Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
Once again, posting links is not making an argument, nor does it add content to the thread.

The title speaks for itself. It's there for those who wish to read it...

It does not.

Let me explain why.

1. Anyone that wants a clear conscious can already sell his gun to a dealer, or turn it into the police to be destroyed. Thus the first point it an outright lie.
  2. If background checks prevented people who are mentally ill from getting weapons Domer would not have any weapons. He is, quite obviously, mentally ill, yet he managed to purchase guns in California after undergoing extensive background checks. He was even a cop, even though he is crazy.
  3. This is only an opinion. I have to admit that it seems that anecdotal evidence supports it, but it is still an opinion. On top of that, it is irrelevant, because private sales are not businesses.
  4. This is not a reason, and it is also incorrect. Even the Supreme Court has ruled that background checks actually do infringe on the 2nd Amendment, they just ruled that it is a reasonable infringement.
  5. It tends to keep the bad guys away? How many bad guys are at gun shows in the first place? How do you define bad guy?
Not only does the title not speak for itself, reading it actually proves that the author wrote stuff that contradicted the title, managed to find people that don't understand the law, and provably pulled a few of them out of his ass.

That's funny...

A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

No I do not. I think you should need a license to own guns. The Back Ground check should be done then, and then you could just carry your License into the Shows to buy guns with out the Sellers having to do Back Ground checks.

Not very right wing of me I know, sorry to disappoint lol.

But it is rational. You need a license to drive a car. Just so long as it's not used to try and make it unaffordable to own a gun, and only as a way to make sure the Mentally Ill, and people we Felony Records are not able to buy them.

If you want to argue that anyone who wants to use a gun in public, ie CCW permit holders, police, and security guards, should be licensed before they are allowed to do so, I might go along with that. I see no reason to require a person that has no intention of using a gun in public to defend his right to protect himself and his family.

Another right winger already pulled this BS on the first page. This topic is asking the question if you support the "gun show loophole" which allows the private sale of firearms to people without a background check.

It's a simple yes or no,...

There is no gun show loophole.

In other words, you support letting felons and gang bangers to acquire weapons with no questions asked. Thanks for clarifying :up:

Let me guess, I am supposed to be so upset by this that I will immediately drop my insistence that there is no gun show loophole.

How about I try out my own strawman argument instead.

You support women getting raped because you refuse to let them buy guns from friends when they need them.

A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

No I do not. I think you should need a license to own guns. The Back Ground check should be done then, and then you could just carry your License into the Shows to buy guns with out the Sellers having to do Back Ground checks.

But it is rational. You need a license to drive a car. Just so long as it's not used to try and make it unaffordable to own a gun, and only as a way to make sure the Mentally Ill, and people we Felony Records are not able to buy them.

If you want to argue that anyone who wants to use a gun in public, ie CCW permit holders, police, and security guards, should be licensed before they are allowed to do so, I might go along with that. I see no reason to require a person that has no intention of using a gun in public to defend his right to protect himself and his family.

It's called Compromise bud. The Only Requirements to get said license in my world would be no Felony Record, and no History of Mental Illness. Said license would not be per gun, but just per person. So it would not create some registry of every gun everyone owns. It would simply try and assure the Mentally Ill, and Felons are not able to legally buy a gun.

That is a reasonable Compromise that should end this debate if you ask me. Now you and I know that it will not stop Criminals from getting guns, But the lefties think it will, and they are not going to shut up about it anytime soon.

:)

It's called Compromise bud. The Only Requirements to get said license in my world would be no Felony Record, and no History of Mental Illness. Said license would not be per gun, but just per person. So it would not create some registry of every gun everyone owns. It would simply try and assure the Mentally Ill, and Felons are not able to legally buy a gun.

That is a reasonable Compromise that should end this debate if you ask me. Now you and I know that it will not stop Criminals from getting guns, But the lefties think it will, and they are not going to shut up about it anytime soon.

I see no reason to compromise with anyone that wants to lock me in a cage.

When you are pinned in the corner with no where to go, it's OK to use your common sense on what your actual stances are, and not the ultra-right wing views the propaganda machine tries to brainwashed you with,..

Last edited:

I own a handful of guns Including an AR15 that I will not give up even if they say I have to, I am fully Pro Second. I just think Compromise now, or lose bigger later. If you have not noticed we are losing a lot of fights lately lol.

It's a "loophole" in the sense that private sellers can sell at gun shows without performing background checks. Hence, "gun show loophole"...

it's called compromise bud. The only requirements to get said license in my world would be no felony record, and no history of mental illness. Said license would not be per gun, but just per person. So it would not create some registry of every gun everyone owns. It would simply try and assure the mentally ill, and felons are not able to legally buy a gun.

That is a reasonable compromise that should end this debate if you ask me. Now you and i know that it will not stop criminals from getting guns, but the lefties think it will, and they are not going to shut up about it anytime soon.

i see no reason to compromise with anyone that wants to lock me in a cage.

i own a handful of guns including an ar15 that i will not give up even if they say i have to, i am fully pro second. i just think compromise now, or lose bigger later. if you have not noticed we are losing a lot of fights lately lol.

Exactly.

Just when I thought you were another ultra-right wing hack, you post an honest, and intelligent post.
The first from any right winger on this thread! :clap2:

Why does someone who claims to be black support the racist agenda of gun control?

omg​

You don't get to change the goal posts when you are losing the game.

Original OP:​

A gun show does not equal a private sale does not equal licensed dealers!

Understand now?

You fail badly in the flame zone, but you take fail to an epic level here MeBellySize60. GTFO idiot, others are trying to have a discussion,..

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NO, you are trying to drive an agenda, not have a discussion. Pretend all you want. This sucker should go to rubber room.

On the way there here is some reading and studying for you to do:

MILLER: The gun-show loophole myth - Washington Times
The “gun-show loophole” is an exaggeration designed to foster the false impression that this is how the bad guys acquire firearms. A 2001 Justice Department survey found 0.7 percent of state and federal prison inmates bought their weapons at a gun show.
Gun shows aren’t the equivalent of the Wild West. The vast majority of vendors at the shows are fully licensed dealers who must run the FBI check at the time of sale. What the gun grabbers are really after are transactions between private individuals trading or selling their personal property.
And if you have some free time over the next few weeks, stop on by and see what these really are.

2013 California Gun Shows - California Gun Show

Need something Father/Daughter to do around Father's day?

National Take Your Daughter to the Range Day (NTYDTTRD) ? Jun 15, 2013!

You know when you're hanging out at the bar, having a good time, and there is that person that is completely drunk, spewing a bunch of nonsense, yet thinks they are a professor of all knowledge?

They say "I'll :hick!: be rirrrght back!" when they making a stumbling attempt for the door, while the rest of the group is a having a conversation, yet shaking their heads at them stumbling towards the door.

The conversation keeps on going until a disgusting sound of puking is heard by all, when they look in disgust toward the door, they see that person stumbling in, kicking over chairs and stating, "i'z got yuz dumb!" at that ongoing conversation that they interrupted?

Yeah, that's you.

Last edited:

No should be allowed to buy a gun at a gun show.

No should be allowed to buy a gun at a gun show.

I quite agree...

for their safety, people should be kept in tightly-controlled boxes from the moment they're born 'til the moment they die...

at which point their remains can be placed in another box...

Just when I thought you were another ultra-right wing hack, you post an honest, and intelligent post.
The first from any right winger on this thread! :clap2:

Perhaps your problem is you think in terms of only Left or Only Right :)

Forum List

Back