Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
You fail badly in the flame zone, but you take fail to an epic level here MeBellySize60. GTFO idiot, others are trying to have a discussion,..

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NO, you are trying to drive an agenda, not have a discussion. Pretend all you want. This sucker should go to rubber room.

On the way there here is some reading and studying for you to do:

MILLER: The gun-show loophole myth - Washington Times
The “gun-show loophole” is an exaggeration designed to foster the false impression that this is how the bad guys acquire firearms. A 2001 Justice Department survey found 0.7 percent of state and federal prison inmates bought their weapons at a gun show.
Gun shows aren’t the equivalent of the Wild West. The vast majority of vendors at the shows are fully licensed dealers who must run the FBI check at the time of sale. What the gun grabbers are really after are transactions between private individuals trading or selling their personal property.
And if you have some free time over the next few weeks, stop on by and see what these really are.

2013 California Gun Shows - California Gun Show

Need something Father/Daughter to do around Father's day?

National Take Your Daughter to the Range Day (NTYDTTRD) ? Jun 15, 2013!

You know when you're hanging out at the bar, having a good time, and there is that person that is completely drunk, spewing a bunch of nonsense, yet thinks they are a professor of all knowledge?

They say "I'll :hick!: be rirrrght back!" when they making a stumbling attempt for the door, while the rest of the group is a having a conversation, yet shaking their heads at them stumbling towards the door.

The conversation keeps on going until a disgusting sound of puking is heard by all, when they look in disgust toward the door, they see that person stumbling in, kicking over chairs and stating, "i'z got yuz dumb!" at that ongoing conversation that they interrupted?

Yeah, that's you.

OK! That load of attempted insults you just posted is on topic how? OOOPPPSSS TOS!!!!

How does insulting people affect your agenda? Badly.
How does your 'not discussing' your 'OP' make you look? Foolish.

A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

There is no such thing as a 'gun show loophole'. :eusa_angel:

Black said:
A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcase would not go to a gun show to buy a gun, they would get one off the streets.

Really? Why?? Can you spot these people??? What gives them away, their robe? Their scythe??

fvfI8Ti.jpg

It's called Compromise bud. The Only Requirements to get said license in my world would be no Felony Record, and no History of Mental Illness. Said license would not be per gun, but just per person. So it would not create some registry of every gun everyone owns. It would simply try and assure the Mentally Ill, and Felons are not able to legally buy a gun.

That is a reasonable Compromise that should end this debate if you ask me. Now you and I know that it will not stop Criminals from getting guns, But the lefties think it will, and they are not going to shut up about it anytime soon.

:)

Just when I thought you were another ultra-right wing hack, you post an honest, and intelligent post.
The first from any right winger on this thread! :clap2:

Perhaps your problem is you think in terms of only Left or Only Right :)

Would you still be so "reasonable" if your side hadn't been losing so many "fights" lately?

Regardless, I applaud your common sense - on this issue.

Just when I thought you were another ultra-right wing hack, you post an honest, and intelligent post.
The first from any right winger on this thread! :clap2:

Perhaps your problem is you think in terms of only Left or Only Right :)

Would you still be so "reasonable" if your side hadn't been losing so many "fights" lately?

Regardless, I applaud your common sense - on this issue.

:cuckoo:
Where does he support closing the "gun show loop hole"??

You know when you're hanging out at the bar, having a good time, and there is that person that is completely drunk, spewing a bunch of nonsense, yet thinks they are a professor of all knowledge?

They say "I'll :hick!: be rirrrght back!" when they making a stumbling attempt for the door, while the rest of the group is a having a conversation, yet shaking their heads at them stumbling towards the door.

The conversation keeps on going until a disgusting sound of puking is heard by all, when they look in disgust toward the door, they see that person stumbling in, kicking over chairs and stating, "i'z got yuz dumb!" at that ongoing conversation that they interrupted?

Yeah, that's you.

OK! That load of attempted insults you just posted is on topic how? OOOPPPSSS TOS!!!!

A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

At this point is when the bar is closing up, the idiot is still spewing nonsense while the bartender is giving the group the "Get this idiot out of here" look, in which the group puts the idiot into their car, drives them home, and once the fool steps out of the car, say "Do you know you have chunks still on your shoes?"
When the idiot looks down, they peel out of there as fast as they can.

You know that idiot? yes, that was you, again.

Now back to the topic,...

Did you forget the topic? Insult is all you can do!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/277759-do-you-support-the-gun-show-loophole.html#post6793763

There's your topic!

There is no such thing as a 'gun show loop hole' as you claim in your OP!

This issue isn't even universal background checks, because it only involves gun shows. You may notice like I did that the opinions are a complete yes or no pertaining to whether a background check should be required for all sales at gun shows.

I'm going to examine the people who said no. I noticed many pointed out that the issue was a non-issue, so it makes someone wonder why no to a non-issue is of so much importance to the person opposing a background check at a gun show.

My question to all the nayers is what is to prevent me paying my $150 for a booth at a gun show and making money by not giving background checks? If I can pass a background check, why can't I purchase a gun at the gun show and resell it to someone without a background check? For that matter, what is to prevent a licensed dealer setting up someone who isn't a licensed dealer to sell firearms without a background check at a premium price?

