Do You Believe We Came From Monkeys?

We're primates that developed from a common ancestor 5-7 million years ago that yes was an ape.

That is a fact....The evidence is very strong.
Curiously, the elusive missing link that would establish a nexus between the hominids and the apes has never been found if it ever existed at all. The Australopithecines ...lucy and the gang... are the closest thing to it thus far

We're primates that developed from a common ancestor 5-7 million years ago that yes was an ape.

Not a fact, it is a theory, big difference. And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?

Humans, Orangs, Gorillas, Chimps, we've all been evolving in parallel.
When you think orangutans, gorillas, and chimps will land on the moon, master fire, make electronics, create the written word, master flight, make beautiful music, make vaccines, create the internet or nuclear weapons, etc?

They won't. We homo sapiens are the result of a different evolutionary path, not taken by our fellow simians. We evolved bipedalism, opposable thumbs, and larger brains.
and yet you claim all these species evolved in parallel.

I know there are similarities but I think they are coincidental, like cats and seals both have whiskers. But cats didn't come from seals or vice a versa.

Does anyone believe that?

It seems that christians believe men sprang from nothing and women sprang from a man's rib.

Pretty silly, I know but what is it you believe? And why did you write the post?
What is pretty silly is to think all creation....just happened. That somehow the enormous universe just came about without any involvement from anyone or anything. That man somehow evolved into a thinking species capable of creating amazing things, but all other species did not and this just...happened with no outside force making it happen.

Seems illogical to me.

Not a fact, it is a theory, big difference. And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?
Now that is a question worthy of a second grade student, one slightly retarded. And you obviously do not understand the meaning of 'Theory' in science.

scientific theory
noun
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of factsor phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed throughexperiment or observation:
the scientific theory of evolution.

the definition of scientific theory

still not a FACT, do you understand that? or does your second grade education not allow for that? Many scientific theories have been proven untrue.

I know there are similarities but I think they are coincidental, like cats and seals both have whiskers. But cats didn't come from seals or vice a versa.

All one has to do is watch the regressive Snowflakes. They're showing exactly where we came from!

We didn't. We evolved from a common ancestor.

We didn't come from monkeys but from a common ancestor??

Like a squirrel? Did we come from squirrels?
Well, we are distantly related to squirrels and other rodents. Look at their front paws and hind feet. Just one of the similiarities;

Similarity in form and function of the hippocampus in rodents, monkeys, and humans
Robert E. Clarka,b,1 and Larry R. Squirea,b,c,d

Here, we describe the successful development during the past few decades of a model of human memory and human memory impairment in monkeys and rodents. This work, which focused on the hippocampus and anatomically related brain regions, provides a robust illustration of similar neuroanatomy and function across species. The expectation that the study of experimental animals should yield insights into the organization of human memory is certainly reasonable when considered in the light of evolution and evolutionary theory. Indeed, the central idea behind the study of nonhuman mammals is the notion that what can be learned about mammalian behavior and mammalian brains can improve understanding of the human brain and the human condition. However, this perspective was not so easily attained. We begin by describing an historical scientific debate in which this fundamental idea (continuity between nonhumans and humans) was challenged on the basis of supposed neuroanatomical differences between humans and other primates. The debate took place in the early 1860s, just after the 1859 publication of Darwin’s On the Origin of Species (1). We then describe the difficult road that was traveled to develop an animal model of human memory impairment.

Similarity in form and function of the hippocampus in rodents, monkeys, and humans

Yes, what is being said is that a rat is your distant cousin. LOL

All one has to do is watch the regressive Snowflakes. They're showing exactly where we came from!
Hey dingleberry, it is the knuckle dragging 'Conservatives' that are unable to see the obvious evidence that life has evolved and is still evolving. Look at the number of idiots in the orange clown's admin that are Creationists.

Now that is a question worthy of a second grade student, one slightly retarded. And you obviously do not understand the meaning of 'Theory' in science.

scientific theory
noun
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of factsor phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed throughexperiment or observation:
the scientific theory of evolution.

the definition of scientific theory

still not a FACT, do you understand that? or does your second grade education not allow for that? Many scientific theories have been proven untrue.
LOL God, you are a stupid fuck. So, most of the scientific theories have been proven untrue? So this computer that you are using to post on has nothing at all to do with electrical and electronics theory? It was prayed into being by your nearest holy roller preacher, right? That airplane that you have ridden in has nothing to do with aerodynamic theory? Facts support theories. Theory is a good as it gets in science. I wish dumb fucks like you would actually research something instead of just posting your willful ignorance all over the boards.

The exact origin of today’s dog is unclear, but studies show both dogs and wolves evolved from an extinct species of wolf of European origin that lived 30,000 years ago.

Just as apes and humans evolved from a common ancestor. Thanks!

Cherry picking.

