Do you think Democrats will take the House in 2018?

Who will have a majority in the House after the 2018 midterms?

• Republicans

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Democrats

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters
The right wing should be taking the heat for that; why do right wingers believe the left will be losing seats in this coming election?

I'm a liberal. I will not vote for anyone in the Democratic Party and the above is why. Perhaps it is easier to digest if the right wing tells you?
Healthcare reform and a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage has been their platform. The right wing cut taxes for the rich.

who is conforming most to rational choice theory?

A platform is meaningless. It's nonbinding. The Democratic Party cares more about the package....what they are selling rather than the product itself. It's running out of steam.
the right wing has even less. tax cuts don't work to create enough growth, or we would not have massive deficits or massive debt. The right wing doesn't care about economics.

Economics is the softest science there is. It's all theory. Do you remember the Dem troll that got ticked off a year and a half ago and basically said undocumented workers were great for the economy and we would all be really unhappy when a new roof cost some $4000 more? That was some awesome crap there.

So, why would anyone put back into power the same group of people that failed to take care of business before? The Democratic Party did a major shift to Wall Street. They are neoliberals. There are those that might put thread after thread after thread up bitching about how the Republicans don't give a damn about working people or the middle class; but the Democratic Party was all about privatizing the post office, telling the unions to get bent, and faux privatization of the education system, interference in other countries to enact neoliberal policies, H1b visas, etc. and so on. The revolving door. They ignored the states.

Here we are 1 year after an election and they have nothing. They still don't get it. But, they are 100% sure that the masses aren't interested in policy.

Everything you're pointing to consists of Third Way/DLC Dems mimicking Republicans.
So you think that the answer is "more Republicans"....yeah sure.

The right wing should be taking the heat for that; why do right wingers believe the left will be losing seats in this coming election?

I'm a liberal. I will not vote for anyone in the Democratic Party and the above is why. Perhaps it is easier to digest if the right wing tells you?
Healthcare reform and a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage has been their platform. The right wing cut taxes for the rich.

A platform is meaningless. It's nonbinding. The Democratic Party cares more about the package....what they are selling rather than the product itself. It's running out of steam.
the right wing has even less. tax cuts don't work to create enough growth, or we would not have massive deficits or massive debt. The right wing doesn't care about economics.

Economics is the softest science there is. It's all theory. Do you remember the Dem troll that got ticked off a year and a half ago and basically said undocumented workers were great for the economy and we would all be really unhappy when a new roof cost some $4000 more? That was some awesome crap there.

So, why would anyone put back into power the same group of people that failed to take care of business before? The Democratic Party did a major shift to Wall Street. They are neoliberals. There are those that might put thread after thread after thread up bitching about how the Republicans don't give a damn about working people or the middle class; but the Democratic Party was all about privatizing the post office, telling the unions to get bent, and faux privatization of the education system, interference in other countries to enact neoliberal policies, H1b visas, etc. and so on. The revolving door. They ignored the states.

Here we are 1 year after an election and they have nothing. They still don't get it. But, they are 100% sure that the masses aren't interested in policy.

Lemme see, I'm guessing you're going to either point to "more Republicans" or "third party" (Maybe Jill Stein?)
The first one ain't gonna happen, the second one has NEVER EVER happened, and that is only because everyone in this country who favors third parties thinks it consists of putting a 3rd party in the White House and then going home.
Jill Stein? Greens? US Greens are a joke. They wake up every 3 1/2 years, fuck with an election, then dry up and turn into a PO Box and an 800 number and hibernate for the next 3 1/2 years, only this last time America learned a painful lesson about Jill.

russia_dinner630.jpg

I don't know that Trump's unpopularity will translate into enough House seats for a Dem majority. I think the Dems will pick up some seats in the House and may win the Senate though.

Uhhh yeah, Dem sweep both chambers, major upset.
Parents tend to notice trends like this:

67227266d1516242486-msnbc-reports-news-trumpnazis-jpg

I don't know that Trump's unpopularity will translate into enough House seats for a Dem majority. I think the Dems will pick up some seats in the House and may win the Senate though.

24 just shy of 75% of the Senate seats up for election are held by Ds. Most of the D incumbent senators would not have won without Obama pulling in more votes in 2012.

If you look at predicted GDP growth/Qtr since the election of Trump the trendline is toward ever higher predicted growth because the numbers keep getting bigger and planned US investment also keeps getting bigger.

That combination plus the strong possibility of one or more Blue states going into bond default makes loss of the senate highly unlikely.

On the other hand roughly 30 GOP representatives could be held by accountable by their constituents for the tax deduction caps and that makes gerrymandering worthless

The Democrats are likely to take the House. The problem will be suburban districts. Republicans were routed in the Virginia house of Delegates. Even in Alabama, Republicans only won the suburbs by 4 points. The Democrats have done a good job of recruiting decent candidates to run. They don't have to stand for anything. Republicans didn't run on anything but opposition to Obama. That didn't hurt them in taking the House. Republicans have constantly appealed to the 30% and sometimes even less support for what Republicans have done or tried to do.

