Do you pray daily?

• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I pray, but not every day

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
If you do not repent when you sin then how would you have any confidence that your fellowship with God has been restored? Unconfessed sin is unrepented sin which breaks our fellowship with God. As you do not believe in the "concept of sin" as you put it you may want to consider that you are having your conversations with "another god" but not the God of the Bible, Phantom. Do you believe in the reality of hell or is that just a concept to you too?

Sigh.....I have gone over this so many times on so many threads I cringe at the thought of having to write it all out yet again. I am somewhat surprised you are not aware of my position on sin and hell, because of the number of times I have explained it. Honestly, I mean no offense by this, but it's not worth writing out another time because you are really not interested in my perspective. Your motivation for being here is not to teach and learn, it's to preach your personal point of view. I seriously mean no offense by that observation, it's just the reality of the situation and thus it's not worth my time getting into.

No, what I am surprised at is that you think you are a Christian according to Biblical standards while denying what the Bible teaches. That is what surprises me, Phantom.

Well the problem is that what the Bible says in a modern English translation is sometimes not what it says in earlier Greek or Hebrew. Additionally, there is a lot of pseudepigraphy, scribal error, and redaction that has happened through the ages. I do support what the Bible says...it's just very difficult to know what it actually did say before it was changed.

I am not terribly interested in basing my life and spirituality upon church traditions. In most cases I know what the origins and motivations for those traditions are and I do not find them compelling. I wish to follow the word of God, not the word of some jack-ass claiming to be someone he isn't, not the word that resulted from a scribal error that was copied and re-copied over the centuries, not the word of a corrupt Pope from the Middle Ages that twisted the interpretation of scripture in order to advance a political agenda, etc.

This is why I have spent such a great deal of time engaged in more scholarly research (textual criticism, redaction criticism, etc), study of ancient languages, study of ancient cultures, study of ancient and Biblical history, etc. It allows me the opportunity to say "well this was added centuries later, we can toss that out.", "this is pseudepigraphic, we can deal with that in another way...perhaps good advice but not the word of God", "this refers to a specific historical event and we have to look at it from that perspective", etc.

So I do support the Bible. It's just that after 30 some years of study in that manner, I view the Bible in a very different way than you do.

George Carlin is in hell as we speak
Oh, now you are judging men?

Not very Christian, is it?

Considering christians are commanded by Christ to judge righteously (John 7:24) I fail to see how judging in and of itself is unchristian.

Course final judgment is left to God and those He appoints.

I think you are taking some liberties there Avatar. Put it in context. Jesus was teaching at the Festival of Tabernacles and His life was in danger. People were looking for Him so they could kill Him (according to John at least). Jesus snuck in to teach. He did not come proclaiming who He was. Then he went to teach at the temple court. That is where judging by the priests was done. Because of His teaching,it created controversy among the crowd and the priests. Jesus was unlearned and so the priests (who were judges) were arguing whether His knowledge was from God or from demons. Jesus defends Himself and then tells them to judge correctly and not on appearances or technicalities. Jesus is responding to a very specific situation and is speaking directly to those who have the authority to judge at the Temple.

That's quite a difference from the suggestion that all men are free to judge another provided they do so properly.

She won't provide objective evidence that Gandhi said any such thing.

The context is this: Jere wants to be God's prophet on the Board.

The truth: Jere is not. Jere, bear witness the Jesus is the Christ

She won't provide objective evidence that Gandhi said any such thing.

The context is this: Jere wants to be God's prophet on the Board.

The truth: Jere is not. Jere, bear witness the Jesus is the Christ

Well I think it is what I said before. Jeri is not here to teach, share, and learn. She is here to advance her own personal perspective as the only legitimate perspective. It's generally a waste of time engaging in discussion with her, because she is not interested in anyone else's point of view. Someone earlier called it her own personal ministry. I think that sums it up pretty well. Again, I don't say that as an insult to her so much as an observation of what is obviously the case.

It is what it is, and she will be corrected in the name of Christ when necessary.

Praying is for desperate people with no self-confidence.

:thanks:

Amen.

I give up on Jeri. She lost it.

I never asked you to look towards me, Gracie. I am telling you to look toward Jesus Christ and His Gospel. Not a false gospel that so many have fallen for! Follow Christ! Not man! That has been my message consistently.
USMB is not your church, nor are you a spokesperson for God. You can give your opinion, but this pulpit preaching is getting old. You know what you do, Jeri? To those still seeking or trudging along a path towards God, they see or hear YOU and run the OTHER way. That is what YOU do. People like YOU do more harm in "bringing in the sheep" than you think.
Muse on that awhile. Unless that is your goal and you are really a demon and that's the plan by driving people away from God.

See how that goes?

I disagree with you, Gracie. The great commission is go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is what I am doing. There are people on USMB who have been blessed by the prayer meeting time and having others pray for them. There are people who like reading the Scriptures and the threads I have posted. If it isn't for you then don't read my threads. You are not a gate keeper for others and it is not up to you what they can and cannot receive on USMB. Understood? Thank you and have a nice evening.
You can disagree with me all you want...and vice versa. If you don't like what I have to say, that's yer problem. And vice versa.
The problem you just don't "get" is, everyone has their own way to talk to God but according to you, it must be YOUR way. Otherwise, they are just demons in disguise. Right? Now you are claiming that Mary, mother of God, is really a demon. Jeri, you have a screw loose.
I am not a gate keeper, but you damn sure are not a leader to the path of God, either.Get it? Got it? Good.
You have a nice night, too.

