Does anyone know why Insurance won't cover

I don't like psychiatrists as a rule they go to medicine first almost always.
They are paid to by Big Pharma to push the pills.

But there are social workers and psychologists who can be helpful. Anyway the severely mentally ill the homeless ill the ones who need long term care. What is the actual reason given why insurance and govenrment won't cover care for those people?
Like I said, insurance companies would go bankrupt. There is no profit in it for them. For one thing, for every ten in mental health, maybe one of them is actually good; real counseling takes insight and empathy and most in mental health really got into it to better understand themselves; it takes a lot of time, and it is just much more cost effective to push a little pill, especially as, there is no one lobbying for the homeless and the mentally ill---- society just writes them off like the elderly as an undesirable but inevitable part of living to be stepped over and walked by on their way to order a latte.

SHUP and go back to work. Nobody wants you goldbricking around faking it in a nuthouse so you get extra Clonezpham or other. What did the caveman or Indians do. If you messed around too much you would be beat to death with a club or left out to fend for yourself I suspect. Sons of guns had a system and there was no Xanax available that much I can assure you.

Man, they were way healthier relying on botanical medicine.

SHUP and go back to work. Nobody wants you goldbricking around faking it in a nuthouse so you get extra Clonezpham or other. What did the caveman or Indians do. If you messed around too much you would be beat to death with a club or left out to fend for yourself I suspect. Sons of guns had a system and there was no Xanax available that much I can assure you.
They also left children to die when they had to immigrate and could no longer carry them or feed them.

Insurance isn't charity, nor is it a social safety net
Insurance was a good idea strictly for groups of people who knew one another personally so could count on peer pressure to reign in any would-be profiteers. Insurance now only serves as a primary tool for the wealthy to transfer wealth to themselves in this country.
Welfare Queens:
1693266520595.jpeg

1693266635167.jpeg

1693266691041.jpeg

Counseling is covered under all Health insurance I have ever had. Whatever that leads to? If they said this guy needs to be housed? maybe your insurance would cover it. But you gotta get into the first rounds of doctors.
You keep replying as if I am personally asking for it. I am asking a genuine question and I explained why. I am asking if anyone knows why it changed and if anyone has answers on how to solve it for those who are severely ill like psychotic, schizophrenic, like mass shooter types. I do appreciate your reply. I am just asking something else as well.

But they used to help those who were severely mentally ill not capable of working for insurance. So why can't we now? I mean the consequences of these loonies is sometimes death of innocent people.

in the 50s &60s It was more a State issue. They locked them up in basically a lesser jail. Your’e not leaving unless we say so I bet was the policy. Big wards of sleeping beds. Lots of guards - orderlies. money ran out I suppose? Or getting sued for cruelty or orderlies raping young girls I suppose? Too costly when DEMs bring in Lawyers. They want these sick people on the street to weaken America further. No vetting at border. More coming in today……3 years of it now. DEMs Rino own all the new ones.

in the 50s &60s It was more a State issue. They locked them up in basically a lesser jail. Your’e not leaving unless we say so I bet was the policy. Big wards of sleeping beds. Lots of guards - orderlies. money ran out I suppose? Or getting sued for cruelty or orderlies raping young girls I suppose? Too costly when DEMs bring in Lawyers. They want these sick people on the street to weaken America further. No vetting at border. More coming in today……3 years of it now. DEMs Rino own all the new ones.
That makes sense about maybe lawsuits for cruelty ended the benefit. Thanks for replying with such thought its really refreshing.

If there were less insurance fraud...

I once was overcharged for a hernia surgery because the lead surgeon brought a doctor onto the operating team who wasn't covered by my policy; thus I was billed for her services. I notified the hospital and they reduced my bill, by $1700. This was insurance fraud by the hospital. I had to obtain all the names of the surgical team and corroborate with my insurance company that they were preferred providers. That's how I discovered that the woman doctor wasn't. The hospital billing department had no clue this was happening.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Insurance won't cover long term mental health treatment like as in facilities. It's clear that the mentally ill in our Country are screaming for help. Why did Reagan deregulate that? Why hasn't the democrats helped at all? If we can afford war in other Countries we can afford to help those mentally ill especially the homeless.

But what I am looking for is the government and insurance reasons for not covering long term care.

In the future I can see it headed towards just termination as in Euthanize mentally ill people. How do you feel about that?
Typical Democrat believes money grows on trees. And obviously, no understanding of how insurance works.

Yes that's true, but in severe mental illness like psychosis or schizophrenia it's an organic disease and in many instances it is hard for those severely afflicted to even take care of themselves. I think we are in a bad state in this Country. How we take care of our vulnerable is so reflective of our human condition. This is my opinion not saying it as a factual statement.

Take it from me: in a few years "not doing anything" will no longer be an option. We have so many children with life-impacting mental health issues like autism and other disorders who will need significant care coming. It's jarring.

Why can't mental health be covered under health insurance in general. I am not arguing I am asking what's the reason they won't? Why can't be covered under health insurance? Also why won't the government help the mentally ill homeless ?
In order to help the mentally ill homeless, the government would have to bring them into a facility to dry them out, and the homeless do not want to be taken in.

Courts have ruled that crazy people have a right to live like crazy people. So they remain on the streets untreated. I hate that, but if the alternative is for the government to be able to decide who is mentally unfit for freedom, I'm not sure which option is worse.

In order to help the mentally ill homeless, the government would have to bring them into a facility to dry them out, and the homeless do not want to be taken in.

Courts have ruled that crazy people have a right to live like crazy people. So they remain on the streets untreated. I hate that, but if the alternative is for the government to be able to decide who is mentally unfit for freedom, I'm not sure which option is worse.

Is this why governments are getting so lax on criminal behavior? If a criminal also happens to be a homeless drug abuser, why shouldn't he/she be incarcerated, which should then include treatment?

Enforcing local ordinances would easily drive street people away; public indecency, littering, obstructing commerce and travel, etc.

All plans must cover:
  • Behavioral health treatment, such as psychotherapy and counseling
  • Mental and behavioral health inpatient services
  • Substance use disorder (commonly known as substance abuse) treatment
Your specific behavioral health benefits will depend on your state and the health plan you choose. You’ll see a full list of what each plan covers, including behavioral health benefits, when you compare plans in the Marketplace.

Forum List

Back