Do you pray daily?

• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I pray, but not every day

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
In college, I used to pray to the porcelain God every weekend!

I had one of those on my dresser as a child. She was dressed in blue, bare feet with a snake and the world (globe) under her feet. The Catholics call her Mary - Queen of heaven but she is in reality a demon god called Semiramis who also called herself Queen of heaven but for deception is being portrayed as Mary the mother of Christ. The new Bablyonian religion is the same as the old Babylonian religion. So glad I gave my life to Jesus Christ and no longer am deceived by the cult of Catholicism.

p.s. they may have told you it was porcelain but I'm pretty sure those statues are made out of plaster.

If you do not repent when you sin then how would you have any confidence that your fellowship with God has been restored? Unconfessed sin is unrepented sin which breaks our fellowship with God. As you do not believe in the "concept of sin" as you put it you may want to consider that you are having your conversations with "another god" but not the God of the Bible, Phantom. Do you believe in the reality of hell or is that just a concept to you too?

Sigh.....I have gone over this so many times on so many threads I cringe at the thought of having to write it all out yet again. I am somewhat surprised you are not aware of my position on sin and hell, because of the number of times I have explained it. Honestly, I mean no offense by this, but it's not worth writing out another time because you are really not interested in my perspective. Your motivation for being here is not to teach and learn, it's to preach your personal point of view. I seriously mean no offense by that observation, it's just the reality of the situation and thus it's not worth my time getting into.

If you do not repent when you sin then how would you have any confidence that your fellowship with God has been restored? Unconfessed sin is unrepented sin which breaks our fellowship with God. As you do not believe in the "concept of sin" as you put it you may want to consider that you are having your conversations with "another god" but not the God of the Bible, Phantom. Do you believe in the reality of hell or is that just a concept to you too?

Sigh.....I have gone over this so many times on so many threads I cringe at the thought of having to write it all out yet again. I am somewhat surprised you are not aware of my position on sin and hell, because of the number of times I have explained it. Honestly, I mean no offense by this, but it's not worth writing out another time because you are really not interested in my perspective. Your motivation for being here is not to teach and learn, it's to preach your personal point of view. I seriously mean no offense by that observation, it's just the reality of the situation and thus it's not worth my time getting into.

No, what I am surprised at is that you think you are a Christian according to Biblical standards while denying what the Bible teaches. That is what surprises me, Phantom.

what does who have church mean.
My intention wasnt to be rude..just to address it and kinda jab him about it. ...the people he mentions just always seem so over the top and rude.

what does who have church mean.
My intention wasnt to be rude..just to address it and kinda jab him about it. ...the people he mentions just always seem so over the top and rude.

Oh - he said that the guy who told them he was going to hell was in a worse state than they were but was forced to go to Sunday School, Church, in other words - he was attending but his heart was not in it. Sorry, I should have explained that better, featherlite. Sealybobo is still searching for answers and reasons to believe I believe. I have great hope for him!

again

with all respect

the SON
is not
the FATHER

GLORY TO GOD

It is written:
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
John 14:9

son is SON Father is FATHER you are you I am me

there is only ONE GOD OUR CREATOR

Jesus is God.

yes and we are GOD too

Jesus said what I AM You are too

What Chapter and verse in the bible did you get this from?
I pray every morning and I do not need a book or another person's thoughts to tell me who or what God is all I need to do is look around me and see the miracle of life. Your definition of God is very a constricting and hackneyed point of view. As long as you believe in a positive power greater then yourself all is good, I suppose.

Do you pray daily in order to seek God's will for your life and have His presence go with you? Yes or no?

If you do not pray daily - why not attend the Prayer Meeting on USMB each morning, read the scriptures, listen to the worship music, sing along with the lyrics and seek the LORD in prayer? Try it for 90 days and see what happens. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
The Virginia shooter prayed and apparently He said Jehovah spoke to him, telling him to act.

Virginia TV shooter said Charleston shootings put him ‘over the top’ | WNCN

Jesus, Allah, Yahway, Jehovah. It's all the same thing GOD. Stop praying to imaginary things. Grow the hell up.
Try this for experiment. Go ask Christians what they think about the Virginia shooter's actions and then go ask Muslims what they think about the Boston Bombers' actions. You will get very fundamentally different answers. It is not all the same thing.
True. Two different levels of crazy. Christianity is the lesser of those two evils.
:) Says the crazy.
Don't pray. It does no good. Two hands working worth more than a billion praying.

Prayer is more powerful than you give it credit for.

It is written:
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
John 14:9

Jesus is God.

yes and we are GOD too

I pray every morning and I do not need a book or another person's thoughts to tell me who or what God is all I need to do is look around me and see the miracle of life. Your definition of God is very a constricting and hackneyed point of view. As long as you believe in a positive power greater then yourself all is good, I suppose.

If you ever decide to read a book there is only one I'd recommend to you, Alex - the King James bible. I've found it to be a great blessing in my life and I believe it would be in yours as well. We also have the scripture reading and hymns with lyrics, prayer on the USMB prayer meeting and you might be blessed to visit some time.

Google whynogod.con and fully read through points 1 & 2 of like 60 reasons there is no God. But points 1&2 cover all the reasons why you aren't right about this. All hearsay. The 11 apostles didn't write or pen the bibles and all that. Even if they did its the story of 11 guys. A small cult spread through Greece because they were worshipping the ridiculous Greek gods for far too long. The Jesus story made more sense.

Christianity was a easier religion for non Jews. Just pay, believe and dunk.
The points are interesting but they don't "prove" God does not exist. Empirical data or philosophic logic cannot fill the function of metaphysical "proof". Two different belief systems.
Prove invisible unicorns don't exist.

