Do you think Ross Perot could have changed the fiscal direction of our nation?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I was an idealistic youngster who enthusiastically supported him. At the time I had just been introduced to Rush Limbaugh and was high on fiscal responsibility. His dip in and out of the race likely cost him the election but I still voted for him.

The Budget actually balanced with Clinton in the WH and Newt running Congress. They raised taxes slightly and cut spending slightly, and everything was fine. The economy boomed. If we don't get back to that concept soon we are going to be very sorry.

I was an idealistic youngster who enthusiastically supported him. At the time I had just been introduced to Rush Limbaugh and was high on fiscal responsibility. His dip in and out of the race likely cost him the election but I still voted for him.
Actually, our fiscal direction was going the right way when Clinton left office.

Then came Bush, and deficits started skyrocketing again.

Then the deficits started shrinking with Obama.

Then came Trump, and the deficits are exploding again.

Hmmm...see a pattern?

• Banned
The Budget actually balanced with Clinton in the WH and Newt running Congress. They raised taxes slightly and cut spending slightly, and everything was fine. The economy boomed. If we don't get back to that concept soon we are going to be very sorry.
This is why I don't support Trumps new tax cut proposal.
I want to see us get shit on track while we have a booming economy

No...He would have had to fight the spend-a-holics, in both parties, that ruled the roost back then.
Wasn't Newt in control then? If he drug an unwilling president into a balanced budget what could have been under Perot?
No...Republicans didn't take the HoR until 1994.

And, as Perot pointed out numerous times, the budget was going to fall into balance all by itself by 2002...Neither Gingrich nor Clinton deserve the credit for that either.

• Banned
Actually, our fiscal direction was going the right way when Clinton left office.

Hmmm...see a pattern?
I do. I see a Congress that doesn't give a fuck.

Hmmm...see a pattern?
The budget was on track to balance all by itself by 2002, where entitlement spending was projected to blow the deficits back up again...That was already baked in.

Though Bush exacerbated the problem, he didn't cause it.

Hmmm...see a pattern?
Echoes the population well

Hmmm...see a pattern?
Sad but true

Hmmm...see a pattern?
Sad but true
You see those big black bastards kneeling for the anthem though? That’s my priority.

Hmmm...see a pattern?
Sad but true
You see those big black bastards kneeling for the anthem though? That’s my priority.
More power to ya. I don't like what they're doing but I don't let others dictate my viewing enjoyment.

Hmmm...see a pattern?
Sad but true
More power to ya. I don't like what they're doing but I don't let others dictate my viewing enjoyment.
Then may Trump have mercy on your soul

Sad but true
You're trying too hard bruh

Hmmm...see a pattern?

You’re leaving out context

Hmmm...see a pattern?

You’re leaving out context

But nice democrat talking points.

Sad but true
Pah I haven’t even brought up your gang raping SC justice yet

Hmmm...see a pattern?

Yeah, the Internet Bubble was cool!

Sad but true
Pah I haven’t even brought up your gang raping SC justice yet
Lol

I got a bottle of Makers 46 and Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon casket strength if that will help you

Forum List

Back