Russian government is the very essence of "free speech".

Every time one of you right wing assholes complains about other people violating their rights and freedoms, it turns out that what they're complaining about is other people's freedom of expression to comment on and disagree with their political messaging. If you're going to turn yourself into a walking billboard for hate, expect people to comment on it.

Calling someone out for wearing a symbol of racism, xenophobia, and the election slogan of a man who is an agent of the Russian government is the very essence of "free speech".
if I see someone wearing something racist, I will call them out

when I see fools whining about a political slogan that my 2 favorite presidents decided to use, I will mock them

Another false equivalency. People who are harassed all the time have committed suicide. Chronic harassment is not what happened here.

but let's take the "false equivalency" (which I disagree with, I understand that the severity is different, but the principle is the same) out of the equation

is it OK to harass and intimidate people because they are wearing a political slogan for someone you don't like?
I have already stated that it is not.

Not really. Infringing on someone's individual rights, when they haven't done so to someone else, isn't okay in any instance, regardless of their ideology, dress, mannerisms, belief, or any number of preferences, ideas, or individual qualities. It's inherently unethical.
I didn't say it was OK to harass them, it's said it was a false equivalency.

And it is. The situations are not the same.
They are, because you're infringing on their individual rights on the basis of their clothing, both are unethical. If you don't think it's okay, then we're in agreement.
Wearing a short skirt is not akin to wearing a political statement.

Rape and harassment are not equal, what I'm saying is that the equivalence of infringing on someone's individual rights is not false. As I said earlier; Infringing on someone's individual rights, when they haven't done so to someone else, isn't okay in any instance. Wearing a political statement doesn't infringe on anyone's individual rights and therefor isn't any different from wearing a short skirt.

I have already stated that it is not.
*respeck given where it's due :beer:

220119facecrime2.jpg

The collective left's behavior has sunk to a level much like those urban gang members who beat up or shoot some poor kid, all because the color shirt or brand of shoes he was wearing is worn by a rival gang.

Rape isn't "infringing on someone's individual rights|". Rape is a violent ciminal assault.

Every time one of you right wing assholes complains about other people violating their rights and freedoms, it turns out that what they're complaining about is other people's freedom of expression to comment on and disagree with their political messaging. If you're going to turn yourself into a walking billboard for hate, expect people to comment on it.
Initiating force or coercion against another person is infringing on their individual rights, calling something criminal has no meaning outside of the government not agreeing when someone else does it.

I never advocated against calling someone out, what I'm against is using force or coercion against someone. I don't care what you say to someone. As for your Russia claim, the MSM has already admitted it's fake on video:

I have never once advocated one person be unable to disagree with another, I'm against assaulting, stalking, and doxxing people for supporting one idea or another. I believe all ideas should be challenged, without exception. I actually don't agree with the current administration, or any other, I believe government is not legitimate.

This post is truly hilarious. Keep it going. I'm actually laughing hysterically. Thank you to the op and the hilarious pists that followed. Priceless.

if your answer is "NO"; yet you think it is OK to harass people for wearing political slogans, MAGA hats specifically, then please explain your position

thanks

Duh, short skirts don't equal racist hate.

...and only an idiot would believe that a political slogan on a red hat is the equivalency of Klan hood. The same Klan you Democrats created to terrorize black people.

Initiating force or coercion against another person is infringing on their individual rights, calling something criminal has no meaning outside of the government not agreeing when someone else does it.

I never advocated against calling someone out, what I'm against is using force or coercion against someone. I don't care what you say to someone. As for your Russia claim, the MSM has already admitted it's fake on video:

I have never once advocated one person be unable to disagree with another, I'm against assaulting, stalking, and doxxing people for supporting one idea or another. I believe all ideas should be challenged, without exception. I actually don't agree with the current administration, or any other, I believe government is not legitimate.

So in other words you're rejecting facts.

There is no point in continuing to discuss anything with you until you grow up and get a clue.

So in other words you're rejecting facts.

There is no point in continuing to discuss anything with you until you grow up and get a clue.

Pretty sure rejecting video evidence is rejecting facts, not explaining that video evidence exists that completely refutes your narrative. You're simply projecting, since you can't make a logical argument in support of your idea.

if your answer is "NO"; yet you think it is OK to harass people for wearing political slogans, MAGA hats specifically, then please explain your position

thanks

You are comparing rape to legal, verbal harassment in public?

Okaaaaaaaaay.

thanks

You are comparing rape to legal, verbal harassment in public?

Okaaaaaaaaay.
I am drawing an analogy

I understand that rape is a far more heinous crime

many left wingers, and certainly their sycophants in the media, are happy to advocate for violence against folks simply for expressing political views they don't agree with

Which is exactly why we need to keep guns out of the hands of Leftists.

Forum List

Back