Do you have a problem with Tennessee's "curbs [for] trans treatment and drag for children"?

You're not doing analysis, you're doing conspiracy and fanfiction.

Its a figure of speech. She shared her story of depression and loneliness and finding an accepting community that allows her to be herself.

Do you have any evidence of that?

All you're doing is revealing what lies within your own imagination. I have no idea why she chose not to speak. Speculation is silly. Until it's supported by evidence, which you have none of, it remains nothing more than your imagination, literally, and I'm not quite sure why you continue to think your fantasies make for compelling arguments. They do not.

You don't seem to know the difference between fiction and non fiction. šŸ˜„

Going by that video it doesn't seem you're capable of an intellectually honest answers and conversation.

What a woman is is a social construct. It's a mutable concept. I think maybe you're confusing the question what is a woman with what is a biological female.

I'm comfortable with people being allowed to express themselves in whatever manner they wish so long as they aren't harming anyone.

Wrong. It was listed as such in previous editions but in the latest update it is not and the paragraph I quoted previously proves that fact. I know you're confused by what a fact is but it is something that can be proven with evidence, like the manual you linked to specifically saying diverse gender expressions and identities aren't signs of mental disorder. I can post it again for you if you like.

Who cares what you call it or what you've seen evidence for? šŸ˜„

Because trans people dont live inherently disordered lives. They're able to hold down jobs, maintain relationships, and maintain themselves.

Are the only two options suffering from a disorder or healthy?

And men have committed rapes against other men in restrooms, should we ban all men from male restrooms too or maybe arrest and incarcerate that rapist and then move on with our lives?

I'm not made uncomfortable by your displays of inanity and bigotry. šŸ˜„

Go luck getting that message out being the obvious bigot that you are. šŸ˜„ There is a reason your culture is headed towards extinction.
Once again, you filibuster instead of answering questions. Dimocrats are noted for that.

Common sense tells me that a biological boy whose voice has changed will sound absurd representing themselves as a girl.

The full name of the DSM-5-TR is The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision. It lists Gender Dysphoria as a mental disorder along with all the other mental disorders it lists. The article I posted correctly states that there is a difference between Gender Dysphoria and people expressing gender in different ways. But neither it, nor the DSM-V-TR take Gender Dysphoria out of the category of mental disorder.

The actual disorder of Gender Dysphoria is rare and could never be appropriately diagnosed in a child who is confused about gender as many children are. The fact that the transgenderization movement sponsors "drag queen story hour," in which men dress as women and read confusing books to children has likely increased that confustion, but it has not increased actual Gender Dysphoria, which is a mental disorder.

Here are the questions you have yet to answer:

If medication and surger are not for people with disorders, who is it for?

If I was identified as male at birth, but I claim that I am a transman, am I a transman?

If what a woman is is a social construct and is mutable, how does the term have any meaning at all?

Once again, you filibuster instead of answering questions. Dimocrats are noted for that.

Common sense tells me that a biological boy whose voice has changed will sound absurd representing themselves as a girl.
That's just your sense. And your sense that it matters. I'm not filibustering anything, I will freely admit that I have no clue why she chose to use index cards and I don't find the fact that she did all that interesting. You do though. You rather focus on the things you imagine rather than the message she was trying to convey.
The full name of the DSM-5-TR is The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision. It lists Gender Dysphoria as a mental disorder along with all the other mental disorders it lists. The article I posted correctly states that there is a difference between Gender Dysphoria and people expressing gender in different ways. But neither it, nor the DSM-V-TR take Gender Dysphoria out of the category of mental disorder.
They do. The link you posted proves my point and you can't produce one quote from that manual that lists GD as a disorder. They specifically changed the terminology from gender disorder to gender dysphoria to make that clear. Here, allow me to quote more than just one paragraph.

What is Gender Dysphoria?

The term ā€œtransgenderā€ refers to a person whose sex assigned at birth (i.e. the sex assigned at birth, usually based on external genitalia) does not align their gender identity (i.e., oneā€™s psychological sense of their gender). Some people who are transgender will experience ā€œgender dysphoria,ā€ which refers to psychological distress that results from an incongruence between oneā€™s sex assigned at birth and oneā€™s gender identity. Though gender dysphoria often begins in childhood, some people may not experience it until after puberty or much later.

