Do you WANT to believe in God?

Us humans think we are so smart compared to apes.

We can send humans into space and peer back at the beginning of the universe. Apes spend most of the day checking each other for fleas.
In other words, speak for yourself. :D

Do you believe in eternity? Everything in the universe is continually changing.
Everything we are comes from the inside of a star that exploded. That star that died, will never live again.

But I come from that star. So in a way, you are right. The star lives on. But does the star have a a clue? Ask yourself if you remember what it was like living on the inside of a star or when YOU were flying through space for billions of years on your way to what is now our solar system.

I come from a SUPER star! ;)

Yes. I've never seen irrefutable 'evidence' for any of this stuff.
Then you haven't been paying attention.
So how do you explain that suddenly around 50,000 years ago humans started an intelligence explosion, after having evolved pretty much zero in the previous millions of years? And if evolution is solely responsible, then in millions of years, will all animals be able to build spaceships and fly them to other planets?
You aren't providing evidence of anything, you're just speculating and musing, interesting though it is.
So how do YOU explain it? The hand of god?
Yet again, you keep saying there is evidence for your 'theories', whilst presenting none and demanding other people prove negatives, or even prove stuff that they haven't claimed to be for or against. So, where's YOUR EVIDENCE? :)
A sudden intelligence explosion around 50,000 years ago after being dumb for 5 million years.
DNA that's unique to humans.
No other animals on earth have managed to send themselves into space. or are even close, and this, after all life has been on this planet for the same amount of time, yet only managed to produce one species like humans.
Every creation story involves aliens.
People are still getting abducted today and report of being probed with needles and such.

Granted there's no smoking gun (yet), but to me it makes a lot more sense and is way more possible and interesting than some invisible dude in another dimension that nobody's ever seen... and oh! here comes the collection plate! :D
You and the ape are 99% alike. Only 1% separate you. A monkey can sign language and the smartest humans can do quantum physics. The rest of us fall somewhere in between. Could you play piano at 4?

Now imagine a species that is 1% smarter than us. Their 4 year olds can do quantum physics

Do you think there is an after life? Yes or No?

Then you haven't been paying attention.
So how do you explain that suddenly around 50,000 years ago humans started an intelligence explosion, after having evolved pretty much zero in the previous millions of years? And if evolution is solely responsible, then in millions of years, will all animals be able to build spaceships and fly them to other planets?
You aren't providing evidence of anything, you're just speculating and musing, interesting though it is.
Yet again, you keep saying there is evidence for your 'theories', whilst presenting none and demanding other people prove negatives, or even prove stuff that they haven't claimed to be for or against. So, where's YOUR EVIDENCE? :)
A sudden intelligence explosion around 50,000 years ago after being dumb for 5 million years.
No other animals on earth have managed to send themselves into space. or are even close, and this, after all life has been on this planet for the same amount of time, yet only managed to produce one species like humans.
People are still getting abducted today and report of being probed with needles and such.

Granted there's no smoking gun (yet), but to me it makes a lot more sense and is way more possible and interesting than some invisible dude in another dimension that nobody's ever seen... and oh! here comes the collection plate! :D
You and the ape are 99% alike. Only 1% separate you. A monkey can sign language and the smartest humans can do quantum physics. The rest of us fall somewhere in between. Could you play piano at 4?

Now imagine a species that is 1% smarter than us. Their 4 year olds can do quantum physics
So you're saying that some humans are ape like and are barely above being able to push buttons for a Pavlovian reward? You must be looking in a mirror. :D

I quoted the other day where the bible says either you will suffer for eternity or you will be in heaven for all eternity after you die. What determines if you suffer or go to heaven?

People reap what they sow.
Just because I don't believe your Jesus stories, did I Sow something wrong?

No, I don't believe the Jesus stories either when they are taken literally like you do. And even though you reject them as false and cite scientific facts about the material universe you have only proven false that which scripture is not about in the same way that anyone could show scientific proof that pigs never could talk or build houses but that would only prove false that which the story is not about.

The only thing you have done wrong is the same exact thing that the religious fundamentalists that you deride as stupid have done wrong.

Scripture was never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people.

So you're saying that some humans are ape like and are barely above being able to push buttons for a Pavlovian reward? You must be looking in a mirror. :D
Im a little smarter than that. I'm smart enough to know I'm not special and that humans are still primitively superstitious

I quoted the other day where the bible says either you will suffer for eternity or you will be in heaven for all eternity after you die. What determines if you suffer or go to heaven?

No, I don't believe the Jesus stories either when they are taken literally like you do. And even though you reject them as false and cite scientific facts about the material universe you have only proven false that which scripture is not about in the same way that anyone could show scientific proof that pigs never could talk or build houses but that would only prove false that which the story is not about.

The only thing you have done wrong is the same exact thing that the religious fundamentalists that you deride as stupid have done wrong.

Oh really? What church preaches that?

You said, "you have only proven false that which scripture is not about."

Huh?

Im a little smarter than that. I'm smart enough to know I'm not special and that humans are still primitively superstitious
Yes, but as time goes on, we're getting smarter and smarter, much faster than normal evolution allows other species. Again, humans have a unique set of genes not found in any other species. How did that get there? Why are we evolving much faster than other species?

Oh really? What church preaches that?

Sadly none. So what.

You should have figured it out on your own the very first time you read the first read the story that begins with a talking serpent when you were in grade school.

Its not like it beyond the reach of even the least intelligent person out there..

Last edited:

Huh?

Simply, its like you trying to prove that the story of Genesis is false because science has discovered that the solar system and the earth as we know it took more than a week to be created but because the story is not about the creation of the solar system, the earth, flora, fauna, or the first humans you have only proven false what scripture is not about..

Huh?

Simply, its like you trying to prove that the story of Genesis is false because science has discovered that the solar system took more than a week to be created but because the story is not about the creation of the solar system, the earth, flora, fauna, or the first humans you have only proven false what scripture is not about..
How did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and then back again?

Huh?

Simply, its like you trying to prove that the story of Genesis is false because science has discovered that the solar system took more than a week to be created but because the story is not about the creation of the solar system, the earth, flora, fauna, or the first humans you have only proven false what scripture is not about..
How did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and then back again?

The animals described that Noah took along were of the ordinary human sort.

Thats why there still are serpents out there trying to deceive people with religious gobbledygook, vultures still picking clean the putrified flesh of the dead, packs of wolves ravaging herds of sheep, swine still can't ruminate, and brown nosed dorks still kissing up to assholes...

Yes, but as time goes on, we're getting smarter and smarter, much faster than normal evolution allows other species. Again, humans have a unique set of genes not found in any other species. How did that get there? Why are we evolving much faster than other species?
Why?

Forum List

Back