Do You Believe We Came From Monkeys?

We're primates that developed from a common ancestor 5-7 million years ago that yes was an ape.

That is a fact....The evidence is very strong.

Not a fact, it is a theory, big difference. And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?
Now that is a question worthy of a second grade student, one slightly retarded. And you obviously do not understand the meaning of 'Theory' in science.

scientific theory
noun
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of factsor phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed throughexperiment or observation:
the scientific theory of evolution.

the definition of scientific theory

We're primates that developed from a common ancestor 5-7 million years ago that yes was an ape.

Not a fact, it is a theory, big difference. And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?

Humans, Orangs, Gorillas, Chimps, we've all been evolving in parallel.
Soooo.....we just got there first?
Got where first? Do you think that the development of reason is the aim of evolution? Evolution has no direction. It is life's reactions to environment. When intellect works, it will be developed. When something else works for that environment, that will be developed.

I know there are similarities but I think they are coincidental, like cats and seals both have whiskers. But cats didn't come from seals or vice a versa.

Does anyone believe that?

It seems that christians believe men sprang from nothing and women sprang from a man's rib.

Pretty silly, I know but what is it you believe? And why did you write the post?
I believe we all came from West Virginia and Kentucky.
Then we are doomed. LOL

And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?

The apes we descended from are no more.

The apes never existed.

And every time they think they've found *evidence* that we are *evolved* from some non-human creature, it is debunked.

Flores Man ‘hobbits’ found in Indonesia were NOT our human relatives, scientists confirm
LOL Silly ass, the hobbit is related to us, through our ancestor, Homo Erectus. We are distant cousins.

But then, if we came from monkeys, why aren't monkeys still turning into people?

Given a long enough period of time and environmental stresses, they'd turn into something.
Maybe not something as smart as humans....maybe only liberals.
So Todd, these are your peers you are arguing with. They are also dyed in the wool 'Conservatives'. LOL

I know there are similarities but I think they are coincidental, like cats and seals both have whiskers. But cats didn't come from seals or vice a versa.

Evolution is not based on the notion that "we came from monkeys."

"Do You Believe We Came From Monkeys?"
Monkeys? No. Non-monkey primates? Yes.

In the Science & Technology subforum, that's the question you posed to us as you posed it? Why? (And I don't mean "why" this particular subforum.)
Do you know that our species of ape may not even have been the most intelligent? But our species murdered that species. Wiped them out. We have a little of them in us. What is that redhead gene?

GOP%2BDecline.jpg
There are no monkeys in your fake image? Do you even know what you're doing?
Yes there are, the last 2., especially the last one!
donald-trump-cartoon1_zpsxmkoxoff.jpg

Actually, the theory of evolution does not contend we are direct descendant from monkeys, but rather we share a common ancestry. And yes, i do subscribe to the theory of evolution.

Forum List

Back