1. Republicans tried to kick poor people off of health insurance and force premiums much higher for older Americans and people with pre-existing conditions.
2. The tax bill left intact numerous loopholes for the rich including 1 that enriches Paul Ryan, Bob Corker, and Donald Trump.
3. Republicans have lurched too far to the right in repealing regulations. Something like net neutrality will be easy to explain. Treat all data equally.
Republicans have something to run on --> The continuation of Trumps agenda.

Then they are doomed. Americans disapprove of Trump's job performance on nearly every issue.
Only in Liberal polls.
Polls done by phone doesn't reach Trumps base.

The trouble is that Fox News is a part of state run media under Trump. The numbers they are finding are as bad as what other pollsters are finding. Is it that Trump voters don't know how to use a phone?
Conservatives, business men, do not answer the phone if they don't recognize who is calling on caller id. Their businesses employees are instructed not to allow solicitation calls or pollsters through. You can't reach them unless you poll them on an Internet site they visit.

You really want to believe that. Unrealistic fools are not long for this world.

24 just shy of 75% of the Senate seats up for election are held by Ds. Most of the D incumbent senators would not have won without Obama pulling in more votes in 2012.

If you look at predicted GDP growth/Qtr since the election of Trump the trendline is toward ever higher predicted growth because the numbers keep getting bigger and planned US investment also keeps getting bigger.

That combination plus the strong possibility of one or more Blue states going into bond default makes loss of the senate highly unlikely.

On the other hand roughly 30 GOP representatives could be held by accountable by their constituents for the tax deduction caps and that makes gerrymandering worthless

I would disagree on the Senate. There are 5 Senate seats at play at this time. Arizona, Tennessee and Nevada for the Republicans and Missouri and Indiana for the Republicans. The Republicans have no margin for error.

Suburban House seats are the danger for Republicans. In Virginia, the Republican losses in the race for Governor and the House of Delegates centered on the suburbs. Gerrymandering will likely not be a determining factor.

bear513, post: 19074432
How you stupid fuck when only 8 seats up for Republicans in the Senate?

You responded to a poster predicting a sweep in the midterm election in the House and Senate.

It sure looks like Trump will give the
Dems what they need to 'win' both chambers. I don't think a 'sweep' is coming, but a sweep is easily possible.

Why you called the poster a 'stupid fuck' needs an explanation you SF. A real SF.

Probably because I don't like people talking out of their butts and not dealing with facts in the Senate , 8 vs 24 Democrats I know the Democrats will at least lose two Senate seats and the Democrats won't pick up four out of 8

Once again the Senate map...where are they going to get the four out of 8?

View attachment 171772

I don't see that. Missouri and Indiana are dead heats. Then you add Nevada, Arizona and Tennessee.

Say what..look at this map 24 Democrats are up for election compared to just 8 Republicans..

Tell me what states you think a Democrat will win in a red state for Senate

Nevada and Arizona. Done.

You going to need four , Montana, north Dakota and Michigan will flip

Not happening. The top 2 Republicans have passed on a Senate race in Montana. In ND, the top Republican challenger passed on a run to spend more time with his family. In Michigan, they don't have a challenger.

"Privatizing the Post Office"

darrell issa privatizing the post office - Google Search

Darrell Issa, the secret Democrat?

Darrell Issa, the car thief, is a Republican. He is a flat out evil doer. That's entirely too easy.

It started with the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 which definitely had bipartisan support and eventually passed the senate unanimously. That's why there was such a failure to correct the conditions that led to the manufactured crisis with the Post Office. Specifically-prefunding the Postal Service Retiree Health Benefit Fund.

Indeed, they reframed the argument.

Obama appointed Patrick Donahoe. I don't know if you are familiar with him or his initiatives but that is where the fun really began.

It's a pretty sweet deal the Democratic Party and the Republican Party has. Keep people pointing fingers at the other team and baffling people with bullshit.

Everything you're pointing to consists of Third Way/DLC Dems mimicking Republicans.

I think the answer is to ask better questions and demand better answers. They are neoliberals. You demand nothing and that is what you get in return. Right now, the tail is wagging the dog.

Last edited:

I would disagree on the Senate. There are 5 Senate seats at play at this time. Arizona, Tennessee and Nevada for the Republicans and Missouri and Indiana for the Republicans. The Republicans have no margin for error.

Suburban House seats are the danger for Republicans. In Virginia, the Republican losses in the race for Governor and the House of Delegates centered on the suburbs. Gerrymandering will likely not be a determining factor.

There is also a strong possibility that John McCains seat will come up

I think the answer is to ask better questions and demand better answers. They are neoliberals. You demand nothing and that is what you get in return. Right now, the tail is wagging the dog.

the tail isn't wagging much because the old model no longer works.

You know, within a few months there will be an influx of a few people selling one party or the other. The longer we are unable to converse the easier it is to maintain division.

Neither do traditional polling models work anymore.
That's why the LIB media ended up looking like idiots. They still believe the obsolete polling models b/c those polls tell them what they desperately want to hear.
They are in for another election night DEM massacre this year.

Forum List

Back