Are All Men Created Equal?

• Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
All men are created equal, but do not necessarily remain so due to variances in intellect and abilities.

However, all should be held equal before the law, regardless of those variances.
"Should be" but just like every other aspect of life money buys influence & favor. The poor man pays for his position in life much more severely than any man with money.

Nothing in life will ever be perfect.

All men are created equal, but do not necessarily remain so due to variances in intellect and abilities.

However, all should be held equal before the law, regardless of those variances.
"Should be" but just like every other aspect of life money buys influence & favor. The poor man pays for his position in life much more severely than any man with money.

Nothing in life will ever be perfect.
You'll get no argument out of me on this issue.

Oddly enough a few years back a staunch hard core liberal, which just so happened to be a black guy, argued and argued with me that all men were NOT created equal.
Please tell us more about the random idiot you met on the internet!!!
multi.gif

Possibly my most favourite sentence in written human history (outside of the bible):

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."

I know this argument has been overused by liberals a million times before, but it really is true. Some of the people who wrote that... OWNED people.

:dunno:

How and why do you make an assessment of my political views based on the quoting of the American Constitution?

There is no Liberal or Conservative in the Constitution, it's for Americans of all stripes, walks of life. Hence, the sentence and point of the argument.

It WASN'T for Americans of all stripes. It may be now, but our founders didn't have black people in mind at the time.

Actually they did. That is the reason for the phrase, "ALL men are created equal". They were planning for the future.

Interesting, though hardly unsurprising responses in this thread. I wrote:

Of course. Only a conservative would -- and do -- think otherwise

And then the following conservatards proved me right.

Some are of inferior intelligence, they're called Democrats.

No such thing as equality in nature.

And no not all people are created equal.

You can not even treat everyone the same as people are different by nature, except far left drones. They all stop maturing at the age of two..

No. However I believe all men deserve equal protection under the law. Precisely because not all men are created equal.

The question is flawed in my opinion. Hell no men are not created equal. Part of the phrase is missing, all men are created equal in the eyes of the law. We should not be treated differently by government, which is what the phrase means.

The potential to be the best you can be should be there for all of us, that's the role of government. A government that tries to administer equal outcomes regardless of your input is a government for the lowest common denominator.

A government that takes from Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.

No. All men are NOT created equal. The very concept is ludicrous on its face. Some are born average. Others are born far above average. Some are born with a deficit to overcome. That's just basic human biology and psychology. Then you add in the benefit or deficit of the family the child may be born into.

All are equal before the law. No place else.

Depends upon what you mean by "equal".

Some men are better at athletics, while others excel at more intellectual pursuits. Then, some others seem born into mediocrity. Definite lack of equality there, in which case the answer is no.

But are men born to higher stations in life because they're members of the lucky sperm club? Is the law meant to apply all men only applicable to the peasants? This is an area where all men SHOULD BE equal, but history has shown that they aren't.

So, should they be? Yes.

Are they, as a practical matter? No.

Thanks for proving me right, conservatards. You consistently succeed in living up to your expectations. LOL

Hilarious that the notion that all men are created equal is an old Christian teaching intuitively understood by liberals, but almost universally refused by conservatives. And you guys wonder why you're hated the world over...

Yes, I know some conservatives "get" this concept. If grampa who is a reformed ex-con gets it, why can't the rest of you? Conservatism is a mental illness, I guess.

In that they have certain inalienable rights, yes.

Only some radicals seem to think we don't have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

You can not even treat everyone the same as people are different by nature, except far left drones. They all stop maturing at the age of two..

No. However I believe all men deserve equal protection under the law. Precisely because not all men are created equal.

The question is flawed in my opinion. Hell no men are not created equal. Part of the phrase is missing, all men are created equal in the eyes of the law. We should not be treated differently by government, which is what the phrase means.

The potential to be the best you can be should be there for all of us, that's the role of government. A government that tries to administer equal outcomes regardless of your input is a government for the lowest common denominator.

A government that takes from Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.

No. All men are NOT created equal. The very concept is ludicrous on its face. Some are born average. Others are born far above average. Some are born with a deficit to overcome. That's just basic human biology and psychology. Then you add in the benefit or deficit of the family the child may be born into.

