Are All Men Created Equal?

• Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
Thanks for proving me right, conservatards. You consistently succeed in living up to your expectations. LOL

Hilarious that the notion that all men are created equal is an old Christian teaching intuitively understood by liberals, but almost universally refused by conservatives. And you guys wonder why you're hated the world over...

Yes, I know some conservatives "get" this concept. If grampa who is a reformed ex-con gets it, why can't the rest of you? Conservatism is a mental illness, I guess.

First of all, I'm not a conservative, Mr. Broadbrush Bozo.

Secondly, the word "equal" is not fixed throughout all contexts. I am definitely not equal to Tom Brady, that's why he makes the big bucks. However, the context of "all men are created equal" refers to a rejection of royalty/caste systems, where men are born into inequality.

Leave it to a know-it-all moonbat assclown like you to look upon such things is such a black and white manner. Saaay, isn't that something that only "conservatards" do?

Oddly enough a few years back a staunch hard core liberal, which just so happened to be a black guy, argued and argued with me that all men were NOT created equal.
Please tell us more about the random idiot you met on the internet!!!
multi.gif

:eusa_naughty:

Oddly enough a few years back a staunch hard core liberal, which just so happened to be a black guy, argued and argued with me that all men were NOT created equal.
He was correct.

Not in my opinion. I believe we are all equal. I am no better than anyone, and no one is better than I am.

And people need to note.......this is not ''act equal'' ''seem equal'' treated equal'' ''look equal''.......this is created.

Interesting, though hardly unsurprising responses in this thread. I wrote:

Of course. Only a conservative would -- and do -- think otherwise

And then the following conservatards proved me right.

Some are of inferior intelligence, they're called Democrats.

No such thing as equality in nature.

And no not all people are created equal.

You can not even treat everyone the same as people are different by nature, except far left drones. They all stop maturing at the age of two..

No. However I believe all men deserve equal protection under the law. Precisely because not all men are created equal.

The question is flawed in my opinion. Hell no men are not created equal. Part of the phrase is missing, all men are created equal in the eyes of the law. We should not be treated differently by government, which is what the phrase means.

The potential to be the best you can be should be there for all of us, that's the role of government. A government that tries to administer equal outcomes regardless of your input is a government for the lowest common denominator.

A government that takes from Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.

No. All men are NOT created equal. The very concept is ludicrous on its face. Some are born average. Others are born far above average. Some are born with a deficit to overcome. That's just basic human biology and psychology. Then you add in the benefit or deficit of the family the child may be born into.

All men are created equal, but do not necessarily remain so due to variances in intellect and abilities.

However, all should be held equal before the law, regardless of those variances.

All are equal before the law. No place else.

Depends upon what you mean by "equal".

Some men are better at athletics, while others excel at more intellectual pursuits. Then, some others seem born into mediocrity. Definite lack of equality there, in which case the answer is no.

But are men born to higher stations in life because they're members of the lucky sperm club? Is the law meant to apply all men only applicable to the peasants? This is an area where all men SHOULD BE equal, but history has shown that they aren't.

So, should they be? Yes.

Are they, as a practical matter? No.

Thanks for proving me right, conservatards. You consistently succeed in living up to your expectations. LOL

Hilarious that the notion that all men are created equal is an old Christian teaching intuitively understood by liberals, but almost universally refused by conservatives. And you guys wonder why you're hated the world over...

Yes, I know some conservatives "get" this concept. If grampa who is a reformed ex-con gets it, why can't the rest of you? Conservatism is a mental illness, I guess.

Are you seriously trying to claim all people have the same intellectual, athletic, and artistic abilities?

Of course not, are you some kind of fool?

The phrase is "all men are created equal". A man/person is created when the sperm fertilizes the egg. Therefore, all men are, in fact, created equal.
Not really... Look at down syndom for example. Oddball chromosome at the moment of conception.

Last edited:
As in many instances, the expression was used at the time to express a spirit, an idea, in a fashion that was understood then. It was obviously not truly followed, because a slave is obviously not held to be equal in any society. Of course, many back then did not consider blacks human. And, indeed, it is important that the term is 'men' and not 'people' or 'humans'.
Thus, the question, if it is being transfered to today, has also to take into consideration the term 'created'.
The most the statement can be taken for is that all humans would be equally subject to social justice.
Colt did not make equals, just increased the casualties.
Many principles and ideals were aspired to at the revolutionary times when the U.S. was formed. These were expressed in the language of that time in ways commonly understood at that time. They were relative to their moment. That is how language works. What was said and done then evolved society, became integrated into it, and evolved further into other contemporary nuances. Our language today contains the same words, but our thoughts, reactions and emotions are developed from what they have become and are not necessarily identical with what they were.

As in many instances, the expression was used at the time to express a spirit, an idea, in a fashion that was understood then. It was obviously not truly followed, because a slave is obviously not held to be equal in any society. Of course, many back then did not consider blacks human. And, indeed, it is important that the term is 'men' and not 'people' or 'humans'.
Thus, the question, if it is being transfered to today, has also to take into consideration the term 'created'.
The most the statement can be taken for is that all humans would be equally subject to social justice.
Many principles and ideals were aspired to at the revolutionary times when the U.S. was formed. These were expressed in the language of that time in ways commonly understood at that time. They were relative to their moment. That is how language works. What was said and done then evolved society, became integrated into it, and evolved further into other contemporary nuances. Our language today contains the same words, but our thoughts, reactions and emotions are developed from what they have become and are not necessarily identical with what they were.
You'd need to explain that to a Troglodite like myself. Which idioms changed that we misunderstand today?

