Are All Men Created Equal?

• Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
Do you believe that all men are created equal? I'd like your POV. I have asked this on other sites several times, and actually was surprised at the different answers. Curious to see now what is said.

Men = person...so you know.

No such thing as equality in nature.

And no not all people are created equal.

You can not even treat everyone the same as people are different by nature, except far left drones. They all stop maturing at the age of two..

Do you believe that all men are created equal? I'd like your POV. I have asked this on other sites several times, and actually was surprised at the different answers. Curious to see now what is said.

No. However I believe all men deserve equal protection under the law. Precisely because not all men are created equal.

The question is flawed in my opinion. Hell no men are not created equal. Part of the phrase is missing, all men are created equal in the eyes of the law. We should not be treated differently by government, which is what the phrase means.

The potential to be the best you can be should be there for all of us, that's the role of government. A government that tries to administer equal outcomes regardless of your input is a government for the lowest common denominator.

A government that takes from Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.

We are all created equal. What happens after that depends on us and our environment and things we are taught and things we learn.

Well having been a student of Timothy Leary philosophies, I would have to ask this question before I answered.

What is your definition of equal?

No. All men are NOT created equal. The very concept is ludicrous on its face. Some are born average. Others are born far above average. Some are born with a deficit to overcome. That's just basic human biology and psychology. Then you add in the benefit or deficit of the family the child may be born into.

All men are created equal, but do not necessarily remain so due to variances in intellect and abilities.

However, all should be held equal before the law, regardless of those variances.

The question is flawed in my opinion. Hell no men are not created equal. Part of the phrase is missing, all men are created equal in the eyes of the law. We should not be treated differently by government, which is what the phrase means.

The potential to be the best you can be should be there for all of us, that's the role of government. A government that tries to administer equal outcomes regardless of your input is a government for the lowest common denominator.

A government that takes from Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.
The "law" is enforced by man.
Man includes all of his biases & prejudices in every judgment he makes.

All men are created equal, but do not necessarily remain so due to variances in intellect and abilities.

However, all should be held equal before the law, regardless of those variances.
"Should be" but just like every other aspect of life money buys influence & favor. The poor man pays for his position in life much more severely than any man with money.

Depends upon what you mean by "equal".

Some men are better at athletics, while others excel at more intellectual pursuits. Then, some others seem born into mediocrity. Definite lack of equality there, in which case the answer is no.

But are men born to higher stations in life because they're members of the lucky sperm club? Is the law meant to apply all men only applicable to the peasants? This is an area where all men SHOULD BE equal, but history has shown that they aren't.

So, should they be? Yes.

Are they, as a practical matter? No.

The "law" is enforced by man.
Man includes all of his biases & prejudices in every judgment he makes.
Enforcement is a different topic altogether. The laws as written are to be equal to all.

In the eyes of God yes in the eyes other men not all the time.
Why would God see Hitler and Mother Teresa equally?
Because that's what the book of fairy tales says
No it doesn't. It's a common misconception within Christianity.
God loves all his children. Hitler may be in heaven right now. His life's deeds are meaningless compared to his heart moments before death. That is the ignorance of Christianity. I could be THE WORST MASS MURDERER in history but if I accept Christ at any point before my final breath is passed all of that is wiped away.

The parable is one of kindness & forgiveness. It is also really fucking stupid.

Forum List

Back