Some men are better at athletics, while others excel at more intellectual pursuits. Then, some others seem born into mediocrity. Definite lack of equality there, in which case the answer is no.

But are men born to higher stations in life because they're members of the lucky sperm club? Is the law meant to apply all men only applicable to the peasants? This is an area where all men SHOULD BE equal, but history has shown that they aren't.

So, should they be? Yes.

Thanks for proving me right, conservatards. You consistently succeed in living up to your expectations. LOL

Hilarious that the notion that all men are created equal is an old Christian teaching intuitively understood by liberals, but almost universally refused by conservatives. And you guys wonder why you're hated the world over...

Yes, I know some conservatives "get" this concept. If grampa who is a reformed ex-con gets it, why can't the rest of you? Conservatism is a mental illness, I guess.

Are you seriously trying to claim all people have the same intellectual, athletic, and artistic abilities?

Do you believe that all men are created equal? I'd like your POV. I have asked this on other sites several times, and actually was surprised at the different answers. Curious to see now what is said.

Men = person...so you know.
I'm a liberal and I staunch disagree with the idea that all men are created equal. However, I strongly support that they should be given equal opportunity...which is a separate issue.

Just as a quick example to support my position, saying all men are created equal would be like saying that everybody is capable of achieving basketball greatness like Michael Jordan, capable of the singing talents of Michael Jackson, able to have the intellectual innovation and genius to match Sir Issac Newton, or be capable of the acts of pure good shown by Mother Teresa. This just simply is not true. We are made differently and unequal. However, it is the beauty of our inequality that makes unity special and makes those that are able to achieve greatness worthy of being the role models we pursue.

So, should they be? Yes.

Are you seriously trying to claim all people have the same intellectual, athletic, and artistic abilities?

That ISN'T what "all men are created equal" means, dumbass. Are you fucking retarded or something?

Yet more Progressive Up Is Down Newspeak from SHYTFobrains.

The Leftwing religion of Progressivism is what promoted Identity Politics and the Biggest Victim Sweepstakes...leading to Some Pigs are More Equal than Others.

You say this as if Christianity is a given. I'm not one and haven't been in years. Religion is not the basis of my politics.

I hate everyone else, so why wouldn't I expect them all to hate me too?

Do you believe that all men are created equal? I'd like your POV. I have asked this on other sites several times, and actually was surprised at the different answers. Curious to see now what is said.

Men = person...so you know.
I'm a liberal and I staunch disagree with the idea that all men are created equal. However, I strongly support that they should be given equal opportunity...which is a separate issue.

Just as a quick example to support my position, saying all men are created equal would be like saying that everybody is capable of achieving basketball greatness like Michael Jordan, capable of the singing talents of Michael Jackson, able to have the intellectual innovation and genius to match Sir Issac Newton, or be capable of the acts of pure good shown by Mother Teresa. This just simply is not true. We are made differently and unequal. However, it is the beauty of our inequality that makes unity special and makes those that are able to achieve greatness worthy of being the role models we pursue.

That's not what created equal means, bub.

It means that all humans are created equal with inalienable rights coming from The Creator (God, nature, whatever your ideology specifies). Nobody has the right to infringe upon another's inalienable rights (which at bottom are essentially the right to be left alone).

"All men are created" equal does not mean that all people come into this world with the same talents, abilities and intellect. We're all different and special snowflakes in our own way. It doesn't even have anything to do with our perception "in God's eyes," as if we're able to speak on God's behalf anyway. The phrase refers to our unique value as humans -- no one human is more valuable or worthy than another. It's supposed to serve as a reminder that discrimination is wrong, putting one race above another is wrong, putting anyone "above" another person is wrong. We all share the same innate value as human beings in this world, no one human is "better" or "superior" than another. Men are not better than women, women are not better than men. No "race" or ethnicity is superior to another. We all come into this world the same way, and we leave it the same way.

We are all created equal. What happens after that depends on us and our environment and things we are taught and things we learn.
I almost agree with this, but it is not true either.

You cannot compare the extremely bright with the extremely stupid. And they were created that way at birth.

Same is true of the extremely brave and the extremely cowardly.

Forum List

Back