Do you have a problem with Tennessee's "curbs [for] trans treatment and drag for children"?

Tennessee is putting in a place a law, Tennessee, right wing, religious, not very friendly towards LGBT.

The law bans "drag performances in front of children and restricting medical treatment for transgender youth."

Does anyone have a problem with this?
Drag performances are SEXUAL. Kids should not be going to strip clubs, they should not have anyone performing sexual or sex based dances. I even think that thinks twirking should be banned from videos that kids can get their hands on. The amount of obscene stuff that is allowed to be open to everyone seems like "free speech gone too far".

As for the treatment for transgender youths, no kid should be allowed to have such a LIFE ALTERING operation at such a young age. Most teenagers are FUCKED UP in the head going through hormone changes, they need time as an adult to make such decisions.

And most importantly they need (which they won't get in Tennessee, will they?) mental healthcare possibilities.

A lot of transgender people are dealing with mental health issues, and I believe many might think their problems will be solved by having this surgery. What is needed, and needed to start as soon as possible is a study on mental health and transgender people so that healthcare professionals can help such people as early as possible, so they don't end up destroying their lives for a mistaken hope.

I do not have a problem with body altering, non-reversible medical procedures being denied to anyone that is not trusted to make the right decision when it comes to drinking a beer.

I agree children should not be part of any sexual type of show, drag or not. I have not seen how the law defines "drag" so it does make you wonder if one could get arrested for taking a child to see Hairspray or letting them watch Bosom Buddies

The issue here is that a kid of 14 years old doesn't think for themselves. They are full of other people's ideas, full of other people's knowledge, full of stuff other people gave them.
Do you watch the video? She said she always knew she was different and that from a very young age she preferred playing with dolls and painting her nails and despite being constantly bullied in school these feelings persisted.
This isn't me saying that kids don't know that they're different. I've seen kids you just know are gay or something.
Sure, kids and even adults struggle with their identity and self image, that doesn't mean they're malleable to the point where people are able to be easily condition them into believing they are something they're not. Take sexuality. At 14 could someone have easily convinced you to be gay or straight if you are gay? And with positive reinforcement? We've all seen conditioning ourselves. In the 80s and 90s it was common for gay men and women to pretend. To even get married and have kids. This was done through negative reinforcement. By society telling us over and over again that being gay was wrong and sinful. That's how real conditioning is done. By shaming and scaring people. Positive reinforcement doesn't work like that. When people are happy and feel supported they feel more confident in themselves.
The thing is, if you're gay and you have mental problems, you might be thinking that you need an operation to solve all your problems. How many transgender people have all their problems solved with this kind of operation?

None. This isn't their problem.
Homosexuality and gender dysphoria are not the same thing. Why would homosexuals need surgery?
Their problem is assholes who attack them and try and make them feel bad for being who they are with the body they have.
If you're talking about people suffering from gender dysphoria then yes, assholes who attack them are a very big problem, both verbal and physically but they also suffer from the incongruity between their bodies and their identity.

I don't think that you are making the point that you think that you are making.
I'm supposed to take the advice of a little bitch who couldn't accept the fact that a little trans girls exists despite her telling you herself in video? 😄

So you want to mutilate teens and have them go to adult drag queen shows. Why I am not surprised.
Why am I not surprised that none of you are able to address the concerns of the little girl in the video or the concerns of any gender confused kid? What would you monsters and bigots tell that little girl who is happier now living her truth than the nightmare she described before?

Why am I not surprised that none of you are able to address the concerns of the little girl in the video or the concerns of any gender confused kid? What would you monsters and bigots tell that little girl who is happier now living her truth than the nightmare she described before?
Why do you want to mutilate minors and take them to adult drag show?

Forum List

Back