Does it concern you, that the U. S. Military is monitoring web sites such as USMB?

it bothers me a whole lot more to know that every keystroke and every mouse click i make online is being monitored by commercial entities without my consent, ostensibly for market research. it's a warrantless search and seizure and insult to the fourth amendment if you ask me.

as for the government watching, i've got nothing to hide and if anything, at least i know that my opinion is being crunched by somebody to help somebody else make legislative or strategic decisions.

my peeve along this line is that i'm reasonably certain that some of the people who are real troublemakers online are getting paid by some agency covertly using tax dollars to sow dissent among the people.

We are not talking about Fox.

it bothers me a whole lot more to know that every keystroke and every mouse click i make online is being monitored by commercial entities without my consent, ostensibly for market research. it's a warrantless search and seizure and insult to the fourth amendment if you ask me.

as for the government watching, i've got nothing to hide and if anything, at least i know that my opinion is being crunched by somebody to help somebody else make legislative or strategic decisions.

my peeve along this line is that i'm reasonably certain that some of the people who are real troublemakers online are getting paid by some agency covertly using tax dollars to sow dissent among the people.

We are not talking about Fox.

major media manipulation is a whole other ball of wax than the minor meatheads that infest internet discussion forums.

Well, if the military is monitoring I want to say Thank You for your service to this country and God Bless you!

(I want to say it even if they're not monitoring, too)

I think there are some who overestimate the significance of their online pontificating. :rolleyes:

No, the government isn't watching you. You are too unimportant...

can you tell us what makes you so certain?

i don't know about lately, but there was a time that the fbi thought me and my friends merited their attention and had our phones tapped and were following us around taking pictures.

back in the days of cointelpro, a group of people couldn't form any kind of group without catching some surveillance or worse. a bunch of young jewish men and women training in martial arts together and patrolling changing neighborhoods in the late 60's got quite a bit of attention. we even made the national prime time news after the feebees were able to divert our program to one more to their liking.

if anything, our government officials have become more paranoid and more intrusive in their quest to manage our lives from their position of supposed power.

how can you state with such confidence that we are not being watched?

the only thing i can agree with about your statement is that most people are too unimportant but you'd be surprised how little it takes for you to become important enough to be fucked with and possibly even killed in the interests of some thugs perception of national security.

I don't think the FBI is interested in monitoring my boring opinions on a variety of topics.

i'm sure you are quite right on that and it's likely that there really is a very small number of people using the internet who are specifically in the sights of the fbi or other intelligence gathering agencies.

i'm also reasonably certain that there are machines programmed to run stats on these boards much in the same fashion as the commercial business intelligence gathering service bureaus work that are looking at opinions about things more serious than who your favorite artists are or what brand of bacon you buy.

there are also agents tasked to do nothing but lurk in these boards watching for criminal activity and it would not surprise me to discover that some portion of the extremists on these forums are being paid to spread misinformation.

I guess my position would be "If you're not doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about."

The problem is they get to decide what is wrong

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxPRJ8vtFlM]YouTube - FEMA calls Founding Fathers: "THE 1st TERRORIST ORGANIZATION IN THE USA"[/ame]

Last edited:
I don't think the FBI is interested in monitoring my boring opinions on a variety of topics.

ever heard of keywords?

like "obama" "israel"

we agree google sells its search's for each ip adress, to the goverment... when certain key words are searched... certain systems are activated..

much like the phone company that does the "wire tapping" they dont sit there and listen to every conversation.

Well, if the military is monitoring I want to say Thank You for your service to this country and God Bless you!

(I want to say it even if they're not monitoring, too)

Ass kisser. This is the first guy whose life you want to put under a microscope.

microscope.jpg

Last edited:
There's a new generation of meds that can control some of these symptoms... ;)

It was that kind of attitude that allowed the NAZI's to take over Germany. I do not know how unchecked military power is in this country, but there were rumors that even President Kennedy was surprised to learn how little power he actually had. Please don't write off the power of big military with a one-liner during these terrorist times.

nazi_logo_by_iyerajinkya.png

Forum List

Back