Does it concern you, that the U. S. Military is monitoring web sites such as USMB?

There's a new generation of meds that can control some of these symptoms... ;)

It was that kind of attitude that allowed the NAZI's to take over Germany. I do not know how unchecked military power is in this country, but there were rumors that even President Kennedy was surprised to learn how little power he actually had. Please don't write off the power of big military with a one-liner during these terrorist times.

nazi_logo_by_iyerajinkya.png

Power of big Military. With Civilian leaders. It was set up that way for a reason. Do not fear the military but respect it and be thankful that they are ours.

There's a new generation of meds that can control some of these symptoms... ;)

It was that kind of attitude that allowed the NAZI's to take over Germany. I do not know how unchecked military power is in this country, but there were rumors that even President Kennedy was surprised to learn how little power he actually had. Please don't write off the power of big military with a one-liner during these terrorist times.

nazi_logo_by_iyerajinkya.png

Power of big Military. With Civilian leaders. It was set up that way for a reason. Do not fear the military but respect it and be thankful that they are ours.

Respect the military, yes. Improve their benefits for the sacrifice they are willing to make for their country, of course. But, always keep a vigilant eye out for the next General Douglas Mac Arthur or General Alexander Haig who think they would make a good dictator, and try to be.

300px-Douglas_MacArthur_58-61.jpg

1266687016.jpg

Last edited:
What the fuck is up with you and pictures? You feel the need to post pictures every damn time?

Well he has to post something to keep his thread alive. even if it has nothing to do with the OP.

Irritating isn't it? No, I do not use pictures everytime, but when we talk about the abuse of power by Mac Arthur, Haig, and Westmoreland I want their faces to be seen. A name in a history book is quickly forgotten, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

And, no I do not think every generals are "bad," but all it takes is one to cause serious Constitutional problems. Generals are "hired help," and serve at the pleasure of POTUS.

Now to bring this down to the thread, there is a lot of private information available to the military. The idea of rights of privacy, and big brother watching us are serious concerns. So, is the security of the United States.

We need stable people in the Department of Defense to make reasonable decisions. These three, Mac Arthur, Haig, and Westmoreland got way too far up the ladder. They felt that they knew more than the elected President's of the United States they were there to serve. What assurances are there today that we are protected form this kind of misuse of power, and risk to our personal privacy?

If this post makes you sick to your stomach, it should. It does mine.

What the fuck is up with you and pictures? You feel the need to post pictures every damn time?
I haven't even read this thread, but his pictures are hilarious!

:lol::lol::lol:

You know, I was kind of amazed myself. :lol:

I have an observation about this thread for thought. The idea of the Government monitoring website strikes some of us with concern for our rights of privacy, and others seem scared of "Big Brother." I feel the both ways. I wish there were a way to find a more balanced perspective. Does it concern you, that the U. S. Military is monitoring web sites such as USMB?

Last edited:
Actually, I'd prefer to forget about Westmoreland, since I don't remember who in the Hell he was anyways...

Here is the Wiki link, as stated before General Westmoreland lied to the President about troop strength in Viet Nam. Westmoreland was in charge of things in Viet Nam, and wanted to escalate the war. A lot of American soldiers died because of Westmoreland's lies.

Last edited:
Does it concern you, that the U. S. Military is monitoring web sites such as USMB?
I'm honestly far more concerned about the National Security Agency's continual monitoring of our every communication via Project ECHELON, than anything the Military is performing.

ECHELON is how the US Government tracks down suspected terrorist cell phones and such. It was created about 40 years ago to thwart the Soviets, but now is used for virtually everything, and is mostly classified.

Echelon (signals intelligence) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

250px-Menwith-hill-radomes.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I've heard of the cellphone monitoring system. I've seen the above set up on my way to work on a base I drive past. They have it programed to be alert for certain words apparently. Since my cellphone conversations are entirely mundane, it never has concerned me.

One thing about cellphones, and gps devices in autos, is that they can become tools for law enforcement to use in solving crimes. You can be tracked with these devices. If you don't like that, then you can always go back to older technology and use maps and pay phones.

I'm honestly far more concerned about the National Security Agency's continual monitoring of our every communication via Project ECHELON, than anything the Military is performing.

ECHELON is how the US Government tracks down suspected terrorist cell phones and such. It was created about 40 years ago to thwart the Soviets, but now is used for virtually everything, and is mostly classified.

Whoa! I am the one who has been looking for balance between privacy rights, and overly reacting to concerns about BIG BROTHER. I am surprised that I had not heard of this ECHELON until I read your Wiki link. If the Government has been working on this since the 1960s imagine the technological power they must have. It sounds like the Bruce Willis/Justin Long movie, "Live Free or Die Hard." Maybe BIG BROTHER is already everywhere. Thank you for the information.

SPT79-lhc-control-room.jpg

Last edited:

Whoa! I am the one who has been looking for balance between privacy rights, and overly reacting to concerns about BIG BROTHER. I am surprised that I had not heard of this ECHELON until I read your Wiki link. If the Government has been working on this since the 1960s imagine the technological power they must have. It sounds like the Bruce Willis/Justin Long movie, "Live Free or Die Hard." Maybe BIG BROTHER is already everywhere. Thank you for the information.

SPT79-lhc-control-room.jpg

y'all want something else to be upset about? go learn about the FBI's e-mail scanner CARNIVORE.

y'all want something else to be upset about? go learn about the FBI's e-mail scanner CARNIVORE.

I don't know what concerns me more about CARNIVORE, the fact that the Government has it, or the fact that they have spent the last ten years perfecting it.

And, by the way, I agree with those who say, if you follow the law, you don't have to worry about a BIG BROTHER concept. What concerns me are mistakes or crazies like General Douglas Mac Arthur, General Alexander Haig, or General William Westmoreland. We all have a stake in this, not to mention the importance of defining our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Last edited:
Damn I'm glad that our spy agencies are on top of all this. Just think how screwed we would be if they weren't.

And in case you didn't know we had been tracking Bin laden waiting for the opportunity to capture him when the US Newspapers announced to the world that we were tracking his cell phone. DUH, He quit using his cell phone.

There are simply some things that we do not need to know about.

Shh, it's a secret.

Damn I'm glad that our spy agencies are on top of all this. Just think how screwed we would be if they weren't.

And in case you didn't know we had been tracking Bin laden waiting for the opportunity to capture him when the US Newspapers announced to the world that we were tracking his cell phone. DUH, He quit using his cell phone.

There are simply some things that we do not need to know about.

Shh, it's a secret.

Very interesting point Ollie. If American technology, and military intelligence are so great, why haven't we caught bin Laden in 9 years.

On the other hand, bin Lauden is a Saudi, and we all know about America's loving relationship with Saudi Arabia. Mayyyyyyyy-be some one does not want to find bin Lauden.

Blaming U. S. newspapers for announcing we were tracking bin Laden's cell phone? I don't know....... Could it be incompetent national security, or was it a leak to the press?

As far as your statement, "There are simply some things that we do not need to know about." That's not being prepared, isn't that burying your head in the sand?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back