Do you believe that we are now or will soon be overpopulated?

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
I think resource distribution is the problem, not over-population.

There is plenty of food to go around for everyone. It just doesn't get to everywhere it is needed, for various reasons.

So, no. We do not have an over-population problem at this time.

The first real crush we will feel, as far as population goes, will be sources of fresh water. We are going to need to find a way to economically desalinate ocean water in the near future, I think.

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?

No...some areas are overpopulated...like Japan.....but the world is not overpopulated. And the birth rates for western democracies are going down, not up....as countries become wealthier, their people stop producing large families..so if you want lower population levels, embrace freedom, capitalism and the rule of law.....they will lead to wealth and prosperity for all, and lower birth rates.....

Nature will always balance itself out with epidemics, be it animals or humans.
We are not over populated.

My opinion on this subject varies according to who I'm standing next to.

No...some areas are overpopulated...like Japan.....but the world is not overpopulated. And the birth rates for western democracies are going down, not up....as countries become wealthier, their people stop producing large families..so if you want lower population levels, embrace freedom, capitalism and the rule of law.....they will lead to wealth and prosperity for all, and lower birth rates.....
There was a time in America when the more kids you had the better. Farmers wanted lots of kids.

And our industrial boom needed more bodies so we came up with public schools to encourage people to have kids.

We've even given tax breaks for having kids.

Those days are over. Today we don't want to encourage poor people to have more kids so public schools would be a good thing to defend. Same way if we don't give foodstamps maybe a poor girl who has one mistake won't have two.

Indeed, the Earth is already overpopulated with humans. The fresh water shortages are the tip of the iceberg. It will only get worse.

At a minimum, we should do the following.

first 2 kids are tax deductible
third kid is not but the first two still are
have a fourth kid and that wipes out the entire deduction - want a big family? fine = YOU pay for it

Where is your poll ???

Do you not know how to set up a poll ???

There was a time in America when the more kids you had the better. Farmers wanted lots of kids.

And our industrial boom needed more bodies so we came up with public schools to encourage people to have kids.

Those days are over. Today we don't want to encourage poor people to have more kids so public schools would be a good thing to defend. Same way if we don't give foodstamps maybe a poor girl who has one mistake won't have two.
As long as there was free land then subsistence farming and meat production ranching were feasible and more kids was plausible because more land was free too.

Once the land all got grabbed this ceased to be the case and most people became city dwellers and slaves to wages by capitalist monopolists.

Land redistribution might lessen the burden now, but overpopulation of the Earth as manifest by over emigration and immigration are the modern plague of locusts.

People are the locusts now.

We need a really big war like WW1 or a really big plague like The Black Death to curb the population.

As long as there was free land then subsistence farming and meat production ranching were feasible and more kids was plausible because more land was free too.

Once the land all got grabbed this ceased to be the case and most people became city dwellers and slaves to wages by capitalist monopolists.

Land redistribution might lessen the burden now, but overpopulation of the Earth as manifest by over emigration and immigration are the modern plague of locusts.

People are the locusts now.

We need a really big war like WW1 or a really big plague like The Black Death to curb the population.
what do you mean by land redistribution? Im not exactly sure how you mean this or what you have pictured in your mind when you say it.

The USA----------no
China-----------yes
India------------yes
Indonesia-------------yes
parts of Africa-----------yes
parts of central and south America------------yes
Europe-------------no
Greenland------------no

Forum List

Back