Do you support people who hear voices telling them to kill being allowed to keep their guns?

So we just live with crazy people having assault rifles then…

Nope......but of the population, they are a tiny number, the mentally ill who are dangerous, and they don't keep quiet about, like the guy in Maine.....

If I hear voices in my head telling me to kill people I will know damn well I am nuts.
lol.

The simple fact is that you likely would not. And that IS a fact, no matter how arrogant and amazing you think you are you really are not any different than the other 7 billion people on this planet. And the vast majority of people experiencing sever psychoses do not know they are psychotic without direct intervention of a medical professional.

That is the very nature of mental illness, it is your mental faculties that you use to determine reality in the first place and when they are damaged or not functioning properly your grip on reality is diminished.

So we just live with crazy people having assault rifles then…
And knives. And cars. And fertilizer. And on and on.

By stigmatizing it you are not removing the guns from the hands of crazy people as well. Instead you are harming the vast majority of peaceful crazy people but secluding the worst from treatment to begin with. The problem here is not access to anything to begin with, it is a lack of access to real treatment and coherent means of getting them to it.

Fix that and we MIGHT be able to talk about removing rights. With what we have now, I see nothing more than an appeal to emotion with broad irrelevant assertions. 'So we just live with crazy people having assault rifles' is not a point. It is an unspecific disingenuous statement.

lol.

The simple fact is that you likely would not. And that IS a fact, no matter how arrogant and amazing you think you are you really are not any different than the other 7 billion people on this planet. And the vast majority of people experiencing sever psychoses do not know they are psychotic without direct intervention of a medical professional.

That is the very nature of mental illness, it is your mental faculties that you use to determine reality in the first place and when they are damaged or not functioning properly your grip on reality is diminished.
I have never heard voices in my brain telling me to do anything. As I said, if I do I will assume I am insane. I may be arrogant but I have made it 77 years so far without any voices in my brain. Maybe if I make it to 90 or 100 and develop Alzheimer’s the voices may start but I would not be mentally all there to begin with (Just like Joe Biden).

I have never heard voices in my brain telling me to do anything. As I said, if I do I will assume I am insane. I may be arrogant but I have made it 77 years so far without any voices in my brain. Maybe if I make it to 90 or 100 and develop Alzheimer’s the voices may start but I would not be mentally all there to begin with (Just like Joe Biden).
What makes you think you are the issue?

And knives. And cars. And fertilizer. And on and on.

By stigmatizing it you are not removing the guns from the hands of crazy people as well. Instead you are harming the vast majority of peaceful crazy people but secluding the worst from treatment to begin with. The problem here is not access to anything to begin with, it is a lack of access to real treatment and coherent means of getting them to it.

Fix that and we MIGHT be able to talk about removing rights. With what we have now, I see nothing more than an appeal to emotion with broad irrelevant assertions. 'So we just live with crazy people having assault rifles' is not a point. It is an unspecific disingenuous statement.
Fix the gun problem and all the rest get so much less dangerous

What makes you think you are the issue?
I don’t feel I am the issue at all. I don’t hear voices in my brain and if I start to and they tell me to start killing people, I would get rid of my firearms.

I don’t feel I am the issue at all. I don’t hear voices in my brain and if I start to and they tell me to start killing people, I would get rid of my firearms.
No one care about you. Why com on like that?

No one care about you. Why com on like that?
I agree, No one should care about me. I am sane and honest and I own firearms. I am not the problem.

Far too many anti-gun people believe you have to be insane to want to own a firearm unless you have a damn good reason.

I agree, No one should care about me. I am sane and honest and I own firearms. I am not the problem.

Far too many anti-gun people believe you have to be insane to want to own a firearm unless you have a damn good reason.
And yet here you are wasting bandwidth

And hammers, baseball bats, pipe bombs, poison, knives, compound bows, clubs, gasoline, tazers, ………..
Tally up all murders caused by those things and compare them to gun deaths

That's not the issue at hand here.

If these people are indeed -that- dangerous, why should they not be taken into custody, for the same reason they should be kept away from guns?
Because gun grabbing libs are lazy and its more trouble to lock up citizens

Fix the gun problem and all the rest get so much less dangerous
No, they don't. You can assert that but that is all it is, a bald assed assertion that is based on a broad claim that allowing doctors to infringe on peoples rights will even 'fix' the gun problem to begin with. An assertion based on an assertion backed up by yet another assertion.

And yet here you are wasting bandwidth
And here you are trying to come up with a scheme to make gun ownership harder. Next you will propose every gun owner needs to pass a mental health test.

Forum List

Back