Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
Interesting, though hardly unsurprising responses in this thread. I wrote:

Of course. Only a conservative would -- and do -- think otherwise

And then the following conservatards proved me right.

Some are of inferior intelligence, they're called Democrats.

No such thing as equality in nature.

And no not all people are created equal.

You can not even treat everyone the same as people are different by nature, except far left drones. They all stop maturing at the age of two..

No. However I believe all men deserve equal protection under the law. Precisely because not all men are created equal.

The question is flawed in my opinion. Hell no men are not created equal. Part of the phrase is missing, all men are created equal in the eyes of the law. We should not be treated differently by government, which is what the phrase means.

The potential to be the best you can be should be there for all of us, that's the role of government. A government that tries to administer equal outcomes regardless of your input is a government for the lowest common denominator.

A government that takes from Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.

No. All men are NOT created equal. The very concept is ludicrous on its face. Some are born average. Others are born far above average. Some are born with a deficit to overcome. That's just basic human biology and psychology. Then you add in the benefit or deficit of the family the child may be born into.

All men are created equal, but do not necessarily remain so due to variances in intellect and abilities.

However, all should be held equal before the law, regardless of those variances.

All are equal before the law. No place else.

Depends upon what you mean by "equal".

Some men are better at athletics, while others excel at more intellectual pursuits. Then, some others seem born into mediocrity. Definite lack of equality there, in which case the answer is no.

But are men born to higher stations in life because they're members of the lucky sperm club? Is the law meant to apply all men only applicable to the peasants? This is an area where all men SHOULD BE equal, but history has shown that they aren't.

So, should they be? Yes.

Are they, as a practical matter? No.

Thanks for proving me right, conservatards. You consistently succeed in living up to your expectations. LOL

Hilarious that the notion that all men are created equal is an old Christian teaching intuitively understood by liberals, but almost universally refused by conservatives. And you guys wonder why you're hated the world over...

Yes, I know some conservatives "get" this concept. If grampa who is a reformed ex-con gets it, why can't the rest of you? Conservatism is a mental illness, I guess.

Are you seriously trying to claim all people have the same intellectual, athletic, and artistic abilities?

That ISN'T what "all men are created equal" means, dumbass. Are you fucking retarded or something?

You were the one citing conservatives saying we aren't equal intellectually, athletically, and artistically as evidence that conservatives don't believe all men are created equal.

You did bother reading the responses right?

Yet more Progressive Up Is Down Newspeak from SHYTFobrains.

The Leftwing religion of Progressivism is what promoted Identity Politics and the Biggest Victim Sweepstakes...leading to Some Pigs are More Equal than Others.

What in Allah's name are you babbling about???

Reality, a concept with which you are thoroughly unacquainted.

You might want to actually read through a thread first before running your mouth, eager beaver.

Says the person who hasn't read the thread

Fertilization is only 'creation' in the most poetic sense of the word. Obviously, a person is more than a few cells multiplying.

In the eyes of God yes in the eyes other men not all the time.
For the longest time God seems to have loved the Hebrews (and Jews) more than other peoples. Then for the longest time he seems to have hated them. Now he seems to have tough love for them again.

Ergo this statement about God is hard to justify.

It does seem that even God plays favorites, and this is patently obvious when you looks at different people's skills and opportunities.

DJ Trump's opportunities vastly exceed all of the rest of us. He was thus able to buy the Presidency. Like Napoleon said, he found it lying in the gutter and he picked it up -- in DJT's case -- with his checkbook.

How did President Donald Trump buy the Oval Office when it was Crooked Hillary Clinton who spent $1.2 BILLION and Donald Trump spent $600 MILLION? If you recall, it was petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama who outspent Sen. John McCain by a two to one margin thus purchasing the Oval Office. Obama spent over $780 MILLION, and McCain, who abide by the campaign finance laws spent $360 MILLION.

In that they have certain inalienable rights, yes.

Only some radicals seem to think we don't have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

So the US government should extend the same rights to all men, regardless of their nationality?

Same rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Yes wherever they can.

A third party candidate with $180 million would have given this President more of a challenge than Ms Clinton did.

In any case, something has to happen with campaign spending.

You can not even treat everyone the same as people are different by nature, except far left drones. They all stop maturing at the age of two..

No. However I believe all men deserve equal protection under the law. Precisely because not all men are created equal.

The question is flawed in my opinion. Hell no men are not created equal. Part of the phrase is missing, all men are created equal in the eyes of the law. We should not be treated differently by government, which is what the phrase means.

The potential to be the best you can be should be there for all of us, that's the role of government. A government that tries to administer equal outcomes regardless of your input is a government for the lowest common denominator.

A government that takes from Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.

No. All men are NOT created equal. The very concept is ludicrous on its face. Some are born average. Others are born far above average. Some are born with a deficit to overcome. That's just basic human biology and psychology. Then you add in the benefit or deficit of the family the child may be born into.