If you don't think these private sales are an important issue, why do you oppose a background check? Couldn't they just set up an area at a gun show to do background checks and require it being done before a private sale can be accomplished? Let me spell it out to you! Somebody wants to buy a gun for a price from a private person, but before it can be sold, they have to go to an area, pay a fee and get a background check done. It's possible a licensed dealer at the gun show may want to do it for the fees to give him a steady cash stream independent of sales. The person is handed paperwork that they passed the background check and uses it to buy the gun. Let's also say a private person takes a gun to a gun show to sell it. They could put the gun on display with someone at the gun show and get them to sell it in a way that includes a background check.

At this point is when the bar is closing up, the idiot is still spewing nonsense while the bartender is giving the group the "Get this idiot out of here" look, in which the group puts the idiot into their car, drives them home, and once the fool steps out of the car, say "Do you know you have chunks still on your shoes?"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/277759-do-you-support-the-gun-show-loophole.html#post6793763

There's your topic!

Anyone, including 'violent thugs fresh out of the penitentiary, terrorists, or nutcases' can go to a gun show and buy weapons from a 'private' seller without submitting to a background check. THAT is a loophole.

There's your topic!

Anyone, including 'violent thugs fresh out of the penitentiary, terrorists, or nutcases' can go to a gun show and buy weapons from a 'private' seller without submitting to a background check. THAT is a loophole.

What's the title of the thread??

It's been fun, but I must depart this hate fest!

Last edited:
:cuckoo:
Where does he support closing the "gun show loop hole"??

But, but, but...you said the is no 'gun show loophole'...:cuckoo:

Indeed, I and most other's, did.
Care to explain Charles supports the 'gun show loop hole"?

You messed up big time when you attributed the OP to me, it's OK to admit you made a mistake. Not attack me for it.

OOPS! Did I curse at you or call you names in the neg rep I gave you? NO! I gave you the link to the OP.

OH no the dreaded C word in a PM-Guess where that goes?

I didn't attribute the OP to you. Now what? An apology? A pos rep??

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

No should be allowed to buy a gun at a gun show.

Explain, in detail and with links to sources, EXACTLY how me buying a pistol from a dealer at a gun show is any different from buying the same pistol from the same dealer at a store. Be specific.

This issue isn't even universal background checks, because it only involves gun shows. You may notice like I did that the opinions are a complete yes or no pertaining to whether a background check should be required for all sales at gun shows.

I'm going to examine the people who said no. I noticed many pointed out that the issue was a non-issue, so it makes someone wonder why no to a non-issue is of so much importance to the person opposing a background check at a gun show.

My question to all the nayers is what is to prevent me paying my $150 for a booth at a gun show and making money by not giving background checks? If I can pass a background check, why can't I purchase a gun at the gun show and resell it to someone without a background check? For that matter, what is to prevent a licensed dealer setting up someone who isn't a licensed dealer to sell firearms without a background check at a premium price?

Because that is not legal.

If you don't think these private sales are an important issue, why do you oppose a background check?

Because it's a ridiculous idea, not to mention an unenforceable law.

Couldn't they just set up an area at a gun show to do background checks and require it being done before a private sale can be accomplished? Let me spell it out to you! Somebody wants to buy a gun for a price from a private person, but before it can be sold, they have to go to an area, pay a fee and get a background check done. It's possible a licensed dealer at the gun show may want to do it for the fees to give him a steady cash stream independent of sales. The person is handed paperwork that they passed the background check and uses it to buy the gun. Let's also say a private person takes a gun to a gun show to sell it. They could put the gun on display with someone at the gun show and get them to sell it in a way that includes a background check.

More likely: the dude that wants a gun just looks on Craigslist.

There is no "gun show loophole", it's bull shit made up by the left and the MSM. It doesn't exist.

Everyone, even the private sales undergo a background check? Do explain :eusa_think:

Most private sales are completed between friends, if you don't know your friends background you're a stupid son of a bitch.,

If you buy a gun from ANYONE, you should be required to undergo a background check.

I mean.................you have to liscence your car to run it on the roads, right?

ok buffoon, describe what a background check takes and how much it costs.

Then explain how a local will go about doing this.

Then apologies for supporting tyranny over freedom

There is no "gun show loophole", it's bull shit made up by the left and the MSM. It doesn't exist.

Everyone, even the private sales undergo a background check? Do explain :eusa_think:

Most private sales are completed between friends, if you don't know your friends background you're a stupid son of a bitch.,

Which don't require any kind of background check, correct bigreb?

Also I'd love to see the link proving that most sales are between friends, otherwise I'd hate to think you are a lying sack of shit,...

Last edited:

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.
You're either a stone liar or completely ignorant...My bet is on the former.

95+% of the sellers of weapons at gun shows are federally licensed dealers, who are required to run background checks no matter where they sell their guns.

Fucking lying sack of shit.

I support freedom, warts and all.

All tyranny gets us is these same people getting the same guns, cheaper, on the black market.

Not that I think any liberal is smart enough to understand this undeniable fact.

Best thing about that post, aside form 4 reps and lots of :2ups:

The leftist couldn't respond to the undeniable facts.

mmmm, sweet like cahndy

Forum List

Back