Do you support people who hear voices telling them to kill being allowed to keep their guns?

The actual question is if people who are simply diagnosed as mentally ill retain their rights, or not?

The anti gun left widely holds the premise that those who have been diagnosed mentally ill are too dangerous to themselves and others to have a gun.
However true that may be, if these people are indeed that dangerous, then they are, necessarily, that dangerous to themselves and others, period, and should be taken into custody for the same reason they should be kept away from guns.

Should that be the case?
Why not?
So your solution is to make it as easy as possible for them to have guns?

Yeah

Problem is there are WAY too many crazy people to implement that. Fortunately most of them are harmless
And it’s no imposition for people like that to have their guns taken away.

They’ll be just fine and probably a lot safer

If you're too much of a criminal, too much of a dopehead or too much of a crazy person to own a gun you shouldn't even be allowed to walk the streets.

Crazy people shouldn't own guns or allowed to roam streets.
The question is what threshold do you place on determinig who is 'crazy.'

And doctor with any diagnosis? Any court oversight? How do you get your rights back? If a doctor decides you are 'crazy' are you permanently confined without any recourse?

Saying crazy people should be removed from the public is easy. Actually putting a policy in place that does so is much more challenging.

The question is what threshold do you place on determinig who is 'crazy.'

And doctor with any diagnosis? Any court oversight? How do you get your rights back? If a doctor decides you are 'crazy' are you permanently confined without any recourse?

Saying crazy people should be removed from the public is easy. Actually putting a policy in place that does so is much more challenging.
Therein lies the problem with locking people up.

Removing their guns however is less egregious.

People do just fine without guns. In fact most people don’t own them

Yea, we can't let them get our guns, no matter if we have been diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic, cause what do those crazy doctors know? They are all anti-gun liberals and most have been indoctrinated at those Ivy League and other leftist institutions.

Boom! And there you have it.

Of course it all stems from the lack of trust in institutions/professions where they have been take over by the left.....The mental health industry is a prime example.

Where do mostly sane people go when they might need some mental health advice to help them or their's through a rough patch? :dunno:
Cali passed a law that if parents don't let their kids trans then they state can take their kids away from them.

Yea, we can't let them get our guns, no matter if we have been diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic, cause what do those crazy doctors know? They are all anti-gun liberals and most have been indoctrinated at those Ivy League and other leftist institutions.
All Dems are schizo, that's a fact, so turn in your guns. Good to go right?

I wonder how quickly they will diagnose someone as 'mentally ill' if they know the state will take them into custody.
It worked quite well for the USSR. Anyone who disagreed with the government’s official position was obviously insane and institutionalized.

Therein lies the problem with locking people up.

Removing their guns however is less egregious.

People do just fine without guns. In fact most people don’t own them
Nope.

It is still removing a right without the protections and recourse that exist within a legal structure rather than a medical one. Nor does it deal with the stigmatization that comes with leveling penalties that are normally reserved for criminal activity for simply seeking help.

Put the crazy fucker in a bullet proof cage with his guns and a little speaker hidden telling him to off himself. Let nature take its course.

Don't take the chance. Confiscate their weapons.

I consider myself one of the most Conservative people in this forum and I firmly believe there are way too many guns in the wrong hands in this Country.

And, yes Virginia. dimocraps caused it. Because, everything wrong in this Country, everything bad that's ever happened in this Country can almost always be traced to dimocraps. It's just a fact.

The Rapist, Clinton, was watching his poll numbers decline during his first term so he started talking about guns. Mostly, 'Assault Rifles' and Hi-Cap magazines.

Before then, nobody paid any attention to them. Nobody cared. But when the scumbag rapist Clinton started talking about banning them, everybody had to run out and get one.

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember but nobody back before The Rapist came to office gave a shit about having an "Assault Rifle'.

Now, it's almost like a cult following. Everybody's got one and -- I can tell you from experience, most of them shouldn't be near anything more deadly than a Cap gun.

But how do we stop it?

First thing is to get dimocrap scum to stop talking about it.

They want to TAKE guns away from people and that is just simply stupid. It ain't gonna happen. Not in this Country. Australia? Sure, nobody cares about those nutcases anyway. But it just isn't going to happen here. No way, no how.

Get dimocrap scum to stop talking about -- Well, anything. Everything they touch they turn to shit.

In fact, I'd bet their personal lives match their politics. They're just fuck-ups. And one thing we know about stupid is, it's in everything. People aren't just stupid abut one thing

Trying to confiscate guns is illegal and highly dangerous.
If they are dangerous, you take them into custody.

I say a Piss Test with EVERY 4473 Form ( Looking specifically for SSRIs and Illegal Drugs
OR how about locking up known crazies that say they are hearing voices that tell them to shoot people up?

Forum List

Back