Do you have to be a woman to comment on abortion?

Should you have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?

• yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 24 88.9%

• Total voters

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Just out of curiosity, how many think that in order to have a valid opinion on abortion, you must have a uterus?

I ask this because someone I encountered the other day threw this at me, insisting that because I'm not a woman, I have no right to comment on the morality of abortion.

Abortion also involves the father of the potential human being.
While the ultimate decision is up to the female, the male has every right to comment on it.

You can comment all you want but at the end of the day, it’s the women’s choice.

While the ultimate decision is up to the female, the male has every right to comment on it.

According to the law, the woman's opinion is worth more since she has the legal power to make all the decisions.

According to the law, the woman's opinion is worth more since she has the legal power to make all the decisions.
Of course. Its her body.

So for the record, men's opinions on abortion don't matter, right?

In fact, if this is the case then perhaps SCOTUS should be made up of all women to hear Roe vs. Wade again.

You can comment all you want but at the end of the day, it’s the women’s choice.

Is one opinion worth more than the other since it is the woman who has to carry the child?

Precisely for that reason. The male who gets her pregnant isn't going to have any morning sickness, strange cravings or wild hormone swings during the pregnancy. She will.

And yeah, she should have more of a say than the male. Why? Pregnancy, while a normal everyday occurrence, can be fatal to the woman on occasion. The male has no life threatening things that happen to him during the pregnancy.

Does that mean the man's opinion doesn't count? No, he's involved as well, because if the couple splits, more than likely he's gonna have to pay child support.

I'd say the woman should have 75 percent of the decision.

Is one opinion worth more than the other since it is the woman who has to carry the child?

Precisely for that reason. The male who gets her pregnant isn't going to have any morning sickness, strange cravings or wild hormone swings during the pregnancy. She will.

And yeah, she should have more of a say than the male. Why? Pregnancy, while a normal everyday occurrence, can be fatal to the woman on occasion. The male has no life threatening things that happen to him during the pregnancy.

Does that mean the man's opinion doesn't count? No, he's involved as well, because if the couple splits, more than likely he's gonna have to pay child support.

I'd say the woman should have 75 percent of the decision.

Should there then be an all female ruling on Roe vs. Wade?

Of course. Its her body.

In fact, if this is the case then perhaps SCOTUS should be made up of all women to hear Roe vs. Wade again.
Ultimately, no.
It doesnt matter who sits on that stupid bench. The fed govt shouldnt be dictating peoples lives if it doesnt impede on someone else.

Nobody’s stopping you from having your opinions.

But do they matter?

Not one bit.

Again, who's opinions matter?

It would seem the Progressive legislative body known as the Supreme Court does.

So should an all woman panel be selected to re-decide Roe vs. Wade?

Of course. Its her body.

Ultimately, no.
It doesnt matter who sits on that stupid bench. The fed govt shouldnt be dictating peoples lives if it doesnt impede on someone else.

But the SCOTUS has made the decision to assume that role with Roe vs. Wade, as well as issues like gay marriage.

Really, all that matters is what the fab 9 think, so given that scenario, should they be ONLY women to decide on abortion?

But do they matter?

Not one bit.

If an all female panel was selected to re decide the ruling, it would remain legal for abortions to be performed, and more than likely, it would be easier to get one.

But do they matter?

Not one bit.

If an all female panel was selected to re decide the ruling, it would remain legal for abortions to be performed, and more than likely, it would be easier to get one.

Or so you think

Why are women more opposed to abortion? | Martin Robbins

It seems that women are far more likely than men to put restrictions on abortion.

In fact, the woman who brought Roe vs. Wade to SCOTUS later became pro-life

The story of how 'Jane Roe' of Roe v. Wade became pro-life

That alone should make them consider the decision all over again.

So are we in agreement? An all woman panel should decide such issues?

Just out of curiosity, how many think that in order to have a valid opinion on abortion, you must have a uterus?

I ask this because someone I encountered the other day threw this at me, insisting that because I'm not a woman, I have no right to comment on the morality of abortion.

This seems to be the, "here honey, have my balls with a side of not giving a damn about the life of our child growing inside of you" apologist for being male and an expectant father participation thread.

Man-up or Father-up already. Biologically speaking while she carries the child, the developing child is a combination of the two of you. That means from the moment of conception us guys become expectant fathers tasked with 50% of the responsibility of protecting the unborn child and 100% of the responsibility for protecting mother-to-be. From a not so distant Age of melee weapons and law enforcement without electronic communication point of view, pregnancy was just as damned dangerous for the father who could lose his life providing for (ouch, a bear!) or directly defending the mother to be and unborn child's life.

Radical militant feminism ideology from Meade's late 20's best seller on up has convinced three generations of American men through intellectual castration that once her bell has been rung, the developing child is her responsibility alone to allow to live or throw in the trash at will. What horseshit. Guys, get your intellectual and primeval instinctual balls back already. We men all kept them hanging in place just so for eons before the 20th century giants of radical cultural revolution clipped them off.

Lot's of unnaturally high voices sounding off in this thread.

You just need to identify as one for that comment. In the Leftist world that is allowed and we cannot judge. How dare you?!?

Woman have no more right to decide for another woman than a man does

As I have said, the fab 9 are all powerful and knowing, so since they decide such things should women be the ones doing it?

Forum List

Back