Do You Live In a Pro America State?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
I missed the actual quote, but heard (I am trying to verify this before I attack Sarah again.) that she talked about "pro America" parts of this country.:confused:

Did she make a remark like this? If so, I need to know which one I live in.

Found it.

he heard in Sarah Palin’s comments last night, when she told a North Carolina fundraiser that she liked to visit “pro-American parts of the country.”

If true, she is a politcal whore.

I missed the actual quote, but heard (I am trying to verify this before I attack Sarah again.) that she talked about "pro America" parts of this country.:confused:

i dunno. is that worse than joe biden saying jobs is a three letter word?

is this constant game of gotcha doing anyone any good?

"pro american parts" of this country?

That is pure divisive hate talk.

Who defines who is pro american?

Sorry, but this is a lot worse than not being able to count or spell.

I am in Washington State which I think would be on the Republican’s “Anti-American States” list.

So you better watch out, we have 2 Carrier battle groups, a strategic bomber wing, 18 Ballistic Missile Submarines, one of the Country’s largest army bases and most of America’s aerospace production capacity.

So, you…Idaho….

Watch your back!

The term "pro american" is a totalitarian term in general.

You might be confusing this with Murtha who claimed an entire section of Pennsylvania was racist.

This woman is not only blindly ideological she is also very, very stupid. That hammering noise she can hear is someone nailing shut the coffin of the McCain-Palin campaign.

Doesn't seem like they're going to do very well with independent voters with comments like that... assuming they get coverage.

but then again, she was brought on to get "the base" riled up.

This is exactly why I maintain that she was an idiotic choice. Biden make gaffes, but good God, what the is a VP candidate doing refering to her presidential candidate has her running mate and then refering to the GOP ticket as the Palin-McCain ticket. I shrugged those off as national politics inexperience, but now we have pro-America parts of the country? Who the fuck is fillng in this woman's note cards?

This is exactly why I maintain that she was an idiotic choice. Biden make gaffes, but good God, what the is a VP candidate doing refering to her presidential candidate has her running mate and then refering to the GOP ticket as the Palin-McCain ticket. I shrugged those off as national politics inexperience, but now we have pro-America parts of the country? Who the fuck is fillng in this woman's note cards?

trig?

Yeah, seriously, how much research was done in choosing a running mate?

Diuretic,

Here's what I think has happened. At some point the conservative elite decided to go all out against the left. It probably started back during the red scare, but I haven't been following that long. They developed a strategy of demonizing rather than disagreeing with opponents. It's a lot easier to paint someone in a bad light than to rationally defend one's views in reasonable discussion. Why argue reasonably when you can just call each other names?

In the short run, it seemed to work. Once the echo chamber was going full swing, the strategy immediately began paying dividends. A less informed American public began to soak up this endless stream of fear-mongering, hate, and spite directed at their opponents. But we don't require an IQ test for public office in the U.S. And suddenly, in an environment where you have your conservative "stars" publishing best-selling books with titles like "Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism", "Deliver Us from Evil: Defeating Terrorism, Despotism, and Liberalism", and "The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military" you have a great many conservatives, including those who may be in office, buying their own propoganda. Then there is no reasonable discourse, but instead have created a conservative ideology with fanatics as loyal and unreasonable as any religious fundamentalist (especially when it is intertwined with pre-established religious ideology- but that's another post). Now, we are seeing some of the elite conservative intellectuals who I don't believe were fully aware of the monster they were creating, starting to try to turn down the intensity. But what they fail to realize is that when you feed propoganda to the masses in a democracy, those that buy it are going to elect and support others who buy it and the moderates who initially benefited from this approach find that their power is slipping away and there is nothing they can do to control it.

Hey Crimsonwhite,

You guys got shafted. No way Texas should have leap-frogged you. I'm sure someone will figure out how it's Obama's fault, but I for one thought you should have been No. 1.

Do you cling to guns and religion and fear people not like you? Remind how outraged you were about those comments?

We like our guns, we don't have much religion, we're both from small towns and live near LA now.

There is not a red america and a blue america, there is a united states of america and we each have our own story, goddammit.

Small town folks are nice, big city folks are nice, and lots of times they each have relatives or have even lived in the other place themselves.

Forum List

Back