Do you agree: Stop demonizing citizens says Sen. Cornyn (R)

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I know this may at first look like a replication of other threads on this topic, but it is not. I wonder if rational responses can be made and rebutted here.

Did people who do not want these protesters demonized offer the same defense of other protesters, or there differences with regards the actions or content of each group of demonstrators?
---

Do I agree with this GOP politician? Why demonize people as nuts, whose stated purpose is to disrupt...to offer obstructionism as a 1st amendment right (my own observation of the happenings).

Is the stuff going on at congressional home meetings really an exercise in free speech or is it all an attempt to silence dissent---the dissent of those congressmen/women and their supporters to the obstructionist policies of the GOP?

“They’re American citizens exercising their First Amendment rights. I don’t know of any reason to try to demonize them,” he said Wednesday.
-Cornyn on the rights of American citizens to protest.

---

here is what Sen. Cornyn has to say about the disruptions...
Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) claims the anger shown by demonstrators at town hall meetings across the country will make his job of electing GOP senators all the more easy.
-thehill.com/campaign-2008/cornyn-public-anger-on-healthcare-a-good-opportunity-for-gop

Is it really "Demonizing" someone if you criticize them for:

- Disrupting public meetings
- Shouting down oposing views
- Refusing to be quiet
- Intimidating other speakers
- Chanting and drowning out other citizens

It is boorish behavior and deserves to be ridiculed.

Demonizing them? Has someone set up stakes to burn them at? Or maybe burned them in effigy?

I have called the protesters Cornyn is defending nuts and I do not apologize for demonizing those protesters as their protests are equall to those of the leftist nitiwts who shout down those they disagree with.

one at a time...

-Is it really "Demonizing" someone if you criticize them for: Disrupting public meetings.
nope
Is it really "Demonizing" someone if you criticize them for:- Shouting down oposing views.
nope
Is it really "Demonizing" someone if you criticize them for:- Refusing to be quiet.
nope
Is it really "Demonizing" someone if you criticize them for:- Intimidating other speakers.
nope
Is it really "Demonizing" someone if you criticize them for:- Chanting and drowning out other citizens.
nope

yes
:cool:

Demonizing them? Has someone set up stakes to burn them at? Or maybe burned them in effigy?

I'm pretty sure he meant referring to the citizens who offer an opposing views as mobs, fakes, astro-turfs and rabid right wing extremists that carry swastikas.

- Refusing to be quiet

Only if they are anti-American.

Is it anti-American to protest American policy or actions?

I'm pretty sure he meant referring to the citizens who offer an opposing views as mobs, fakes, astro-turfs and rabid right wing extremists that carry swastikas.

astro-turfs...who si The King of Astro-Turfing?

The Secret Side of David Axelrod
The Obama campaign's chief strategist is a master of "Astroturfing" and has a second firm that shapes public opinion for corporations
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do I agree with this GOP politician?

Yes, I agree with him. The Democrats are acting like Liberal Fascists. I remember when I protested the Iraq war and the Neoconservatives demonized people like myself. Same thing.

Protesting a war is OK. How one protests a war is what I am speaking about.

You are confusing things. How are the Dems acting like fascists?

I think the nazis should just keep it up,, the more pissed off people the better and boy there are some pissed off people. now.

This is called demonizing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtTBkxvBq88]YouTube - "Enough of the Mob"[/ame]

It also fits into alinsky's rules for radicals rule #5.....ridicule your opposition.

If you dont see it then you must subscribe to party ideology.

That being said people should not be shouting others down in the town hall meetings. Protest outside and if you are inside ask INTELLIGENT questions in a resonable tone and manner. None of this Birth Certificate crap or screaming down before the speaker can respond....thats bogus behavior.

Last edited:

The Obama campaign's chief strategist is a master of "Astroturfing" and has a second firm that shapes public opinion for corporations

The context in which it was used was disparaging. But I really need to explain that. Did I? I mean you're not that stupid. Are you?

- Refusing to be quiet

Only if they are anti-American.

Is it anti-American to protest American policy or actions?

I have found thru these message boards that the correct answer to your question depends on what policy or action. ;)

Is ridiculing white trash morons really demonizing?

Pelosi Called those who are against HR 3200 "Astroturf" Thats :lol: hillarious considering with all that apparant plastic surgery her face is astroturf :lol:

2741629711_a628a1ffa8.jpg

ooops not that picture i meant this one

pelosi_psychotic_witch.jpg

Last edited:

The context in which it was used was disparaging. But I really need to explain that. Did I? I mean you're not that stupid. Are you?

you need help. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back