People who are transgender may pursue multiple domains of gender affirmation, including social affirmation (e.g., changing oneā€™s name and pronouns), legal affirmation (e.g., changing gender markers on oneā€™s government-issued documents), medical affirmation (e.g., pubertal suppression or gender-affirming hormones), and/or surgical affirmation (e.g., vaginoplasty, facial feminization surgery, breast augmentation, masculine chest reconstruction, etc.). Of note, not all people who are transgender will desire all domains of gender affirmation, as these are highly personal and individual decisions.

It is important to note that gender identity is different from gender expression. Whereas gender identity refers to oneā€™s psychological sense of their gender, gender expression refers to the way in which one presents to the world in a gendered way. For example, in much of the U.S., wearing a dress is considered a ā€œfeminineā€ gender expression, and wearing a tuxedo is considered a ā€œmasculineā€ gender expression. Such expectations are culturally defined and vary across time and culture. Oneā€™s gender expression does not necessarily align with their gender identity. Diverse gender expressions, much like diverse gender identities, are not indications of a mental disorder.

Gender identity is also different from sexual orientation. Sexual orientation refers to the types of people towards which one is sexually attracted. As with people who are cisgender (people whose sex assigned at birth aligns with their gender identity), people who are transgender have a diverse range of sexual orientations.

The actual disorder of Gender Dysphoria is rare and could never be appropriately diagnosed in a child who is confused about gender as many children are. The fact that the transgenderization movement sponsors "drag queen story hour," in which men dress as women and read confusing books to children has likely increased that confustion, but it has not increased actual Gender Dysphoria, which is a mental disorder.
You don't provide any evidence for this theory of yours so it isn't real convincing. What is convincing is more excerpts from the people who literally write the manual.

Diagnosis

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-5-TR)1 provides for one overarching diagnosis of gender dysphoria with separate specific criteria for children and for adolescents and adults.
The DSM-5-TR defines gender dysphoria in adolescents and adults as a marked incongruence between oneā€™s experienced/expressed gender and their assigned gender, lasting at least 6 months, as manifested by at least two of the following:

• A marked incongruence between oneā€™s experienced/expressed gender and primary and/or secondary sex characteristics (or in young adolescents, the anticipated secondary sex characteristics)

• A strong desire to be rid of oneā€™s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics because of a marked incongruence with oneā€™s experienced/expressed gender (or in young adolescents, a desire to prevent the development of the anticipated secondary sex characteristics)

• A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender

• A strong desire to be of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from oneā€™s assigned gender)

• A strong desire to be treated as the other gender (or some alternative gender different from oneā€™s assigned gender)

• A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from oneā€™s assigned gender)
In order to meet criteria for the diagnosis, the condition must also be associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

The DSM-5-TR defines gender dysphoria in children as a marked incongruence between oneā€™s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender, lasting at least 6 months, as manifested by at least six of the following (one of which must be the first criterion):

• A strong desire to be of the other gender or an insistence that one is the other gender (or some alternative gender different from oneā€™s assigned gender)

• In boys (assigned gender), a strong preference for cross-dressing or simulating female attire; or in girls (assigned gender), a strong preference for wearing only typical masculine clothing and a strong resistance to the wearing of typical feminine clothing

• A strong preference for cross-gender roles in make-believe play or fantasy play

• A strong preference for the toys, games or activities stereotypically used or engaged in by the other gender

• A strong preference for playmates of the other gender

• In boys (assigned gender), a strong rejection of typically masculine toys, games, and activities and a strong avoidance of rough-and-tumble play; or in girls (assigned gender), a strong rejection of typically feminine toys, games, and activities

• A strong dislike of oneā€™s sexual anatomy

• A strong desire for the physical sex characteristics that match oneā€™s experienced gender
As with the diagnostic criteria for adolescents and adults, the condition must also be associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

Last edited:
Here are the questions you have yet to answer:

If medication and surger are not for people with disorders, who is it for?
Another question that could of been answered by you simply reading your own link.