All men are created equal, but do not necessarily remain so due to variances in intellect and abilities.

However, all should be held equal before the law, regardless of those variances.

Some men are better at athletics, while others excel at more intellectual pursuits. Then, some others seem born into mediocrity. Definite lack of equality there, in which case the answer is no.

But are men born to higher stations in life because they're members of the lucky sperm club? Is the law meant to apply all men only applicable to the peasants? This is an area where all men SHOULD BE equal, but history has shown that they aren't.

So, should they be? Yes.

Thanks for proving me right, conservatards. You consistently succeed in living up to your expectations. LOL

Hilarious that the notion that all men are created equal is an old Christian teaching intuitively understood by liberals, but almost universally refused by conservatives. And you guys wonder why you're hated the world over...

Yes, I know some conservatives "get" this concept. If grampa who is a reformed ex-con gets it, why can't the rest of you? Conservatism is a mental illness, I guess.

Are you seriously trying to claim all people have the same intellectual, athletic, and artistic abilities?

That ISN'T what "all men are created equal" means, dumbass. Are you fucking retarded or something?

You were the one citing conservatives saying we aren't equal intellectually, athletically, and artistically as evidence that conservatives don't believe all men are created equal.

And what does the fact that conservatives in general don't believe men are created equal have to do with YOUR claim that "men created equal" means men are created with "the same intellectual, athletic and artistic abilities?"

I can tell that having a discussion with you about this subject is going to be very tedious. You have no idea what the phrase means. Not a goddamn clue.

So, should they be? Yes.

Of course not, are you some kind of fool?

The phrase is "all men are created equal". A man/person is created when the sperm fertilizes the egg. Therefore, all men are, in fact, created equal.

I'm aware of that. Which is precisely why I said as much.

So, should they be? Yes.

And what does the fact that conservatives in general don't believe men are created equal have to do with YOUR claim that "men created equal" means men are created with "the same intellectual, athletic and artistic abilities?"

I can tell that having a discussion with you about this subject is going to be very tedious. You have no idea what the phrase means. Not a goddamn clue.

You are seriously one of the stupidest people on this board..

LOL -- great argument. Really, you are one spectacular debater LOL

As in many instances, the expression was used at the time to express a spirit, an idea, in a fashion that was understood then. It was obviously not truly followed, because a slave is obviously not held to be equal in any society. Of course, many back then did not consider blacks human. And, indeed, it is important that the term is 'men' and not 'people' or 'humans'.
Thus, the question, if it is being transfered to today, has also to take into consideration the term 'created'.
The most the statement can be taken for is that all humans would be equally subject to social justice.
Colt did not make equals, just increased the casualties.

No, the Constitution is not subject to "social justice" adjustments. It means what it says, no more, no less.

Again, for the slow pokes:

"All men are created" equal does not mean that all people come into this world with the same talents, abilities and intellect. We're all different and special snowflakes in our own way. It doesn't even have anything to do with our perception "in God's eyes," as if we're able to speak on God's behalf anyway. The phrase refers to our unique value as humans -- no one human is more valuable or worthy than another. It's supposed to serve as a reminder that discrimination is wrong, putting one race above another is wrong, putting anyone "above" another person is wrong. We all share the same innate value as human beings in this world, no one human is "better" or "superior" than another. Men are not better than women, women are not better than men. No "race" or ethnicity is superior to another. We all come into this world the same way, and we leave it the same way.

Like any word of man, the Constitution means what it says to us. We have no way of seeing it from the perspective of the authors. We are alive now and must deal with how we find things now. The Constitution should help us do that when possible.

Like any word of man, the Constitution means what it says to us. We have no way of seeing it from the perspective of the authors. We are alive now and must deal with how we find things now. The Constitution should help us do that when possible.

Of course, we know what the authors meant. It is written very succinctly.

Do you believe that all men are created equal? I'd like your POV. I have asked this on other sites several times, and actually was surprised at the different answers. Curious to see now what is said.

Men = person...so you know.

Yes, I strongly believe that...

Some things not written are also communicated by the Constitution, as with any document. Women were very succinctly left out of the Constitution. That speaks reams about the thinking of the day. My 'opinion' is that women are equal to men (at least). It took amendments to include more humans into "men".
Change is inherent for living things.

LOL -- great argument. Really, you are one spectacular debater LOL

Who is debating? I'm just stating a fact. You can't even follow your own conversation.

You: Conservatives don't believe that all men are created equally!

Several conservatives: People have different degrees of intelligence, physical attributes and abilities but we are all equal before the law.

You: See! They admit they don't believe we are all equal.

Me: So you really think we are equal in our intelligence, athleticism, and various abilities?

You: That's not what "all men are created equally means!" You're stupid!

Me: But you are the one citing those statements as evidence conservatives don't believe all men are created equally...

You: Totally confused.

Not a debate.

Not to mention you don't even believe all men are created equal. But you don't even realize that. That's how foolish you are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back