"All men are created" equal does not mean that all people come into this world with the same talents, abilities and intellect. We're all different and special snowflakes in our own way. It doesn't even have anything to do with our perception "in God's eyes," as if we're able to speak on God's behalf anyway. The phrase refers to our unique value as humans -- no one human is more valuable or worthy than another. It's supposed to serve as a reminder that discrimination is wrong, putting one race above another is wrong, putting anyone "above" another person is wrong. We all share the same innate value as human beings in this world, no one human is "better" or "superior" than another. Men are not better than women, women are not better than men. No "race" or ethnicity is superior to another. We all come into this world the same way, and we leave it the same way.

Aww, how noble, I almost shed a tear.
This is 100% totally trivial BULLSHIT!
People who live life with their head in their ass would love nothing more than for this to become standard philosophy...just like the slow fat kid on the track team would love to be considered equal to those who actually contribute.
You see, in the real world equality is earned based on ones actions and behaviors....sorry low-life's that's just the way it is outside your fictitious utopian bliss that you work so hard to create in your little tiny minds.
One must act like an equal to be treated equally. This is so simple.
Here's an example for the really stupid people who love semantics and hair splitting:
Charles Manson and Bill Gates are not "equals".
Your filthy 5' tall illegal beaner is not an "equal" to me.
Carry on and let the spin begin.

You'd need to explain that to a Troglodite like myself. Which idioms changed that we misunderstand today?
See post #111.

See post #111.
He is disagreeing with you. Doesn't compute. The question was what idioms have changed so we're getting it wrong today.

That ISN'T what "all men are created equal" means, dumbass. Are you fucking retarded or something?

You were the one citing conservatives saying we aren't equal intellectually, athletically, and artistically as evidence that conservatives don't believe all men are created equal.

You did bother reading the responses right?

And what does the fact that conservatives in general don't believe men are created equal have to do with YOUR claim that "men created equal" means men are created with "the same intellectual, athletic and artistic abilities?"

I can tell that having a discussion with you about this subject is going to be very tedious. You have no idea what the phrase means. Not a goddamn clue.

You are seriously one of the stupidest people on this board..

LOL -- great argument. Really, you are one spectacular debater LOL

Who is debating? I'm just stating a fact. You can't even follow your own conversation.

You: Conservatives don't believe that all men are created equally!

Several conservatives: People have different degrees of intelligence, physical attributes and abilities but we are all equal before the law.

You: See! They admit they don't believe we are all equal.

Me: So you really think we are equal in our intelligence, athleticism, and various abilities?

You: That's not what "all men are created equally means!" You're stupid!

Me: But you are the one citing those statements as evidence conservatives don't believe all men are created equally...

You: Totally confused.

Not a debate.

Not to mention you don't even believe all men are created equal. But you don't even realize that. That's how foolish you are.

Lie. It is proven fact that it is the Democrats/Progressives who pigeon hole all races and minorities for the sole purpose of pandering to each. Relax, that's okay, you've just been found out because you actually DO NOTHING for those groups you target.

CharlesPayne_zps0de74f0b.jpg

That ISN'T what "all men are created equal" means, dumbass. Are you fucking retarded or something?

You were the one citing conservatives saying we aren't equal intellectually, athletically, and artistically as evidence that conservatives don't believe all men are created equal.

You did bother reading the responses right?

And what does the fact that conservatives in general don't believe men are created equal have to do with YOUR claim that "men created equal" means men are created with "the same intellectual, athletic and artistic abilities?"

I can tell that having a discussion with you about this subject is going to be very tedious. You have no idea what the phrase means. Not a goddamn clue.

You are seriously one of the stupidest people on this board..

LOL -- great argument. Really, you are one spectacular debater LOL

Who is debating? I'm just stating a fact. You can't even follow your own conversation.

You: Conservatives don't believe that all men are created equally!

Several conservatives: People have different degrees of intelligence, physical attributes and abilities but we are all equal before the law.

You: See! They admit they don't believe we are all equal.

Me: So you really think we are equal in our intelligence, athleticism, and various abilities?

You: That's not what "all men are created equally means!" You're stupid!

Me: But you are the one citing those statements as evidence conservatives don't believe all men are created equally...

You: Totally confused.

Not a debate.

Not to mention you don't even believe all men are created equal. But you don't even realize that. That's how foolish you are.

Thanks for confirming that you really are too stupid to have this conversation. I only made the statement that conservatives almost universally believe that men are not created equal, and cited posts from multiple conservative morons stating they don't believe men are created equal.

Then you come along and make the asinine argument that it has to do with talents and abilities. LOL, you really are one mentally challenged individual, dude. Jesus. If the phrase really did refer to intelligence and we as a culture followed this phrase as literally as dumbshit conservatives interpret it -- you would have been placed in a very special school at an early aged and shunned as the idiot you are for your entire life.

I was waiting for some conservative fuckboy to admit that they think they're superior to Mexicans. Thanks! I knew it all along.

Easy now buddy...get a hold of yourself...don't break that cardinal rule and become intolerant.
I noticed you picked a sentence from my context that you thought you could play a little semantics with...Did anything else I said make any sense in your simple little peanut brain?

I was waiting for some conservative fuckboy to admit that they think they're superior to Mexicans. Thanks! I knew it all along.

Easy now buddy...get a hold of yourself...don't break that cardinal rule and become intolerant.
I noticed you picked a sentence from my context that you thought you could play a little semantics with...Did anything else I said make any sense in your simple little peanut brain?

I'm not "tolerant" of blathering idiots. And I took nothing out of context, you degenerate.

Like any word of man, the Constitution means what it says to us. We have no way of seeing it from the perspective of the authors. We are alive now and must deal with how we find things now. The Constitution should help us do that when possible.
What Really Put the Crack in the Liberty Bell

"All men are created equal" is from the Declaration of Independence. Its author was excluded from helping write the Constitution, which was written behind closed doors by lawyers for the 1%.

Forum List

Back