Treatment

Support for people with gender dysphoria may include open-ended exploration of their feelings and experiences of gender identity and expression, without the therapist having any pre-defined gender identity or expression outcome defined as preferable to another. Psychological attempts to force a transgender person to be cisgender (sometimes referred to as gender identity conversion efforts or so-called ā€œgender identity conversion therapyā€) are considered unethical and have been linked to adverse mental health outcomes.

Support may also include affirmation in various domains. Social affirmation may include an individual adopting pronouns, names, and various aspects of gender expression that match their gender identity. Legal affirmation may involve changing name and gender markers on various forms of government identification. Medical affirmation may include pubertal suppression for adolescents with gender dysphoria and gender-affirming hormones like estrogen and testosterone for older adolescents and adults. Medical affirmation is not recommended for prepubertal children. Some adults (and less often adolescents) may undergo various aspects of surgical affirmation.

Family and societal rejection of gender identity are some of the strongest predictors of mental health difficulties among people who are transgender. Family and couplesā€™ therapy can be important for creating a supportive environment that will allow a personā€™s mental health to thrive. Parents of children and adolescents who are transgender may benefit from support groups. Peer support groups for transgender people themselves are often helpful for validating and sharing experiences.

If I was identified as male at birth, but I claim that I am a transman, am I a transman?
Do you feel incongruence between your assigned gender and your identity? Do you meet any of the criteria listed under Diagnosis, in my previous post?
If what a woman is is a social construct and is mutable, how does the term have any meaning at all?
How do any words have meaning? Ponder that one.

That's just your sense. And your sense that it matters. I'm not filibustering anything, I will freely admit that I have no clue why she chose to use index cards and I don't find the fact that she did all that interesting. You do though. You rather focus on the things you imagine rather than the message she was trying to convey.
The message is "I got hormones, and my nice principle lets me use the girls bathroom. Yay!"

A kid is happy that they got what they wanted? Not exactly breaking news.
They do. The link you posted proves my point and you can't produce one quote from that manual that lists GD as a disorder. They specifically changed the terminology from gender disorder to gender dysphoria to make that clear. Here, allow me to quote more than just one paragraph.
The DSM is about mental disorders. You really didn't know that?

The term ā€œtransgenderā€ refers to a person whose sex assigned at birth (i.e. the sex assigned at birth, usually based on external genitalia) does not align their gender identity (i.e., oneā€™s psychological sense of their gender). Some people who are transgender will experience ā€œgender dysphoria,ā€ which refers to psychological distress that results from an incongruence between oneā€™s sex assigned at birth and oneā€™s gender identity. Though gender dysphoria often begins in childhood, some people may not experience it until after puberty or much later.

People who are transgender may pursue multiple domains of gender affirmation, including social affirmation (e.g., changing oneā€™s name and pronouns), legal affirmation (e.g., changing gender markers on oneā€™s government-issued documents), medical affirmation (e.g., pubertal suppression or gender-affirming hormones), and/or surgical affirmation (e.g., vaginoplasty, facial feminization surgery, breast augmentation, masculine chest reconstruction, etc.). Of note, not all people who are transgender will desire all domains of gender affirmation, as these are highly personal and individual decisions.

It is important to note that gender identity is different from gender expression. Whereas gender identity refers to oneā€™s psychological sense of their gender, gender expression refers to the way in which one presents to the world in a gendered way. For example, in much of the U.S., wearing a dress is considered a ā€œfeminineā€ gender expression, and wearing a tuxedo is considered a ā€œmasculineā€ gender expression. Such expectations are culturally defined and vary across time and culture. Oneā€™s gender expression does not necessarily align with their gender identity. Diverse gender expressions, much like diverse gender identities, are not indications of a mental disorder.

Gender identity is also different from sexual orientation. Sexual orientation refers to the types of people towards which one is sexually attracted. As with people who are cisgender (people whose sex assigned at birth aligns with their gender identity), people who are transgender have a diverse range of sexual orientations.
Nothing in those paragraphs says that gender dysphoria is not a mental disorder.

The difference between the mental disorder of gender dysphoria and a person just "feeling like" the opposite gender, is that a person with gender dysphoria will show clinically significant distress or impairment, not just "I wish I could be a real girl."

For those old enough to be diagnosed with that disorder, i.e. old enough that the typical gender confusion many children experience can be ruled out, I would not ban any procedure they choose. I do think that the medical community needs to police itself better and have a conversation with the outright profiteers.

