Do you support people who hear voices telling them to kill being allowed to keep their guns?

Ok that too
Frankly I don't have a lot of faith in identifying these psychos when we see that one told everyone he was crazy, threatened to carry out unspeakable acts, and was free to do so.

At what point does a person's internal dialog become "voices in the head"? We all maintain an internal dialogs as part of the decision making process. So where the line that should be drawn between what is perfectly normal, and that which is abnormal?

Therein lies the problem with locking people up.

Removing their guns however is less egregious.

People do just fine without guns. In fact most people don’t own them

Wrong.
Over half the people are armed, and trying to take them is a sore way to cause death of someone.

Turbocharge the Probation Departments and do Searches of Felons Abodes , put teeth into Restraining orders and ability to Take Firearms .

The actual question is if people who are simply diagnosed as mentally ill retain their rights, or not?

The anti gun left widely holds the premise that those who have been diagnosed mentally ill are too dangerous to themselves and others to have a gun.
However true that may be, if these people are indeed that dangerous, then they are, necessarily, that dangerous to themselves and others, period, and should be taken into custody for the same reason they should be kept away from guns.

Should that be the case?
Why not?
If I ever start hearing voices in my head telling me to use my firearms to kill others, I will get rid of my firearms.

Frankly I don't have a lot of faith in identifying these psychos when we see that one told everyone he was crazy, threatened to carry out unspeakable acts, and was free to do so.
The problem is we only see the one. Behind that one there are a thousand others that did nothing.

But because that one makes the news everyone wants to remove the rights of all of them.

At what point does a person's internal dialog become "voices in the head"? We all maintain an internal dialogs as part of the decision making process. So where the line that should be drawn between what is perfectly normal, and that which is abnormal?
When you disassociate the voice with you.

This is not all that complex, there is a reason the phrase is voices in your head and not your voice in your head. The crazy part is when you disassociate the voice.

Crazy people almost never know they are crazy.
That is very true...It is up to their closest family and friends to look out for them, NOT the governments...Besides, let's say we do something on guns...Break the Constitution to do it. Then what about knives, Hammers, screwdrivers, Jack handles, Rocks? We gonna ban them too?

The actual question is if people who are simply diagnosed as mentally ill retain their rights, or not?

The anti gun left widely holds the premise that those who have been diagnosed mentally ill are too dangerous to themselves and others to have a gun.
However true that may be, if these people are indeed that dangerous, then they are, necessarily, that dangerous to themselves and others, period, and should be taken into custody for the same reason they should be kept away from guns.

Should that be the case?
Why not?

Nope……the anti-gun left/democrats who make up the psychiatric associations and professional groups will waste no time declaring any mental health issue as a reason to grab guns…they are already doing this it’s military veterans.

The guy generating this question was an actual threat, having not just a general mental health condition but by making actual threats of murdering people….which we know he followed through on.

And the internet today provides insight…

There is only a tiny minority of mentally ill people who are dangerous to others….as actual mental health professionals will tell us…….but those who are dangerous to others can’t and rarely hide it from the public….,,

Keep in mind the shooter committed himself and tried to get help and they failed him and his vicTim’s…

Then there are these mentally I’ll who are violent and dangerous and should be kept in custody….

Sabir Jones, a 39-year-old “homeless” man from Newark walked, into the busy Fifth Avenue/53rd Street station in midtown Manhattan around noon on October 18. Without provocation, Jones approached a 26-year-old man getting off an E train. Jones punched him in the face, breaking his jaw. Jones then walked up to an unsuspecting 30-year-old woman who had stepped off an F train. He violently shoved her head into the side of the departing train and she tumbled onto the tracks. Passersby jumped down to get her out before another train arrived. She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she underwent emergency brain surgery. A “a significant portion” of her skull was removed. Even if she survives, she will never again have a normal life.

Jones was quickly identified because he was “known to” police. He was arrested in Newark the following day.

Last July, Jones punched a random 65-year-old woman twice in the back at another busy station. A few months earlier, Jones was “connected” to an incident involving threats to a business in the Lower East Side. Jones also had two “emotionally disturbed person” incidents there. Last December, Jones was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest when he refused to stop riding between subway cars on a J train in Brooklyn.

Jones also had at least 40 criminal cases on the New Jersey side of the Hudson River during the past 12 years. Those charges included aggravated assault, terroristic threats, theft, forgery, weapons possession, drug, assault, and sex crimes.

Dangerous mentally ill need to be in custody not roaming the streets…but they show us they are dangerous……

We do not give more power to the left to start grabbing Rights and guns from citizens.

Nope.

It is still removing a right without the protections and recourse that exist within a legal structure rather than a medical one. Nor does it deal with the stigmatization that comes with leveling penalties that are normally reserved for criminal activity for simply seeking help.
So we just live with crazy people having assault rifles then…

Harmless my ass. More insane asylums need to be built, that do not let you out.

It's not even a question. Most crazy people are in fact harmless, stop being a stupid twat. Murderers are a tiny percentage of them.

Anyway, my point was open your eyes, Democrats are using the government to shut down their political opposition, they want a one party system and are using government power to get it. That's a whole lot scarier than the crazy people running around. Stop being so trusting, we're in a lot of trouble and heading for a one party system, that would be our end.

If you still don't get it, focus on this. Someone needs to decide WHO is crazy and a threat. I don't trust Democrats to do that, they are deciding Republicans are crazy and a threat. How do you possibly not see that?

And it’s no imposition for people like that to have their guns taken away.

They’ll be just fine and probably a lot safer

If we do what we do now and take guns for mental health issues they will be safer than they are now since we take their guns for mental health issues.

WTF?

Forum List

Back