Do you believe that we are now or will soon be overpopulated?

Religion is the number one problem here. This idiot pope said the Earth is underpopulated. That was not only false but incredibly irresponsible, and shows what really matters to religious leaders - more of their own donating on Sundays.

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?

It is not now, nor has it ever been a problem. A perennial false crisis.

TexasSplit.JPG

Some scholarly calculations indicate the state of Texas could hold the entire human population of the earth. And, it wouldn't be standing room only!

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?

No...some areas are overpopulated...like Japan.........

That's about the worst example you could come up with. One of the most significant issues Japan is facing is precisely the opposite.

Last edited:
Don't worry guys.....I have the recipe for Soylent Green.....we'll make a killing....do you want in at the ground floor?

Religion is the number one problem here. This idiot pope said the Earth is underpopulated. That was not only false but incredibly irresponsible, and shows what really matters to religious leaders - more of their own donating on Sundays.
dont worry about what the pope says, he is really not a very good representation of what Christians should strive to be. The whole Vatican thing is obscene to a real Christian, how much of the catholics offering plate is used to keep the vatican going? seems that wealth is the number one concern for the Catholic church elders.
as far as the pope thinking that the earth is underpopulated? I suspect he is just trying to look out for the priests to make sure they have an ample supply of children to pick from for their molestation needs.
(P.S.
No offense intended toward the Catholic 'church')

Christian, how much of the catholics offering plate is used to keep the vatican going? seems that wealth is the number one concern for the Catholic church elders.
as far as the pope thinking that the earth is underpopulated? I suspect he is just trying to look out for the priests to make sure they have an ample supply of children to pick from for their molestation needs.
(P.S.
dont worry about what the pope says, he is really not a very good representation of what Christians should strive to be. The whole Vatican thing is obscene to a real Christian, how much of the catholics offering plate is used to keep the vatican going? seems that wealth is the number one concern for the Catholic church elders.
(P.S.

....spoken like a true bigot

Christian, how much of the catholics offering plate is used to keep the vatican going? seems that wealth is the number one concern for the Catholic church elders.
(P.S.
(P.S.

doesnt matter what you think actually, anyone that does not agree with your warped view is a bigot, or racist or sexist or (pick any derogatory name and place here)

kind of, yes, maybe

What?
The US, no.
NYC, yes.

The world?
Don't know, but too many plastic bags and trash. People should cut down on packaging.

(P.S.
(P.S.

doesnt matter what you think actually, anyone that does not agree with your warped view is a bigot, or racist or sexist or (pick any derogatory name and place here)

Nope, just bigots are bigots. You are welcome to be one, but don't piss and moan when it's recognized.

As I recall, it's estimated that the Earth reached 1 billion inhabitants for the first time in 1804 which, by the way, was prior to the industrial revolution.

It took another 123 years for the Earth to reach 2 billion inhabitants in 1927.

In spite of WWII, it only took 32 years to reach 3 billion inhabitants in 1959.

Since that time, the world has added another billion people approximately every 12-15 years.

We are now at approximately 7.4 billion with an estimate of reaching 8 billion ten years from now.

What do you think?

No...some areas are overpopulated...like Japan.........

That's about the worst example you could come up with. One of the most significant issues Japan is facing is precisely the opposite.

(P.S.
(P.S.

Nope, just bigots are bigots. You are welcome to be one, but don't piss and moan when it's recognized.
Im not pissing and moaning, Im just pointing out that you have called so many people on here bigots for not agreeing with you that your doing so has no concern to anyone at this point.
Its fine if you want to call people names you are certainly within your rights to do so, just dont get upset when nobody actually cares about what you say about them.
I think that as long as I understand your view, and you understand mine as far as this matter is concerned, we should have no problems with each other.
Carry on.

(P.S.
(P.S.

Im not pissing and moaning, Im just pointing out that you have called so many people on here bigots for not agreeing with you that your doing so has no concern to anyone at this point.
Its fine if you want to call people names you are certainly within your rights to do so, just dont get upset when nobody actually cares about what you say about them.
I think that as long as I understand your view, and you understand mine as far as this matter is concerned, we should have no problems with each other.
Carry on.

You sure seem to care, bigot.

(P.S.
(P.S.

... you have called so many people on here bigots for not agreeing with you

None

5 billion is a good long term target. Beyond that and humans encroach on too much of things like fresh water and wildlife. We really don't want to get to the point where wars are started just to clear out space. That's where we are headed right now. Some people say that Judaism concluded the planet was overpopulated a long time ago.

Forum List

Back