People who report feeling transgender should be encouraged to at least try to accept themselves as they are. That's not "conversion therapy," that is trying to avoid unneeded medicalization and surgery.

But I know you see the medical community as these infallible individuals and that you will always be right if only you parrot what they tell you. Except they tell you that Gender Dysphoria is a mental disorder, and you don't want to believe it.

Again, if "woman" is a societal construct only, then my definition of "woman" is as valid as anyone's. So does that mean that if a person tells me they are a woman, it would be perfectly appropriate for me to say, "No Sir, you are not. Not in my culture."

Or are you about to tell me some theory of cultural superiority?

Another question that could of been answered by you simply reading your own link.

Treatment

Support for people with gender dysphoria may include open-ended exploration of their feelings and experiences of gender identity and expression, without the therapist having any pre-defined gender identity or expression outcome defined as preferable to another. Psychological attempts to force a transgender person to be cisgender (sometimes referred to as gender identity conversion efforts or so-called ā€œgender identity conversion therapyā€) are considered unethical and have been linked to adverse mental health outcomes.

Support may also include affirmation in various domains. Social affirmation may include an individual adopting pronouns, names, and various aspects of gender expression that match their gender identity. Legal affirmation may involve changing name and gender markers on various forms of government identification. Medical affirmation may include pubertal suppression for adolescents with gender dysphoria and gender-affirming hormones like estrogen and testosterone for older adolescents and adults. Medical affirmation is not recommended for prepubertal children. Some adults (and less often adolescents) may undergo various aspects of surgical affirmation.

Family and societal rejection of gender identity are some of the strongest predictors of mental health difficulties among people who are transgender. Family and couplesā€™ therapy can be important for creating a supportive environment that will allow a personā€™s mental health to thrive. Parents of children and adolescents who are transgender may benefit from support groups. Peer support groups for transgender people themselves are often helpful for validating and sharing experiences.
None of that answer the question.
Do you feel incongruence between your assigned gender and your identity? Do you meet any of the criteria listed under Diagnosis, in my previous post?
Do you quiz everyone who identifies as trans with the same questions?
How do any words have meaning? Ponder that one.
No need to ponder. I got past that supposed brain teaser decades ago. In American schools in the seventies, that was a middle school question, easily answered. Words have meanings because we agree on the meanings. If some people have one meaning and other people have another, that happens. But you must be willing to state what you mean when you use a word, or it ceases to have any meaning at all, as far as communicating with you goes.

But, I know that you can dodge questions all day long. It is a necessary skill when you defend the indefensible.

The message is "I got hormones, and my nice principle lets me use the girls bathroom. Yay!"
That's because you're a bigot. That was fairly obvious from the onset.
A kid is happy that they got what they wanted? Not exactly breaking news.
It's not exactly breaking news that you don't care about distress she was actually feeling and would rather talk about your fanfiction instead.
The DSM is about mental disorders. You really didn't know that?

Nothing in those paragraphs says that gender dysphoria is not a mental disorder.
Except for the part I quoted previously that's says exactly that. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Here, since you're incredibly slow, mentally, I'll post it for you again.

Diverse gender expressions, much like diverse gender identities, are not indications of a mental disorder.

If that wasn't clear enough here's the NHS.

Gender dysphoria

Some people with gender dysphoria, but not all, may want to use hormones and sometimes surgery to express their gender identity.
Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness, but some people may develop mental health problems because of gender dysphoria.

