Does Obama understand how insurance works???

However Title VII exempts 4 classes of employers including religious and non-profits....

IIRC, the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act does not exempt non-profit businesses from the requirement of large employers to provide health insurance to employees.
And that right there is the problem. In the past mandates always allowed for exemptions on religious grounds. That was understood by all. Now Obama&Co have trashed all that. That's why they're in this mess. They are caught between pro religious groups (of all religions) and the feminists. There is no way to win this. Now they have compromised. Which makes them look weak and unorganized (which they are).

i don't see it as any real compromise....but rather a sleight of hand....

Obama still satisfies his feminist base as contraceptives will now be provided "free" to Church workers by their insurance companies....

Obama thwarts religion and arrogantly walks over business to effectively attain his real goal....that of dictating what is to be....

IIRC, the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act does not exempt non-profit businesses from the requirement of large employers to provide health insurance to employees.
And that right there is the problem. In the past mandates always allowed for exemptions on religious grounds. That was understood by all. Now Obama&Co have trashed all that. That's why they're in this mess. They are caught between pro religious groups (of all religions) and the feminists. There is no way to win this. Now they have compromised. Which makes them look weak and unorganized (which they are).

i don't see it as any real compromise....but rather a sleight of hand....

Obama still satisfies his feminist base as contraceptives will now be provided "free" to Church workers by their insurance companies....

Obama thwarts religion and arrogantly walks over business to effectively attain his real goal....that of dictating what is to be....

Obama did not do this alone. In fact, Obama had very little to do with ObamaCare's actual verbiage. He takes the credit, but did very little of the work. In fact, his hands off casual attitude during the heat of battle actually infuriated his party. The man seriously lacks in leadership qualities. Which I am actually ever so grateful for since this flaw mitigates the damage he can do.

The Democratic Party was the major player in making this happen.

Last edited:
==========================

You do know that after the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ruled that companies that provided prescription drugs to their employees but didn't provide birth control were in violation of Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, around 90% of companies with 15 employees or more complied. So your point is mute.

The point is MOOT, not mute. Look it up. Oh yeah, no it is not moot.

Moot and Mute - Glossary of Usage - Commonly Confused Words -Moot versus Mute

Well, excuuuuuse me! :lol: (And thanks for correcting me, I'm serious!)

And yes, healthmyths point about companies having to adopt a new approach is moot, being companies are already taking care of birth control prescription drugs with their health care coverage.

YOU MISSED THE POINT!!!
A religious ethics concerned employer.. COULD NOT be assured that THEIR premiums would be co-mingled with premiums used to pay for contraceptives!

As a result if such an employer WANTED proof their Premiums would NOT be used to buy "free" contraceptives the insurance company will have to either
a) open their books and PROVE NO contraceptives were bought with their premiums or
b) NOT buy from the insurance company and THEN Be forced by federal law to have to
pay HIGHER premiums for companies that CAN Prove that no co-mingling occurred!

Do you understand?
Let me put another way...
Employer pays premiums. Out of premiums company pays costs including costs of
providing "contraceptives"! The religious employer is NOW indirectly paying for contraceptives contrary to beliefs!

THIS is why I said Obama doesn't know shit about how business much less insurance works!!!

s[/url]

There's no way to prove who's paying the real cost.....it will be hidden under other billings...and premiums will go up for "other" reasons...

Obama pulled a fast one.......he just sidestepped the religious issue and laid the costs ostensibly upon the insurance company......but still everybody will get to pay for the designated "free" contraceptives....Catholic or not....

what the HELL gives Obama the power to dictate that insurance companies must provide "free" contraceptives....?

Because birth control costs less the an abortion or a pregnancy

s[/url]

There's no way to prove who's paying the real cost.....it will be hidden under other billings...and premiums will go up for "other" reasons...

Obama pulled a fast one.......he just sidestepped the religious issue and laid the costs ostensibly upon the insurance company......but still everybody will get to pay for the designated "free" contraceptives....Catholic or not....

what the HELL gives Obama the power to dictate that insurance companies must provide "free" contraceptives....?

Because birth control costs less the an abortion or a pregnancy

Well, then they should go the birth control route and go buy themselves some contraceptives like the rest of us do.

Does Obama understand how insurance works???

President Obama is scheduled to announce Friday afternoon a revamp of his contraception policy requiring religious institutions to fully pay for birth control, changing the onus on who pays for contraception from employers to insurance companies.
Obama to announce revamp of contraception policy - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

SO let's see how that might work.
BZZZZZT!!!!!
323.png

MIGHT??!!!!
:eek:

"Might" qualifies as a Teabaggers informed-opiion, huh????
eusa_doh.gif

303.gif

Stupid Teabaggers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Wendell Potter | PBS - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back