Rhinoceros are invisible now? Way cool!

Your motivation for being here is not to teach and learn, it's to preach your personal point of view.
Amen.

I give up on Jeri. She lost it.

I never asked you to look towards me, Gracie. I am telling you to look toward Jesus Christ and His Gospel. Not a false gospel that so many have fallen for! Follow Christ! Not man! That has been my message consistently.

George Carlin is in hell as we speak
Oh, now you are judging men?

Not very Christian, is it?

Considering christians are commanded by Christ to judge righteously (John 7:24) I fail to see how judging in and of itself is unchristian.

Course final judgment is left to God and those He appoints.

Paul the Apostle addressed that because some of the Corinthians may have been under the false impression that he was hard on the immoral brother he said should be cast out. Still we see the compassion of Paul in the restoration process (for the same brother) so clearly he was led by the Spirit and judged the matter righteously.

It is interesting that there are Christians who do not know that one day the Believers will judge the world! Even the 12 tribes of Israel! Many Christians do not realize this. It's amazing because it is in the bible!

John 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly."

New International Version
Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly."

New Living Translation
Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly."

English Standard Version
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Berean Study Bible
Stop judging by appearances, and start judging justly."

Berean Literal Bible
Do not judge according to appearance, but judge the righteous judgment."

New American Standard Bible
"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

King James Bible
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Stop judging according to outward appearances; rather judge according to righteous judgment."

International Standard Version
Stop judging by appearances, but judge with righteous judgment!"

NET Bible
Do not judge according to external appearance, but judge with proper judgment."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“Do not judge with partiality, but judge just judgment.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Stop judging by outward appearance! Instead, judge correctly."

New American Standard 1977
“Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version
Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge just judgment.

Darby Bible Translation
Judge not according to sight, but judge righteous judgment.

English Revised Version
Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
Do not form superficial judgements, but form the judgements that are just."

World English Bible
Don't judge according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

Young's Literal Translation
judge not according to appearance, but the righteous judgment judge.'
Parallel Commentaries
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

7:14-24 Every faithful minister may humbly adopt Christ's words. His doctrine is not his own finding out, but is from God's word, through the teaching of his Spirit. And amidst the disputes which disturb the world, if any man, of any nation, seeks to do the will of God, he shall know whether the doctrine is of God, or whether men speak of themselves. Only those who hate the truth shall be given up to errors which will be fatal. Surely it was as agreeable to the design of the sabbath to restore health to the afflicted, as to administer an outward rite. Jesus told them to decide on his conduct according to the spiritual import of the Divine law. We must not judge concerning any by their outward appearance, but by their worth, and by the gifts and graces of God's Spirit in them.

Pulpit Commentary

Verse 24. - Judge not according to appearance ? the superficial aspect of things, the merely formal side, the unexplained letter of the Law. Οψιςid quod sub visum cadit res in conspicuo posita. According to that, the healing and the bed carrying consequent upon it would be a positive infraction of a certain enactment. Butjudgerighteousjudgment. Consider the case, and see that I have done, in this act of healing, less than you are doing yourselves, notwithstanding all your punctilio, and with a higher justification. The aorist κρίνατε involves probably "the one true and complete decision which the case admits" (Westcott).

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

Judge not according to the appearance,.... Or through respect of persons, and so as to please men, the Scribes and Pharisees; who had condemned the action of Christ, in curing the diseased man on the sabbath day, and sought to kill him for it:

but judge righteous judgment; give your sense and judgment of things, according to the truth and evidence of them; and do not find fault with that, which you yourselves allow of, and which Moses and his law, and your own practices, justify.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

24. Judge not, etc.—that is, Rise above the letter into the spirit of the law.

Your motivation for being here is not to teach and learn, it's to preach your personal point of view.
Amen.

I never asked you to look towards me, Gracie. I am telling you to look toward Jesus Christ and His Gospel. Not a false gospel that so many have fallen for! Follow Christ! Not man! That has been my message consistently.
USMB is not your church, nor are you a spokesperson for God. You can give your opinion, but this pulpit preaching is getting old. You know what you do, Jeri? To those still seeking or trudging along a path towards God, they see or hear YOU and run the OTHER way. That is what YOU do. People like YOU do more harm in "bringing in the sheep" than you think.
Muse on that awhile. Unless that is your goal and you are really a demon and that's the plan by driving people away from God.

See how that goes?

Jesus is God.

yes and we are GOD too

If you ever decide to read a book there is only one I'd recommend to you, Alex - the King James bible. I've found it to be a great blessing in my life and I believe it would be in yours as well. We also have the scripture reading and hymns with lyrics, prayer on the USMB prayer meeting and you might be blessed to visit some time.
I have read many books, I find it curious that you wish to engage a conversation with an insult. Thomas Merton is a favorite of mine as is Thomas More, but I subscribe to what Gandhi wrote, "God has no religion"

Amen.

USMB is not your church, nor are you a spokesperson for God. You can give your opinion, but this pulpit preaching is getting old. You know what you do, Jeri? To those still seeking or trudging along a path towards God, they see or hear YOU and run the OTHER way. That is what YOU do. People like YOU do more harm in "bringing in the sheep" than you think.
Muse on that awhile. Unless that is your goal and you are really a demon and that's the plan by driving people away from God.

See how that goes?

I disagree with you, Gracie. The great commission is go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is what I am doing. There are people on USMB who have been blessed by the prayer meeting time and having others pray for them. There are people who like reading the Scriptures and the threads I have posted. If it isn't for you then don't read my threads. You are not a gate keeper for others and it is not up to you what they can and cannot receive on USMB. Understood? Thank you and have a nice evening.

Forum List

Back