The difference between the mental disorder of gender dysphoria and a person just "feeling like" the opposite gender, is that a person with gender dysphoria will show clinically significant distress or impairment, not just "I wish I could be a real girl."
Can you provide any excerpt where the manual calls gender dysphoria a mental disorder? The answer is of course no, no you can't.
For those old enough to be diagnosed with that disorder, i.e. old enough that the typical gender confusion many children experience can be ruled out, I would not ban any procedure they choose. I do think that the medical community needs to police itself better and have a conversation with the outright profiteers.
You would ban procedures for adolescents this very manual says may be appropriate. You can't effectively hide your ignorance and bigotry in this day and age.
People who report feeling transgender should be encouraged to at least try to accept themselves as they are. That's not "conversion therapy," that is trying to avoid unneeded medicalization and surgery.
The manual you link to calls this practice unethical.
But I know you see the medical community as these infallible individuals and that you will always be right if only you parrot what they tell you. Except they tell you that Gender Dysphoria is a mental disorder, and you don't want to believe it.
I don't think they're infallible, I just don't think they're beliefs are properly expressed by you here, a bigot, who's beliefs have been factually proven as contrary to the professionals who write the book on gender dysphoria.
Again, if "woman" is a societal construct only, then my definition of "woman" is as valid as anyone's.
To you. If the rest of society thinks your definition makes you a bigot then you're also a bigot to them. It's one of the dangers of cosplayers like you spending too much time in your fantasy worlds you forget that social constructs require society to construct. You believing in something no one else does is not a social construct its an individual one.
So does that mean that if a person tells me they are a woman, it would be perfectly appropriate for me to say, "No Sir, you are not. Not in my culture."
What isnt or isnt appropriate is subjective so it would depend on the observer. It would be legal for you to say that but in this society I think most decent people would think you're a dick, but that's my subjective opinion. Try it out and see how that works out for you.
Or are you about to tell me some theory of cultural superiority?
I think the numbers speak for themselves. Your culture is headed for extinction.

That's because you're a bigot. That was fairly obvious from the onset.
Name calling is the last resort of the loser.
It's not exactly breaking news that you don't care about distress she was actually feeling and would rather talk about your fanfiction instead.
I'm always concerned about children in distress. I disagree with medicalizing them to please adults.
Except for the part I quoted previously that's says exactly that. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Here, since you're incredibly slow, mentally, I'll post it for you again.

Diverse gender expressions, much like diverse gender identities, are not indications of a mental disorder.
Your struggles with English are showing here. That sentence makes the distinction between diverse expressions and diverse identities and the mental disorder of Gender Dysphoria.

You would need to show a sentence that says, "Gender Dyphoria is not a mental disorder," or "Gender Dyphoria is no longer considered a mental disorder," or "In spite of being included in the DSM with more than 70 mental disorders, Gender Dyphoria is not a mental disorder."
If that wasn't clear enough here's the NHS.

Gender dysphoria

Some people with gender dysphoria, but not all, may want to use hormones and sometimes surgery to express their gender identity.
Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness, but some people may develop mental health problems because of gender dysphoria.
I'm not the least bit interested in the NHS.
Can you provide any excerpt where the manual calls gender dysphoria a mental disorder? The answer is of course no, no you can't.
The DSM lists mental disorders. That's what it is. The DSM-IV (which came before the DSM-V, in case you don't get Roman numerals either), called it "Gender Identity Disorder." Then the DSM-V called it Gender Dysphoria, but nowhere does it say that the name change means that it is no longer a disability. They cannot say that because there would be no scientific justification for that.

What you do not get is that the extremely slim justification for medicalization of youthful gender confusion is that they suffer from a mental disorder called Gender Dysphoria. That's why there has been a sharp increase in transgender childrent being medicalized. Due to Obamacare's requirement that all insurance plans cover this so-called "treatment" means that doctors have a financial motive to give a diagnisis of Gender Dysphoria.

So, if you were right, any medical or surgical treatment of gender confusion under any name would be purely cosmetic.

You would ban procedures for adolescents this very manual says may be appropriate. You can't effectively hide your ignorance and bigotry in this day and age.

The manual you link to calls this practice unethical.
Quote that from the manual.
I don't think they're infallible, I just don't think they're beliefs are properly expressed by you here, a bigot, who's beliefs have been factually proven as contrary to the professionals who write the book on gender dysphoria.
Ironically your accusing anyone who disagree with you a "bigot," is the definition of bigotry.

What is the name of the book they write on Gender Dyphoria? Since you don't like to answer questions, I'll do it for you:

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-5-TR)
To you. If the rest of society thinks your definition makes you a bigot then you're also a bigot to them. It's one of the dangers of cosplayers like you spending too much time in your fantasy worlds you forget that social constructs require society to construct. You believing in something no one else does is not a social construct its an individual one.
Believing that a "woman" is a biological female who is an adult is not a crazy belief that only I hold. That you think so tells me that you spend way too much time on social media, and not enough time talking to actual people.
What isnt or isnt appropriate is subjective so it would depend on the observer. It would be legal for you to say that but in this society I think most decent people would think you're a dick, but that's my subjective opinion. Try it out and see how that works out for you.
They would think I'm a dick for speaking the truth? Then they are not anyone whose opinion would matter to me in the slightest.
I think the numbers speak for themselves. Your culture is headed for extinction.
You're dreaming, but enjoy your fantasy.

