Do you think Ross Perot could have changed the fiscal direction of our nation?

I was an idealistic youngster who enthusiastically supported him. At the time I had just been introduced to Rush Limbaugh and was high on fiscal responsibility. His dip in and out of the race likely cost him the election but I still voted for him.
Actually, our fiscal direction was going the right way when Clinton left office.

Then came Bush, and deficits started skyrocketing again.

Then the deficits started shrinking with Obama.

Then came Trump, and the deficits are exploding again.

Hmmm...see a pattern?

I can see a rainbow in your avatar that says you are a faggit!

I was an idealistic youngster who enthusiastically supported him. At the time I had just been introduced to Rush Limbaugh and was high on fiscal responsibility. His dip in and out of the race likely cost him the election but I still voted for him.
Actually, our fiscal direction was going the right way when Clinton left office.

Then came Bush, and deficits started skyrocketing again.

Then the deficits started shrinking with Obama.

Then came Trump, and the deficits are exploding again.

Hmmm...see a pattern?

I can see a rainbow in your avatar that says you are a faggit!
Dunno if he is a queer but he is a well known fraud on the board. One of a half dozen or so that pretend to be conservative or middle of the road but their posting history says otherwise

Perot got rich processing Medicare records for the government. I don't think he actually grokked how he enabled Big Government.

The Budget actually balanced with Clinton in the WH and Newt running Congress. They raised taxes slightly and cut spending slightly, and everything was fine. The economy boomed. If we don't get back to that concept soon we are going to be very sorry.

First of all, Clinton raised taxes in 1993 before Gingrich became Speaker. Economic growth was solid but hardly spectacular in the years immediately following the 1993 tax increase, but the real economic boom occurred in the latter half of the decade, after the 1997 tax cuts and spending cuts:

• cut defense discretionary spending by $77 billion and cut nondefense discretionary spending by $61 billion;
  • “cut” (reduced the growth rate of) Medicare spending by $115 billion;
  • “cut” (reduced the growth rate of) Medicaid spending by $14 billion;
  • cut other mandatory spending by $40 billion;
  • contained new “Presidential
    [spending] initiatives” that increased spending by $31 billion; and
  • cut taxes by a net $85 billion (and a gross $135 billion, $50 billion of which was offset by other tax increases).
The net result of this agreement was $204 billion of net deficit reduction over five years, and a projected balanced budget in 2002, based mostly on the spending cuts. That $204 billion accounts for the deficit-increasing effects of both the reduction in spending and the Republicans’ net tax cuts.

Forum List

Back