~Do You Wear Your Seat Belt??~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Well, do you??
Do you always wear your seat belt, never forget??
Or do you wear it sometimes...or do you never wear it at all??
When you are in some other person's car, front seat passenger, do you wear the seat belt then??
Have you ever gotten a ticket for not wearing your seat belt??....as I believe it's a law now in practically every state to wear one~

Well, do you??
When you are in some other person's car, front seat passenger, do you wear the seat belt then??
Have you ever gotten a ticket for not wearing your seat belt??....as I believe it's a law now in practically every state to wear one~

I rarely do, which is very irresponsible on my part. Idk, force of habit. My cousin is an EMT and tells me all the time about car crashes where people wear'em vs not wear'em.

As a passenger, however, I virtually always do. Not being in control of the vehicle skeeves me out.

Well, do you??

Yes, I wear mine.

I never wear my seat belt, ever...and I have caught hell about it many times~
I don't need the lectures, really, I'm not going to wear it....so people just need to save their breath~

Well, do you??

I didn't until I was 19 and hit by a drunk driver. Damn!! that hurt. I have wore my seatbelt ever since. It's helped me with other accidents. Wear your seat belts!!

Well, do you??

Always do. It's not hard, try it.

On a lighter note, I've never gotten a ticket!!
But I have tinted windows, so I reckon the coppers can't see in :)

I never wear my seat belt, ever...and I have caught hell about it many times~
I don't need the lectures, really, I'm not going to wear it....so people just need to save their breath~

I support your right to refuse to wear a seat belt. :clap2:

I am a very safe driver- I could easily rationalize why I don''t need to wear a seat belt ( dah! I have airbags!! Dah!! I am a great driver!! DAH!!) But I am more worried about the "other" idiots on the road. Just this morning I saw a woman driving while reading a book, drinking hot coffee, AND applying make up!! People like her scare the shit out of me...... That's why I buckle up.

Best of luck!

My car doesn't have any..............

Attachments

• $P5210267.JPG
    $P5210267.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 50
I wear mine about 95% of the time. I have an uncle who's a firefighter and when I got my license almost 20 years ago he pulled me aside and told me the only thing I ever needed to hear to win me over.... "Scott, in almost 20 years in the fire department I've NEVER unbuckled a corpse."

Now, having said that, I respect anyone's right to choose not to wear their seatbelt. Honestly, the only seatbelt law I want to see is essentially the same as the only motorcycle helmet law I want to see.... One that allows insurance companies to decline to pay for injuries which would likely have been avoided had the patient been wearing a helmet/seatbelt at the time of the accident. If you choose not to wear the protective gear you should be responsible for those costs yourself.

Around here, we have many ponds and lakes that spill over from the Tennessee River, I pass at least 1 or 2 bridges per day~
I can't swim, and my thing is, if I ever plunged into the water, I'm a goner, cause the seat belt would prolly jam and there I would be, gasping for air, eventually drowning.
No thanks....throw me through the windshield and let's hope I die instantly from hitting the ground~

Around here, we have many ponds and lakes that spill over from the Tennessee River, I pass at least 1 or 2 bridges per day~
I can't swim, and my thing is, if I ever plunged into the water, I'm a goner, cause the seat belt would prolly jam and there I would be, gasping for air, eventually drowning.
No thanks....throw me through the windshield and let's hope I die instantly from hitting the ground~

That's why in addition to my keyfob, my keychain includes what is called a "rescue tool". It's a small device that includes a seatbelt cutter and a window punch. Cost me about $12 at the local gunshop.

Well, do you??

I rarely do, which is very irresponsible on my part. Idk, force of habit. My cousin is an EMT and tells me all the time about car crashes where people wear'em vs not wear'em.

As a passenger, however, I virtually always do. Not being in control of the vehicle skeeves me out.

I saw this a few years ago, you might be interested.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVSQh5MbTo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVSQh5MbTo[/ame]

Last edited:
btw..I got a ticket, once. Second time I got pulled over, I had the belt laying under my butt but snapped in place. When the cop said I was not wearing it properly, I said then give me my ticket and off to court we go because it says buckle up..not how to buckle up and I'll fight it. He told me to go away and he left. No ticket.

Well, do you??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVSQh5MbTo]YouTube - ‪Roll over crash - No seat belt‬‏[/ame]

Ok first off, I want to know, why did this dude have a camera inside his little old car....what was he trying to film anyway??
Second, did he die??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVSQh5MbTo]YouTube - ‪Roll over crash - No seat belt‬‏[/ame]

Ok first off, I want to know, why did this dude have a camera inside his little old car....what was he trying to film anyway??
Second, did he die??

I dont know anything about it except that he survived.

Forum List

Back