Does anyone want a two year old?

I'll start the bidding, $10!

I need a footrest. :eusa_whistle:

A two year old foot rest will bite your foot, possibly break it, and then run into the bathroom and put a whole roll of toilet paper into the toilet. And flush.

Have fun with that.

we did the toilet paper thing today and he than threw a fit when I took the wet toilet paper away.

And BREATHE. Always BREATHE. They count on your stability and relative calm, because their little 2 year old world is a very scary, stressful place.

Last edited:
Also, he might be coming down with something.

In that case, give him a dose of baby benadryl and say night night.

and allie he is still my baby! :)

People make fun of me because I call my 6 & 7 year olds my babies. I refer to them as "the babies".

I have two sets of kids. There are the kids, and the babies.

I get all sorts of shit about it. When I had to go to DV class (in order to get assistance so I could move my ass out of my ex's house) there was a slightly older Indian woman in there...and we talked about "babies." We both decided, once they're "babies' they're always "babies".

We have the power of age and wisdom. We get to call all those younger than us "kids" and "babies". It's one of the privileges of age.

I call 36 year old men kids.

My experience with 4 boys is this: This is the age where it is really important to set limits with your son. They sometimes act up because maybe they are actually needing more structure in their life. Routine is the key and stick to it. The last and most important one is No means NO! Stand your ground that means before you react make sure you are willing to back yourself up 100%

This might be hard at first, but stick with it because you'll without a doubt be rewarded in the long run.

Well, there's your problem right there.

She's a woman. All they do is complain.

:tomato:

I kid, I kid! :eek: :lol:

:D

The complaining I can handle. A tantrum in an almost 13 year old . . . . is damn ugly! :eek:

Sometimes I do wonder when she got voted in as president of the bitch and moan club . . .

Although after sleeping from 11pm last night to 11am this morning, she is her sweet and lovely self. Albeit a bit bored, without her ipod, ds or tv shows but hey . . . . I'm enjoying the calm. :D

Last edited:
The complaining I can handle. A tantrum in an almost 13 year old . . . . is damn ugly! :eek:

Sometimes I do wonder when she got voted in as president of the bitch and moan club . . .

We see tantrums in adults here daily, can't get much uglier than that. :lol:

And you mean there's a club? They must make a killing in membership fees! :eek:

I think I stick to my guns usually. :)
I have started time outs and at night if he keeps it up I put him to bed.
The last two months have been quite hard for him I think, he started daycare instead of being with my mom all day, he started going to therapy twice a week, and then he had the swine flu forever.
Plus the kid has no fear.

My experience with 4 boys is this: This is the age where it is really important to set limits with your son. They sometimes act up because maybe they are actually needing more structure in their life. Routine is the key and stick to it. The last and most important one is No means NO! Stand your ground that means before you react make sure you are willing to back yourself up 100%

Righto. Pick your fights. There are times when yogurt all over the house is not something worthy of fighting with, if you can actually see the frustration behind it.

I'm thinking. I'm sure there must be a time when it's not worth picking a fight over flinging slop around. Maybe if the kid is tired, or sick. Or you've just gotten him back from visiting someone and you're on the path to re-establishing your own routine...though in that case I think I'd (calmly...at least that's the goal) say, "You know, that's not acceptable, maybe you s hould have a time out."

Or make them clean it up. the thing is, at 2, they enjoy doing grown-up things like cleaning (and I'm not talking Mommie Dearest, I mean giving him a rag and having him do his best, then of course, you do the rest and clean up the huge mess he's made with the rag). But it also instills in them the understanding that actions have consequences, and if you make a mess, you clean it up. It won't mean much now, but later down the line, you'll be SO GLAD.

My kids are terrible about it. Because I'm terrible about it. But as Alice in Wonderland says...

"I give very good advice, but I very seldom take it."

Hell no! And I never had any kids in the first place. I can't imagine anyone who has already gone through that doing it again.
4 boys here, first two 10 months apart. Then ten years went by and I had my 3rd child, then 18 months later my 4th. Never got that girl.

Forum List

Back