Researchers have shown that while the modern day gray wolf is related to dogs genetically, dogs are not direct descendants of the modern gray wolf. According to studies, the gray wolf and dog separated from a common ancestor at least 27,000 years ago (so 30,000 is a rough estimate). That common ancestor wolf, called a Taimyr, is since extinct.[3]

To sum this up, dogs and gray wolves come from the same common ancestor, a type of now-extinct wolf called a Taimyr that lived nearly 30,000 years ago. Below we explore the details of the early divergence of the domestic dog, its ancestors, and admixture into high-latitude breeds.

To sum this up, dogs and gray wolves come from the same common ancestor

Humans did not evolve from apes, gorillas or chimps. We are all modern species that have followed different evolutionary paths, though humans share a common ancestor with some primates, such as the African ape. The timeline of human evolution is long and controversial, with significant gaps

I agree with you in part. But, I did not come from an ape. I know who created me. :)

God was cool enough to use evolution. Wild, eh?

Could be, but He didn't need it. ;)
Your proof of which is?

So much stupid; packed into one little post...
This has to be a record!

longknife

No need to pollute the thread with a nasty attack on RWNJs. Let's just stick to the topic, shall we?

It seems that christians believe men sprang from nothing and women sprang from a man's rib.

Pretty silly, I know but what is it you believe? And why did you write the post?
What is pretty silly is to think all creation....just happened. That somehow the enormous universe just came about without any involvement from anyone or anything. That man somehow evolved into a thinking species capable of creating amazing things, but all other species did not and this just...happened with no outside force making it happen.

Seems illogical to me.

gipper

Exactly. Even if I were able to believe in an invisible, all knowing, all seeing, petulant, vicious, creature who creates and destroys on a whim, there's just no way that I could believe "he' created the earth, the planets, the stars, plant and animal (including the human animal) life and then rested on Sunday.

Curiously, the elusive missing link that would establish a nexus between the hominids and the apes has never been found if it ever existed at all. The Australopithecines ...lucy and the gang... are the closest thing to it thus far
Science has already explained this. You aren't going to find a missing link. Do you see the difference between your grandfather and your grandson? There is a difference but you can't see it because it happens so gradually over time. If you have a million years you'll see it.

I rest my fucking case. If you DO NOT believe we "came from monkeys" then please tell us intelligent people what your fucking scientific theory is. We are fucking waiting!!!!

Seems illogical to me.

gipper

Exactly. Even if I were able to believe in an invisible, all knowing, all seeing, petulant, vicious, creature who creates and destroys on a whim, there's just no way that I could believe "he' created the earth, the planets, the stars, plant and animal (including the human animal) life and then rested on Sunday.

Religious people have an answer for everything. The earth is 14 trillion years old. 7 days, right? So they say to god 1 day is 2 trillion years.

No chance. Evolution may account for the differences within a species, but it does not account for new species.

Sure it does. Eventually, species will evolve and become so different they no longer interbreed and they are then considered different species.

How Do New Species Evolve?
Prometheus Bound

What species has been evolving from us? Homo sapiens implies that only High IQs are human. They invented everything that prevented the rest from living like wild animals, so that's what the rest really are. But the ungrateful and insulting subhumans credit everything good to their King Apes; that's why our simian rulers try to humiliate High IQs from childhood on, to keep them from manning up. Any smart person who acts like a gutless conformist nerd weakling is a traitor to his species.

No chance. Evolution may account for the differences within a species, but it does not account for new species.

Sure it does. Eventually, species will evolve and become so different they no longer interbreed and they are then considered different species.

How Do New Species Evolve?
Prometheus Bound

What species has been evolving from us? Homo sapiens implies that only High IQs are human. They invented everything that prevented the rest from living like wild animals, so that's what the rest really are. But the ungrateful and insulting subhumans credit everything good to their King Apes; that's why our simian rulers try to humiliate High IQs from childhood on, to keep them from manning up. Any smart person who acts like a gutless conformist nerd weakling is a traitor to his species.

It is so true. If a kid shows superior intelligence in church the preacher or nun will shut that shit down lickity split. Sure the occasional person like me escapes the brainwashing after 30 years but by then is it too late? And if one smart person tells 3 dummies they are dumb, will they believe him?

I watch religious shows for kids. Those kids are being brainwashed and the group is not having an honest discussion. Kids aren't free or comfortable to speak their minds and ultimately even if the kid does ask enough questions the preacher is going to tell him he/she just has to have faith in the ridiculous.

Seems illogical to me.

gipper

So...then it just happened. It's MAGIC!!!

Seems illogical to me.

gipper

Religious people have an answer for everything. The earth is 14 trillion years old. 7 days, right? So they say to god 1 day is 2 trillion years.
Who posted anything about God or religion? Not me.

That's the thing about you lefties, you automatically think anyone who disputes your kooky evolution THEORY, must think everything in the Bible is true. STFU!

To think it all magically happened, is to not think.

At any rate, evolution can co-exist with a superior being.

Forum List

Back