Does anyone want a two year old?

I think I stick to my guns usually. :)
I have started time outs and at night if he keeps it up I put him to bed.
The last two months have been quite hard for him I think, he started daycare instead of being with my mom all day, he started going to therapy twice a week, and then he had the swine flu forever.
Plus the kid has no fear.

Did Someone Say

$Drama_prairie_dog.gif

Swine Flu?

Hell no! And I never had any kids in the first place. I can't imagine anyone who has already gone through that doing it again.
4 boys here, first two 10 months apart. Then ten years went by and I had my 3rd child, then 18 months later my 4th. Never got that girl.
I'm sorry you never got that daughter. My mother kept going until she got one. Catholics. ;) But we are all three years apart. My parents said they made a mistake and should have made it four - college tuition overlaps every three years were rough.

So my son turned two today, he has been acting somewhat like a two year old for a little while now but I think last night at midnight something turned on inside his brain. I don't even want to tell you how many temper tantrums he has thrown today, just say at one point we had yogurt everywhere.
So if someone wants a two year old until he is about five just PM me and we will work out the details. (this is a joke):redface:

No thanks! I did the "Terrible Threes" (not twos) in stereo with my twins.

Seemed like the DAY they turned three they turned into disagreeable little monsters whose favorite word was "NO". Day they turned 4, my sweet, sweet children returned.

Then...11 years passed....and now they're almost 15. They act like toddlers again. Mouthy. Disagreeable. And their favorite word is, once again--"NO".

Only difference is they let me sleep past 6 am on Saturdays (of course, I can't get them to roll out of bed voluntarily before noon if they don't have plans on a Saturday). LOL.

The pediatrician warned me years ago that children have TWO toddlerhoods.

He was right. :D :eek:

Now I'm warning you.....you get to do this all over again in about 10 years. :funnyface:

Well, there's your problem right there.

She's a woman. All they do is complain.

:tomato:

I kid, I kid! :eek: :lol:

:D

The complaining I can handle. A tantrum in an almost 13 year old . . . . is damn ugly! :eek:

Sometimes I do wonder when she got voted in as president of the bitch and moan club . . .

Although after sleeping from 11pm last night to 11am this morning, she is her sweet and lovely self. Albeit a bit bored, without her ipod, ds or tv shows but hey . . . . I'm enjoying the calm. :D

OMG...ain't this the truth! ALL OF IT!! :eek:

Hell no! And I never had any kids in the first place. I can't imagine anyone who has already gone through that doing it again.
4 boys here, first two 10 months apart. Then ten years went by and I had my 3rd child, then 18 months later my 4th. Never got that girl.
I'm sorry you never got that daughter. My mother kept going until she got one. Catholics. ;) But we are all three years apart. My parents said they made a mistake and should have made it four - college tuition overlaps every three years were rough.
Oh want to hear something funny? I love my boys but I was honest with my husband after delivery of my last son and told him I really wanted a girl. I had a name picked out too well one of two names which were Lera or Megan. So husband said to me on our talk this:

Oh Honey, I'll just buy you one of these
The-Ashton-Drake-Galleries-Faith-So-Truly-Real-Lifelike-Baby-Doll.jpg

and you can name her meganbelieve. *laugh*

Oh want to hear something funny? I love my boys but I was honest with my husband after delivery of my last son and told him I really wanted a girl. I had a name picked out too well one of two names which were Lera or Megan. So husband said to me on our talk this:

Sounds like he's related to my ex. All sensitive and loving. ;)

The night I had our twins (c-section), I was laying in bed moaning from pain (I had a pitocin drip to shrink the twins former condo back down to size fast, due to hemmorage).

Apparently my moaning was bugging the (now) ex.

Dh sits up in chair/bed thing beside my bed and throws a pillow at me and tells me to shut up.......and then his eyes opened as wide as serving platters when he realized just what a big dickhead he'd been. He immediately apologized profusely, while I called for the nurse to come beat him for me. :rofl:

Last edited:

The night I had our twins (c-section), I was laying in bed moaning from pain (I had a pitocin drip to shrink the twins former condo back down to size fast, due to hemmorage).

Appaently my moaning was bugging the (now) ex.

Dh sits up in chair/bed thing beside my bed and throws a pillow at me and tells me to shut up.......and then his eyes opened as wide as serving platters when he realized just what a big dickhead he'd been. He immediately apologized profusely, while I called for the nurse to come beat him for me. :rofl:
Well my husband said that to me in a loving kind of way..he was trying to make me laugh not upset me. I thought it was funny and charming how he tried so hard.

Your X sounds like an asshole.

Well my husband said that to me in a loving kind of way..he was trying to make me laugh not upset me. I thought it was funny and charming how he tried so hard.

He's SO better about stuff now that he's almost 50, than he was at the time (he was 34 when twins were born).