Name calling is the last resort of the loser.
Not my last resort, no. I also have more facts from the people who write the manual to embarrass you with. šŸ˜„
I'm always concerned about children in distress. I disagree with medicalizing them to please adults.
Are you talking about the same little girl you sexualized and asked about her genitalia? Evidence points to the contrary.
Your struggles with English are showing here. That sentence makes the distinction between diverse expressions and diverse identities and the mental disorder of Gender Dysphoria.

You would need to show a sentence that says, "Gender Dyphoria is not a mental disorder," or "Gender Dyphoria is no longer considered a mental disorder," or "In spite of being included in the DSM with more than 70 mental disorders, Gender Dyphoria is not a mental disorder."
I have and Ill post more but that isn't for you though. That's for the rest of the posters here so we can all laugh behind your back at how obviously stupid your arguments are. šŸ˜„
I'm not the least bit interested in the NHS
You're not the least bit interested in rationality, science, or anything that doesn't reinforce your bigoted beliefs.
The DSM lists mental disorders. That's what it is. The DSM-IV (which came before the DSM-V, in case you don't get Roman numerals either), called it "Gender Identity Disorder." Then the DSM-V called it Gender Dysphoria, but nowhere does it say that the name change means that it is no longer a disability. They cannot say that because there would be no scientific justification for that.
Speaking of that, you really should of read that link better, Fucktard. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
What you do not get is that the extremely slim justification for medicalization of youthful gender confusion is that they suffer from a mental disorder called Gender Dysphoria.
I get that you're stupid enough to keep repeating the lie.
That's why there has been a sharp increase in transgender childrent being medicalized. Due to Obamacare's requirement that all insurance plans cover this so-called "treatment" means that doctors have a financial motive to give a diagnisis of Gender Dysphoria.
Likewise with conspiracy theories.
So, if you were right, any medical or surgical treatment of gender confusion under any name would be purely cosmetic.
I'm enjoying these amatuer medical opinions before I drop more actual knowledge on you from the people who wrote the manual. šŸ˜„

Quote that from the manual.
I already did but ill happily do so again.

Treatment

Ironically your accusing anyone who disagree with you a "bigot," is the definition of bigotry.
Bigotry exists absent reason. I have plenty of reasons to call you a bigot, including your continued misrepresentation of GD, the doctors who treat it and the people who live with it.
What is the name of the book they write on Gender Dyphoria? Since you don't like to answer questions, I'll do it for you:

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-5-TR)
I know you morons have trouble reading past the covers of books so I'm here to help you out. šŸ˜
Believing that a "woman" is a biological female who is an adult is not a crazy belief that only I hold. That you think so tells me that you spend way too much time on social media, and not enough time talking to actual people.
You should spend less time reasoning with trailer park trash and maybe read a book in this case. šŸ˜„
They would think I'm a dick for speaking the truth? Then they are not anyone whose opinion would matter to me in the slightest.
You think your opinion matters to trans doctors or their patients? šŸ˜„ Who the fuck is coming to you for medical advice?
You're dreaming, but enjoy your fantasy.
Nope. Its a debate for another thread but you should take a peak at how the conservative white wing is doing with the youths.... šŸ˜„

Anyway, I promised earlier to embarrass you with more excerpts from the people who wrote the manual and guess what? They created a page explaining the history of their GD diagnosis. šŸ˜ I'll provide a link but I'll quote the parts that made me laugh at loud thinking about you.

Gender Dysphoria Diagnosis

With the publication of DSMā€“5 in 2013, ā€œgender identity disorderā€ was eliminated and replaced with ā€œgender dysphoria.ā€ This change further focused the diagnosis on the gender identity-related distress that some transgender people experience (and for which they may seek psychiatric, medical, and surgical treatments) rather than on transgender individuals or identities themselves.

