Do you WANT to believe in God?

Like I said, you're insane. You live in a fantasy world where those children's stories have a real meaning to your life.

Maybe I am insane to think that stories deliberately written to teach children convey something of value to those who can grasp it. Who can say? lol...

Apparently a new contender just showed up.

Yes, I agree. The stories in the Bible are just parables written by some ignorant men thousands of years ago back when people would believe such things would actually happen.
Which makes living by those stories today the actions of an insane person who prefers living in a fantasy world that never even existed.

Like I said, you're insane. You live in a fantasy world where those children's stories have a real meaning to your life.

Maybe I am insane to think that stories deliberately written to teach children convey something of value to those who can grasp it. Who can say? lol...

Yes, I agree. The stories in the Bible are just parables written by some ignorant men thousands of years ago back when people would believe such things would actually happen.
Which makes living by those stories today the actions of an insane person who prefers living in a fantasy world that never even existed.

I don't think they are necessarily "insane." Brainwashed, yes. Religious beliefs are beaten into their heads from the time they are infants pretty much, and then you have to consider the "fear of God."

I think they were a lot less ignorant than you give them credit for. After all they could read and write fantastical stories to educate their children using metaphors, analogies, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., during times when most other people were superstitious knuckle dragging barbarians. I think the ignorant one are the ones who think they are wise and take those stories literally and are still running amok among us unfettered like a plague of talking serpents.

Last edited:

I don't think they are necessarily "insane." Brainwashed, yes. Religious beliefs are beaten into their heads from the time they are infants pretty much, and then you have to consider the "fear of God."
People are self-brainwashed. Adults can tell that what they believe isn't based on facts, but they choose to believe it anyways and enjoy the power that it gives them to be part of a big group, especially mooslims these days.
I've been asking believers here for a long time how Noah got marsupials from Australia and back again. Nobody, but NOBODY has given me an answer. meaning that they know the stories are not possible, but then still tell you that the bible is the word of god. Self-delusion.

I think they were a lot less ignorant than you give them credit for. After all they could read and write fantastical stories to educate their children during times when most other people were knuckle dragging barbarians. I think the ignorant one are the ones who think they are wise and take those stories literally that are still running amok among us like a plague of talking serpents.

I mean ignorant about the rational explanations for events they witnessed and would have attributed to "god (s)". I didn't say anything about them being "knuckle dragging barbarians," but they were most certainly ignorant in knowledge about many things.

People are self-brainwashed. Adults can tell that what they believe isn't based on facts, but they choose to believe it anyways and enjoy the power that it gives them to be part of a big group, especially mooslims these days.
I've been asking believers here for a long time how Noah got marsupials from Australia and back again. Nobody, but NOBODY has given me an answer. meaning that they know the stories are not possible, but then still tell you that the bible is the word of god. Self-delusion.

I think some of them really DO believe. Others like to pretend, true. You can tell the phonies though. :) They do a lot of talking but never walk the walk.

Barbarians are better than Rome guys.

s640x480

I think they were a lot less ignorant than you give them credit for. After all they could read and write fantastical stories to educate their children during times when most other people were knuckle dragging barbarians. I think the ignorant one are the ones who think they are wise and take those stories literally that are still running amok among us like a plague of talking serpents.

I mean ignorant about the rational explanations for events they witnessed and would have attributed to "god (s)". I didn't say anything about them being "knuckle dragging barbarians," but they were most certainly ignorant in knowledge about many things.

I understand. I think you may not have understood what I posted.

Anyway the news isn't all bad. Ignorance itself is an endangered species and no one with even the least intelligence would care if it went extinct forever.

Anyone who would perpetuate ignorance to me fits perfectly the biblical depictions of the dead in hells keeping and there are many like this out there, even billions.

And this is no fairy tale.

Anyway the news isn't all bad. Ignorance itself is an endangered species and no one with even the least intelligence would care if it went extinct forever.

Anyone who would perpetuate ignorance to me fits perfectly the biblical depictions of the dead in hells keeping and there are many like this out there even billions.

Well, so far you have been rather vague. Are you a believer or a nonbeliever? I've figured out that you don't really believe in the Bible stories and that you think they are parables, but does this mean you don't believe in a god?

What about the New Testament? Do you believe the stories about Jesus, etc, in the New Testament? While I believe there may have been a man that they referred to as "Jesus," I certainly do not believe all the stories about this man.

If you think about it, a man like that who existed today would probably be in the loony bin somewhere, honestly. Lol. :D I mean, we see people walking up and down the streets carrying signs and preaching about "the end of times" and other such nonsense. Perhaps Jesus was the first one who started this trend? Who knows? We don't really know if he was just a crazy man. There is absolutely no evidence that any of the stories in either the OT or NT are real or based on any real events.

Do I WANT to believe in God? Sure. Right after I've done something nice, anyway.

The rest of the time, though?!

Anyone who would perpetuate ignorance to me fits perfectly the biblical depictions of the dead in hells keeping and there are many like this out there even billions.

Well, so far you have been rather vague. Are you a believer or a nonbeliever? I've figured out that you don't really believe in the Bible stories and that you think they are parables, but does this mean you don't believe in a god?

What about the New Testament? Do you believe the stories about Jesus, etc, in the New Testament? While I believe there may have been a man that they referred to as "Jesus," I certainly do not believe all the stories about this man.

If you think about it, a man like that who existed today would probably be in the loony bin somewhere, honestly. Lol. :D I mean, we see people walking up and down the streets carrying signs and preaching about "the end of times" and other such nonsense. Perhaps Jesus was the first one who started this trend? Who knows? We don't really know if he was just a crazy man. There is absolutely no evidence that any of the stories in either the OT or NT are real or based on any real events.

If he was just a crazy man he would have been forgotten long ago or no more than a footnote in history if that.

I know that the stories about Jesus were deliberately written in figurative language that would go over the heads of any superstitious or irrational enemy and would drive them insane if they ever tried to usurp authority over them. Actual history, not to mention current events, seem to confirm this. After all they were written by Jews who witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem, the Temple, their entire nation and way of life, and the exile enslavement and slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Jews.

I believe in what I can see with my own eyes, hear with my own ears and perceive in my own mind. When what a person believes conforms to and is confirmed by reality is there really any other choice but to believe?

Forum List

Back