And....in his defense, he drove all night to get to the hospital from a business trip and was absolutely exhausted and sleep deprived by the time the babies were born, settied in the NICU and we could finally try to rest. Of course, so was I.

I can laugh about that pillow tossing incident now....it wasn't funny at the time. I was pretty steamed, and he has paid and paid and paid for it over the years.

I guess it's true what they say---that you forget the trauma of childbirth. Even the trauma inflicted by the husband. :lol:

:lol:

He's SO better about stuff now that he's almost 50, than he was at the time (he was 34 when twins were born).

And....in his defense, he drove all night to get to the hospital from a business trip and was absolutely exhausted and sleep deprived by the time the babies were born, settied in the NICU and we could finally try to rest. Of course, so was I.

I can laugh about that pillow tossing incident now....it wasn't funny at the time. I was pretty steamed, and he has paid and paid and paid for it over the years.

I guess it's true what they say---that you forget the trauma of childbirth. Even the trauma inflicted by the husband. :lol:
:lol: well I only had one child fully natural..my obgyn thought I had 3 other natural child births so I wasn't prepared. When that baby was coming out, I screamed to high heaven, grabbed my husbands chest hairs and PULLED, I must have said every curse word I ever heard. LMAO...Oh that evening the doctor apologized to me because if she knew that this was my first she wouldn't have did what she did. That is a little to graphic to type.

I didn't forget my childbirth, it was the longest 27 hrs of my life and to top it off after three hrs of pushing my doctor realized that my son wasn't going to come out the natural way. A few months after the idiot realized the way my uterus is shaped I would have never been able to have a child the natural way. So if I do have another child I get to just schedule it.:razz:

I told the emergency doctor, who had to deliver my second because the assholes wouldn't listen to me after I had 3 days of hard labor (they kept sending me home) "Once I hit 7 cm you'd better be ready to catch."

The weren't.

The Er dr came up, and (this was a totally "natural" birth...the last one ever) I told him, "I need a fucking EPISIOTOMY. DO IT OR I'M KICKING YOUR TEETH OUT."'

He did the episiotomy. I didn't kick out his teeth. My baby was born essentially dead, after 3 days of being sent home while in hard labor with no dilation....

But my baby swung around....within a few minutes his apgar was up to 10. He started out at 3 or 2, some ridiculously low number. He was a white baby. Not blue, he was past that. Didn't move, didn't cry, didn't nothing. They stimulated the shit out of him and pumped oxygen to him, and being the tough little shit he is, he woke up and was like, "what the fuck? I want to go BACK!" He didn't quit screaming for 6 months.

Last edited:
National Guard, active duty, I think. Anyway, he goes to Iraq in February.

BTW, he's still a bit of screamer. Not literally, he's actually the most soft spoken of my children. But suppressed rage, he's still got that.

It's all because they fucked up at his birth. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Keep trying. It's bound to happen. Isn't it? I knew a guy with 5 girls who kept pegging away for a girl. Never happened, to my knowledge, at least not with his wife.

We get what we're dealt. I always wanted boys, I was just talking about this with my oldest, who wants 10 kids, and so far has a girl and a wife-who-should-be (bless her heart) who is making him wait...I always wanted boys. I had brothers on either side of me, my sister was 10 years older. I never particularly liked girls. I'd always have one girlfriend at a time, and multiple guy friends. I didn't like the way girls operated.

When I was 38, entering middle age, I thought, hey, a girl would be FUN! I got one. She's the joy of my life. Thank God I didn't have her before I was ready.

I was trying to explain this to my son, who wants a son, and he didn't get it. You can't get it. I tried to explain to him that I wanted boys because I was used to boys. They're assholes, sure, but girls have other issues. Boys are assholes, girls are bitches, and when you're young and good looking (at least for me) I didn't want a girl competing with me.

38 was the magic number for me. Suddenly, I didn't care if she competed. I wanted her to be beautiful, and tough, and sassy, and didn't see it as a threat or annoyance anymore.

Like I said, I gave her the tiara, and it was a beautiful moment.

Does that make sense? Because I'm about halfway through a fifth waiting for company and I'm not quite sure. Not that I care.

Children ... any age ... I would babysit for a fee no more than 5 hours a week. :razz: No way I'd even consider being their guardian more than that.

I was hunting through this thread looking for words of wisdom and I have found them. I'm going with Si modo - no kids... Everyone who has kids seems to have a nightmare and then pretends that 'they wouldn't change it for the world'... I'm not falling for that crap!

Then don't have sex. It's the best way to be certain.

I've always wanted kids. I wanted to have as many as I could have. I have 4. I could have had more, and wish I had.

I recall throwing one tantrum as a kid.. my mother threw a bucket of cold water on me. Notice I said ....one tantrum...

Forum List

Back