Caveats

• The Gender Dysphoria diagnosis functions as a double-edged sword. It provides an avenue for treatment, making medical and surgical options available to TGNC people. However, it also has the potential to stigmatize TGNC people by categorizing them as mentally ill.
  • The ultimate goal would be to categorize TGNC treatment under an endocrine/medical diagnosis.

Ruling out Psychiatric Illness

• It is common for TGNC people who have grown up in an unsupportive environment to express symptoms characteristic with personality disorders. Impulsivity, mood lability, and suicidal ideation occur commonly. This does not necessarily qualify them for a personality disorder diagnosis because personality disorders are typically lifelong and pervasive. TGNC people typically show a reduction or disappearance of these symptoms once they are in a supportive gender-affirming environment.
  • There are no studies indicating that psychiatric illness causes gender dysphoria as a consistent condition over time, although delusions or unstable personality characteristics may manifest as intermittent thoughts or feeling of gender incongruity. Additionally, TGNC people can have other psychiatric disorders (e.g., psychotic, bipolar, depressive, substance use disorders) just as anyone else that is not related to their gender variance.
  • Gender dysphoric symptoms may be the primary focus of treatment, but donā€™t overlook the possibility that other psychiatric symptoms may need to be treated first depending on severity.
  • TGNC people can have psychiatric symptoms of psychotic, anxiety, and mood disorders just like any other part of the population.

Last edited:
Speaking of that, you really should of read that link better, Fucktard. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
You turn into a real little bitch when you lose, my dude.

I already did but ill happily do so again.
No, you did not, but I'll happily read it if you finally do.

Treatment

I never advocated psychological attempts to force a transgender person to be cisgender, so that quote is meaningless to me. Dems are pretending that anything except full hormone and surgical treatment of childrens is forcing them to be cisgender.

Gender Dysphoria Diagnosis

With the publication of DSMā€“5 in 2013, ā€œgender identity disorderā€ was eliminated and replaced with ā€œgender dysphoria.ā€ This change further focused the diagnosis on the gender identity-related distress that some transgender people experience (and for which they may seek psychiatric, medical, and surgical treatments) rather than on transgender individuals or identities themselves.

Caveats

• The Gender Dysphoria diagnosis functions as a double-edged sword. It provides an avenue for treatment, making medical and surgical options available to TGNC people. However, it also has the potential to stigmatize TGNC people by categorizing them as mentally ill.
  • The ultimate goal would be to categorize TGNC treatment under an endocrine/medical diagnosis.
LoL!

Re-catogorizing it is their "ultimate goal?" So, they are after a political and social end, not a scientific one. Just as I said, the science of gender dysphoria has not changed since the DSM-IV, and your argument from authority fallacy falls even flatter than usual when you post something like that.

Why is it a "goal?" Why not just recategorize TGNC treatment under an endocrine/medical diagnosis right now? Since you don't like to asnwer questions, I'll answer it for you: They cannot recategorize it because there is no scientific evidence for such a recategorization. There is only wishful thinking, i.e. a "goal."

Ruling out Psychiatric Illness

• It is common for TGNC people who have grown up in an unsupportive environment to express symptoms characteristic with personality disorders. Impulsivity, mood lability, and suicidal ideation occur commonly. This does not necessarily qualify them for a personality disorder diagnosis because personality disorders are typically lifelong and pervasive. TGNC people typically show a reduction or disappearance of these symptoms once they are in a supportive gender-affirming environment.
  • There are no studies indicating that psychiatric illness causes gender dysphoria as a consistent condition over time, although delusions or unstable personality characteristics may manifest as intermittent thoughts or feeling of gender incongruity. Additionally, TGNC people can have other psychiatric disorders (e.g., psychotic, bipolar, depressive, substance use disorders) just as anyone else that is not related to their gender variance.
  • Gender dysphoric symptoms may be the primary focus of treatment, but donā€™t overlook the possibility that other psychiatric symptoms may need to be treated first depending on severity.
  • TGNC people can have psychiatric symptoms of psychotic, anxiety, and mood disorders just like any other part of the population.
All that quote means is that people with the mental illness of Gender Dysphoria don't always have a personality disorder also.

