Watch: This Is How We Could Turn Mars Into Earth 2.0

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

I say we should try to do it! Of course, the backwards sheep riders won't like that but fuck em.

Honestly,1. I'd start with setting up machines on the surface to make more co2.
2. Create network of mirrors in space focusing sunlight onto the co2/water ice caps.
3. Engineer plants to suck up co2 and turn it into oxygen.

Maybe I'd take a few of the icy asteroids of the asteroid belt and slam it into the planet to increase the percentage of water.

Last edited:
images

I say we should try to do it! Of course, the backwards sheep riders won't like that but fuck em.

2. Create network of mirrors in space focusing sunlight onto the co2/water ice caps.

Maybe I'd take a few of the icy asteroids of the asteroid belt and slam it into the planet to increase the percentage of water.

'Get to Mars during my first term': Donald Trump talks to Nasa astronauts in livestream

Do you really believe that the military industrial complex doesn't have a base or colony on Mars? They are any where from 50 to 100 years ahead of what we are allowed to know. We have CPUs that can fit into the dimple of a golf ball that can make make a laptop computer run........you have no idea of the real technology that we "drones" are not allowed to know about.

All of that in 1 minute 53 seconds.. :eusa_dance:

We should wait and see the results of pumping 32GTons of CO2 per year of CO2 into our atmosphere first -- dontcha think? Haven't managed to move the needle 2 degC doing that now for 80 years. :wink:

It's water vapor that makes earth livable. Especially on a colder planet, you'd need to KEEP it unfrozen. Or you'll run out of nuclear bombs to melt it back.

Remember what James Hansen told you -- all those 3200Gtons of CO2 have delivered a daily dose of "extra heat" equivalent to 3,000 nuclear detonations a day. Getting enough energy and fuel to RUN those "CO2 machines" is an immense challenge.

And the water we have is the result of 80 billion years or so of cosmic "delivery". Not that many comets around to lasso and force to crash.

Interesting dream -- or nightmare if you're an interplanetary comet wrangler who hasn't had a decent pizza in 20 years.

I find it hard to believe that you said that, Mr. Flacaltenn. Water vapor keeps the Earth livable? No, water vapor is a feedback from CO2. When we had the snowball earth, the CO2 was at a very low level and only after the volcanoes had put enough CO2 back into the atmosphere, did the Earth warm up again.

SNOWBALL EARTH

Do you really believe that the military industrial complex doesn't have a base or colony on Mars? They are any where from 50 to 100 years ahead of what we are allowed to know. We have CPUs that can fit into the dimple of a golf ball that can make make a laptop computer run........you have no idea of the real technology that we "drones" are not allowed to know about.
Oh, where is my little tin hat, little tin hat, little tin hat.........................................................................................

I find it hard to believe that you said that, Mr. Flacaltenn. Water vapor keeps the Earth livable? No, water vapor is a feedback from CO2. When we had the snowball earth, the CO2 was at a very low level and only after the volcanoes had put enough CO2 back into the atmosphere, did the Earth warm up again.

SNOWBALL EARTH

Jeebus. Snowball earth had little atmospheric water vapor either. Didn't it? Water vapor is not a "feedback from CO2". CO2 is just a more persistent and better distributed form of "insulation". With slightly better heat absorption characteristics. Water vapor is the DOMINANT greenhouse gas by far. So dominant -- it swamps 1/3 to 1/2 of the absorption capacity of CO2 where it exists.

How do you know Mars was not our home first but because of human nature to destroy we had to come here?

SNOWBALL EARTH

Jeebus. Snowball earth had little atmospheric water vapor either. Didn't it? Water vapor is not a "feedback from CO2". CO2 is just a more persistent and better distributed form of "insulation". With slightly better heat absorption characteristics. Water vapor is the DOMINANT greenhouse gas by far. So dominant -- it swamps 1/3 to 1/2 of the absorption capacity of CO2 where it exists.
The amount of water vapor in the atmosphere is determined by the temperature of the atmosphere. Lot's of CO2 in the atmosphere, and you will have a lot of water vapor in the atmosphere because the atmosphere will be warm. That is why CO2 is called a GHG. Very little CO2 in the air, and the atmosphere will cool, and there will be far less water in the atmosphere.

The residence time of CO2 in the atmosphere is decades to centuries. The residence time for water vapor is less than ten days. So the water vapor in the atmosphere is a feedback from the level of CO2 in the atmosphere.

How do you know Mars was not our home first but because of human nature to destroy we had to come here?
And everything else on this earth, also? For you see all life that we have found on earth has the same kind of DNA as we do.

SNOWBALL EARTH

The amount of water vapor in the atmosphere is determined by the temperature of the atmosphere. Lot's of CO2 in the atmosphere, and you will have a lot of water vapor in the atmosphere because the atmosphere will be warm. That is why CO2 is called a GHG. Very little CO2 in the air, and the atmosphere will cool, and there will be far less water in the atmosphere.

The residence time of CO2 in the atmosphere is decades to centuries. The residence time for water vapor is less than ten days. So the water vapor in the atmosphere is a feedback from the level of CO2 in the atmosphere.

That's what I said ORocks. Except that BOTH are GHGases. CO2 is just a more persistent form. Neither Water Vapor or CO2 bailed the Planet out of snowball Earth. In FACT, the clearest possibility is that melting ICE created a considerable boost in Atmos heat retention thru water vapor --- WAAAAAAAAY before a couple miles of ice revealed any SUBSTANTIAL sequestered CO2. Although the melting ice would have restored a small fraction of the atmos CO2 trapped in that ice.

And everything else on this earth, also? For you see all life that we have found on earth has the same kind of DNA as we do.

Such a small mind!

I bet you believe humanity came from apes, am I correct?

Of course you do and that theory must be true like the Earth is the center of the Universe and the Sun revolves the around the Earth.

Man has been shooting for the stars for a reason and if I am correct then it show how close minded those like you and the op'er are.

I bet you believe we're the only intelligent life in the Universe, am I correct?

Such a small mind!

I bet you believe humanity came from apes, am I correct?

Of course you do and that theory must be true like the Earth is the center of the Universe and the Sun revolves the around the Earth.

Man has been shooting for the stars for a reason and if I am correct then it show how close minded those like you and the op'er are.

I bet you believe we're the only intelligent life in the Universe, am I correct?
No, from a common ancestor.

That is the theory that the religious people had.

Don't know what you tried to say with that sentence. Do you?

New Topics

Forum List

Back