No, Gracie. That is the point. It isn't my way. It's God's way according to His Word in the King James Version Bible or it is no way at all. It is God's way all the way every day. ( not the Roman Catholic church's way with their false teachings about Mary which is rooted in a Babylonian occult history) It is the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. Not the Doctrines of devils, not the doctrines of man. That is what man is to obey - the Written of Word of God, take it literally and do what it says, that is what I preach.

I am fully aware that Bible scripture can evoke powerful emotions in people. It was meant to. It's why the Bible is the only Written Word on earth that has the power to convert the souls of men and women. It's a living Word and God does not ask for our opinions on it. He tells us to obey Him not to critique Him or argue with Him over what He has said. The Word of God stands on its own. It doesn't need our approval or disapproval. It is the truth whether it is accepted as such or not.

it is written:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

^^^
Why some do not like hearing the Scriptures preached. It's convicting. The good news is? It's also what will eventually lead people to Jesus Christ. When the Scriptures trouble you? Your under the conviction of the Holy Spirit and it is a sign salvation is not to far off.
You do know there are other, better translations of the bible don't you? Get a copy of the amplified. If you read more than you dictate you might learn something

I scrolled, Jeri. You asked a question in the OP. I answered. So did others. Yet you still see fit to preach YOUR way and everyone else's way is wrong. That in itself is wrong as well. We are individuals and have our own interpretations, beliefs, paths. Stop demanding we all follow yours.

Bld4K4WCEAA8vQz.jpg

That is right. According to the Bible (not me, Gracie, the Written Word of God - the Bible) there is only One True God and His name is Jesus Christ. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is LORD. Baal Allah is not God. Mohammad is not God. Buddah is not God. Satan is not God. Zeus is not God. Jesus Christ alone is God because that is what the Bible teaches us. That Jesus Christ came in the flesh to redeem mankind, that whosever would believe on Him would not perish but have everlasting Life! Jesus said, Ye must be born again. If you are not born again? You cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. That is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Does it offend some people? Yes. Why? Because they want to create a god that will conform to their own image, adapt to their own lifestyle, accomodate their choice of sin, but it does not work that way. Because the Bible says that without holiness? No one will see the LORD. That includes the born again Christian that acts like, lives like, talks like, walks like the fallen world does. There is no difference. There are no born again adulterers entering the kingdom of heaven. There are no born again thieves, liars, sorcerers, entering the kingdom of heaven. There are no born again revilers entering the kingdom of heaven. Again, without holiness no one will see the LORD. The path is narrow. Very, very narrow that leads to heaven. Wide is the road that leads to destruction. W I D E is the road that many people are on and yet believe it will take them to heaven. It won't. Jesus said the path was narrow. Let us believe Jesus Christ, follow Him, listen to Him and stop believing what men tell us - there are many hirelings out there who will tell you whatever you want to hear just to get your money. They won't tell you the truth because they don't want to offend you and they don't want to offend you because they want to get your money. Understand?

Those fat cats will answer to God for their false gospels but so will the people who listen to and follow them! People are perishing because they refuse to pick up their King James Bibles and find out what the Word of God really says!

Hold the phone there Matilda! Do you read the gospel of yourself? Go back and read the New Testament. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more, he told the theif beside him on the cross he would see him in paradise, if you are born again you are a new creation in Christ. What book do you read?!

Let us believe Jesus Christ, follow Him, listen to Him and stop believing what men tell us...People are perishing because they refuse to pick up their King James Bibles and find out what the Word of God really says!

Well that's exactly what you are doing Jeri. The KJV is an interpretation of manuscripts from the Byzantine line that is so full of differences, additions, redactions, errors, and mistranslation that it is largely the work of man. Your blind adherence to to an inflexible doctrine based upon a narrow interpretation of scripture that ignores history, cultural context, languages, and translation errors has locked you into a rigid vision that is based upon the influence of man over the course of some 1,500 years. You are doing exactly what you are telling other people not to do...and you don't even realize it.

Won't you be shocked Jeremiah when you find that there are other people in the heavenly realm and you are on the outside of the gate looking in wondering what you did wrong?

Trinity, please respect the thread and address the topic of prayer and stop with the personal attacks. If you are a Christian you should act like one and treat others as you would like to be treated. Thank you.

Here you go Jeri. Here's a copy of the start of Hebrews from Codex Vaticanus. This is one of the earliest (perhaps THE earliest) extant copies of the Bible we have dating to the early 4th century C.E.. Now I want you to look between the first and second column. There's a little note written in there and some text has been changed. Look closely.

scribalchangestomanuscriptseedscf0115.jpg

That note is written in Greek in response to a CHANGE that one priest made to the text. The note says "Fool and knave! Leave the older reading and stop changing it!" In one of our very earliest copies of the Bible we see proof positive that it was being changed even back then. To believe that the Bible has remained unaltered and that the KJV (which was translated from texts copied centuries after Vaticanus and subject to error after error, change after change, redaction after redaction) is pristine isn't a position based in faith, it's a position based in delusion.

Trinity, please respect the thread and address the topic of prayer and stop with the personal attacks. If you are a Christian you should act like one and treat others as you would like to be treated. Thank you.

PARDON?!?!?! Want to go back to that attack on me you posted a few hours ago? I suggest you revise your criticism of Trinity in light of your own actions.

Forum List

Back