I get that the mental health community is looking for ways to bow to the woke movement without throwing their scientific credibility out the window. They are already in trouble with the woke because they won't back down from the science of IQ testing, and they don't need to give Democrats another reason to lisp at them.

But changing words in a book don't change science. GD is in the book of mental disorders because it is a mental disorder. Science is not supposed to be a democracy, because democracy is political and politics are poison to science as we have seen over and over.

Compare and comtrast. Which to trust, the obviously mentally unwell or the reknown expert out of finland?

Expert out of finland:
ACTIVISTS AND ORGANIZATIONS THAT DEMAND HORMONE TREATMENTS AND LEGAL GENDER CONFIRMATION FOR MINORS , such as Seta, often repeat that trans youth have an increased risk of suicide and therefore urgently need treatment and support.

"It's purposeful disinformation, the spreading of which is irresponsible," says Kaltiala.

According to him, suicidal thoughts and behavior are also related to concurrent psychiatric disorders in young people who are considering their gender.

"Mentally healthy young people who experience their gender in a way that differs from their biological body are not automatically suicidal."

Suicide was a very rare event in the material of young people who applied for gender identity studies over a ten-year period.

On the other hand, in a large Swedish registry study, suicide mortality was clearly increased among adults who received gender reassignment treatments.

"Therefore, it is not justified to tell the parents of young people experiencing transgenderism that the young person is at risk of suicide without corrective treatment and that the danger can be countered with gender reassignment treatment," says Kaltiala.

What's "the truth"?
"the truth" is the US is a very fucked up place right now, the left and the right fighting it out to see who can be the most fucked up, all the while attacking the other side for being the only fucked up side.

The truth is that China is behind a LOT of this and they have been extremely successful at dividing and damaging America.

Compare and comtrast. Which to trust, the obviously mentally unwell or the reknown expert out of finland?

Expert out of finland:

Thanks for that.

If transfolk are so frequently attempting suicide, my question is this: Why are they so bad at it?

Seriously, if I ever got to the point that I actually wanted to die at my own hand, I assure you I would be successful on the first attempt. It doesn't take a genius, and it doesn't take a gun. People who really want to kill themselves kill themselves.

All the purported "suicide attempst" are just another example of the drama that comes with the transgenderization of children movement.

All the purported "suicide attempst" are just another example of the drama that comes with the transgenderization of children movement.
I'm sure it's nearly always just cries for attention or a form of blackmail.

But, did you see the one guy claim he was suicidal at 2? In a video full of nutz... he's the top nut, imo.

I'm sure it's nearly always just cries for attention or a form of blackmail.

But, did you see the one guy claim he was suicidal at 2? In a video full of nutz... he's the top nut, imo.
Yes, often on the blackmail part. These so-called "suicide attempts," are about as real as a four year old threatening to hold their breath until they die if they don't get McDonalds for supper instead of mom's green bean casserole.

But Democrats believe we should take them seriously by chemically poisoning and surgically mutilating children.

Here are some questions that people in the transgenderization of children movement fail to answer. Maybe some of them on here will step up:

1) Do children know what is best for them better than adults in all areas, or just in transgender treatment?

2) Do you advocate any other elective surgical and hormonal treatment for minors?

If a twelve your old girl identifies as a large breasted woman, are you OK with giving her implants? Keep in mind that is much more reversible than the mastectomies you advocate for children. If you say that she should wait until she is older, why are you such a heartless child hater?

If a twelve year old boy believes that his right pinky interferes with his ability to throw a curve ball, are you fine with it being removed? If the answer is no, what if he expresses suicidal ideation after not making starting pitcher? If the answer is still no, why are you such a heartless child hater?

3) If a cis female athlete expresses concern over changing into her swimsuit in front of a naked biological male on the girl's swim team, what penalty should she be assessed?

4) Since a transgirl's voice nearly always identifies her a biological male, do you advocate that her vocal cords be surgically altered? It is rarely mentioned in connection with children, but it is growing in popularity among adult transgenders. Why are children being excluded from this life-saving treatment?

Not rhetorical, I know the answer, I want to know if you do. (hint: as with the rest of the transgenderization of children movement, follow the money)

5) If a child is surgically altered and later regrets it, are the providers who advocated for the surgery guilty of malpractice?

Forum List

Back